ADVERTISEMENT

Allegany/ FH softball

I said the same thing about Alco football. It's a numbers game and the numbers are disappearing. Shrinkage.

FH had a real good female athlete, she transferred to Ridge a few weeks ago, playing softball for them

Fort Hill used to battle Beall/Mountain Ridge year in and year out in softball. Hopefully it is just a down year.

FH had a real good female athlete, she transferred to Ridge a few weeks ago, playing softball for them
I wouldn't call her real good, average softball player at best. She would not have made a difference in the score.
Fort Hill used to battle Beall/Mountain Ridge year in and year out in softball. Hopefully it is just a down year.
13 kids in the program, no JV team.

Alco had 20 some kids on varsity last fall and moved up how many JV kids to get that? They lost their last 2 games combined 66-0. Do I need to post the Braddock Warriors numbers and scores the past two years? Unless North Cumberland magically grows in 3 years it will be extemely bad as that filters through. Wow ok. Whatever glasses you want to look through.

Alco had to drop frosh basketball last year and that only requires about 8 kids.

FH softball did beat Hampshire I see.

Allegany has a good softball team. The girl that transferred to Mt. Ridge is a good player and will help that team as she is a starter. No one player will make a 20 run difference lol

Well I agree numbers are down. So participation numbers in activities will drop. Depends on the sport and interest I guess. Both Alco and FH are feeling it unfortunarely.

Problem I have with softball is a team only needs one ace pitcher to be great. She pitches 90% of the time. It's why Bohemia Manor may never lose in 4 years.

Last edited:
These things tend to be cyclical. I will say that more and more kids are losing interest in playing sports. There are so many things that they can do with their time these days that doesn't require the commitment a team requires. It's a shame. For the most part, being part of team sports can do so much for a young girl, guy.

Reactions: cumbfanatic
Alco had 20 some kids on varsity last fall and moved up how many JV kids to get that? They lost their last 2 games combined 66-0. Do I need to post the Braddock Warriors numbers and scores the past two years? Unless North Cumberland magically grows in 3 years it will be extemely bad as that filters through. Wow ok. Whatever glasses you want to look through.

Alco had to drop frosh basketball last year and that only requires about 8 kids.

FH softball did beat Hampshire I see.
I wouldn't brag to much about beating Hampshire, they are the worst team in the area

Well I agree numbers are down. So participation numbers in activities will drop. Depends on the sport and interest I guess. Both Alco and FH are feeling it unfortunarely.

Problem I have with softball is a team only needs one ace pitcher to be great. She pitches 90% of the time. It's why Bohemia Manor may never lose in 4 years.
BM didn't loose last year but the year before they did. Allegany has more than just pitching, they have some stud hitters who are also excellent fielders. Allegany softball will be strong for the next several years at least.

These things tend to be cyclical. I will say that more and more kids are losing interest in playing sports. There are so many things that they can do with their time these days that doesn't require the commitment a team requires. It's a shame. For the most part, being part of team sports can do so much for a young girl, guy.
Very well said

FH girls beat Moorefield to get to 3-3. They are not as bad as stated here. The FH baseball team though is now 0-4. Real bad.

Trust me the FH team is horrible. Or maybe Alco is just that much head and shoulders above them in softball. I know Alco has won at least the last 7 meetings and dont think that will change anytime soon. Side note Braddock beat Washington softball 18-3 tonight.

Fort Hill Girl's Softball is low on numbers but they had 1 girl leave this year for Mountain Ridge, They already have 3 girls at Allegany that live in FH Territory.
Also I know FH Baseball isn't very good this Season but they just beat an 11-2 Hedgesville Team Yesterday at Hedgesville 10-6 (Hesgesville is #3 in the State of WV)
Fort Hill Baseball is now 2-3 with a 2 run loss the Mountain Ridge and a 2 run loss to Frankfort.

Fort Hill Girl's Softball is low on numbers but they had 1 girl leave this year for Mountain Ridge, They already have 3 girls at Allegany that live in FH Territory.
Also I know FH Baseball isn't very good this Season but they just beat an 11-2 Hedgesville Team Yesterday at Hedgesville 10-6 (Hesgesville is #3 in the State of WV)
Fort Hill Baseball is now 2-3 with a 2 run loss the Mountain Ridge and a 2 run loss to Frankfort.
What 3 girls live in FH district? Help me out here. I can give you 2 but the 3rd is a head scratcher. How many kids played on the FH football team that lived in Allegany district? I don't see your point to this when kids go to whatever school they want to

Last edited:
Mountain Ridge baseball is bad this year. Not taking anything away from Fort Hill for it's close loss to them. But it definitely isn't as good a Miners' team as they are used to having.

Petersburg athletics are starting to rise. The middle school level is strong and has a lot of community support. When the 5th - 8th grade girls are in high school they will be good in basketball as well as softball. I’ve seen them play bb a few times.

Reactions: beall02
Petersburg has a good pitcher who has verbally committed to George Mason. This was a very even game throughout. Petersburg lone run came on an error. At least 3 D1 softball players who have committed on the field in this game. Probably a fourth with the Alco pitcher who is to young to be committed.

How many kids played on the FH football team that lived in Allegany district? I don't see your point to this when kids go to whatever school they want to

Right? Like living in Little Egypt and playing for Alco? ;)

Seriously, kids live everywhere these days. It's pervasive. Not really a point to belabor. I'm just picking; cause I'm already ready for football lol

Or living in West Virginia and playing for FH

Where kids live these days is completely irrelevant. But it does turn into a joke whenever a kid transfers because somehow, they and/or their parent(s) think they're not going to get a college scholarship because the coach at one school hates them, so they feel that they need to transfer to the other school so they can get a college scholarship, but 3 years later the kid has a kid and is working at Chic fil A anyways.

There's a difference between transferring to play and transferring to play for a future in whatever the sport is. Our team benefited from a transfer, and the dude who transferred to play with us benefited even more with a $250k education. I'd argue that play makes a little more sense than transferring to another school to just play RB because the current coach hates you and/or thinks the starting RB is better. Especially if he is...

Allegany boys beat Mountain Ridge today 15 -2, after coming off the FH win. They aren’t playing too bad for having a lot of sophomore and Freshman. Most all of their production is coming from Freshman and Sophmores.

Or living in West Virginia and playing for FH

Exactly, kids want to play where they can win.

I dont personally have a problem with kids transferring for whatever reason. If they think they can transfer to another school and get extra looks that might help for some money for school, then so be it. Even if they just transfer because they'd like the experience, can't really fault them for that either. They are still going to get an education at a local school, no more or less than whatever school they transferred from.

Reactions: BoyznBlue
Exactly, kids want to play where they can win.

I dont personally have a problem with kids transferring for whatever reason. If they think they can transfer to another school and get extra looks that might help for some money for school, then so be it. Even if they just transfer because they'd like the experience, can't really fault them for that either. They are still going to get an education at a local school, no more or less than whatever school they transferred from.

"I'm already ready for football lol"

Most folks don't have problems with things they see as a benefit. Sit in the stands. See a 1A team - ugh, that is your favorite team - with players three deep from a shrinking town - kick the shit out of other smaller schools. Yep! Sure. Those kids sitting on the bench are getting lots of extra looks. Sell the myth! Buy 'em the CD of the kid riding the bench at the championship game.

"kids want to play where they can win."

Are we raising children so dumb as to think they actually won something if they never got in the game? Has console-singularity finally arrived? Sit on your ass and be a winner.

Reactions: BoyznBlue
Allegany boys beat Northern 1-0. Alco has 1 senior mostly all Freshman and Sophomores, playing well for being so young. Basically a JV squad

Allegany trounces Fort Hill again tonight in softball 10-0. That is a total of 33-0 in 2 games. At least 8 wins in a row for Alco.

For the record Alco has played 10 softball games. Kyra Pittman has pitched 9 of the games. The only game she didn't pitch was against winless Hampshire. Thats a joke. All you need is one pitcher to be good. LOL. She pitched this Saturday, yesterday and will again tonight. Who pitches 3 out of 4 days? That doesnt sound like a great team to me. Thats why few care about high school softball. Alco has a great one person team there but will get the same dose of one woman dominance if they reach Bohemia Manor again. No thanks.

Last edited:
Or put it another way. For the 3Rd time in 4 days, Pittman has to pitch against Petersburg tonight or Alco will get crushed. That's not a good team.

Or put it another way. For the 3Rd time in 4 days, Pittman has to pitch against Petersburg tonight or Alco will get crushed. That's not a good team.
Crushed? You are aware that last time they played it was 1-0 and Petersburg scored on an error. Granted Alco was no hit that game but it happens. I guess 1-0 is your definition of crushed. I assume you can't stand to see you mighty Sentinels beat in anything especially by an Allegany team. What a joke.

For the record Alco has played 10 softball games. Kyra Pittman has pitched 9 of the games. The only game she didn't pitch was against winless Hampshire. Thats a joke. All you need is one pitcher to be good. LOL. She pitched this Saturday, yesterday and will again tonight. Who pitches 3 out of 4 days? That doesnt sound like a great team to me. Thats why few care about high school softball. Alco has a great one person team there but will get the same dose of one woman dominance if they reach Bohemia Manor again. No thanks.
And BTW for the record Alco has played 12 games, you don't even have a clue of what's going on

Crushed? You are aware that last time they played it was 1-0 and Petersburg scored on an error. Granted Alco was no hit that game but it happens. I guess 1-0 is your definition of crushed. I assume you can't stand to see you mighty Sentinels beat in anything especially by an Allegany team. What a joke.

Yea and Kyra Pittman pitched that game. If she doesn't pitch against Petersburg they'll get crushed. I don't care howw many games they have played. Kyra pitches in every one of them. That's not a sport to me. It's a one person show. Go Alco Pittman!

There needs to be a rule where a kid can only pitch once every 3 games. Otherwise people don't care to follow the sport unless they have a kid in the game. It's not a sport at this level. It's just a one person event when there is an ace pitcher and a bunch of teenage girls who can't hit her. The fact she has to pitch tonight for the 3rd time in 4 days tells me Alco doesn't have much else.

Last edited:
Petersburg has a good team, but they aren’t great. Like I’ve said before in a few years they will be really good. At the middle school level they are loaded with female athletes.

Yea and Kyra Pittman pitched that game. If she doesn't pitch against Petersburg they'll get crushed. I don't care howw many games they have played. Kyra pitches in every one of them. That's not a sport to me. It's a one person show. Go Alco Pittman!

There needs to be a rule where a kid can only pitch once every 3 games. Otherwise people don't care to follow the sport unless they have a kid in the game. It's not a sport at this level. It's just a one person event when there is an ace pitcher and a bunch of teenage girls who can't hit her. The fact she has to pitch tonight for the 3rd time in 4 days tells me Alco doesn't have much else.
Not much but a little more than Petersburg tonight. They sure did get "crushed" 7-0 Alco. Go back to your bad FH team that has nothing

Can you read? Who pitched for Alco? Same pitcher every game. Tomorrow she will pitch again for the 4th time in 5 days. right? That's a joke and why few follow softball. We all know who is winning the 1A state title. Another girl who plays in Chesapeake City.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT