ADVERTISEMENT

Allegany-Boonsboro JV game cancelled?

LHSlancerFAN

Franchise Poster
Sep 4, 2003
I just looked on the Washington County CMC page and its saying that the Boonsboro-Allegany JV game this Wednesday is cancelled? Maxpreps is showing that Allegany played Smithsburg last week so I was just wondering what was going on. I was looking forward to making the trip back up to Cumberland this week.

So according to one of the Boonsboro coaches...Boonsboro has dropped Alco in all sports due to the hit in the varsity game that caused injury to one of their players. Guess that's the end of this series.

The world has gone crazy.

Reactions: ravemwp
So according to one of the Boonsboro coaches...Boonsboro has dropped Alco in all sports due to the hit in the varsity game that caused injury to one of their players. Guess that's the end of this series.

The world has gone crazy.
Geez! I was talking with someone about it last night and they said they had a feeling it had something to do with that play. I'm a Boonsboro person now and I was upset about the play as well, but if this is true, that's a bit excessive. You cannot punish an entire program, and apparently an entire school, for a poor decision by a single player. I certainly hope there is more to this than that. It seemed like it was becoming a pretty nice rivalry on the football field and it would be a shame to see it end over one play.

Geez! I was talking with someone about it last night and they said they had a feeling it had something to do with that play. I'm a Boonsboro person now and I was upset about the play as well, but if this is true, that's a bit excessive. You cannot punish an entire program, and apparently an entire school, for a poor decision by a single player. I certainly hope there is more to this than that. It seemed like it was becoming a pretty nice rivalry on the football field and it would be a shame to see it end over one play.

Unfortunately in this new world we now live in, everyone does have to pay for the actions of one. Political correctness has replaced common sense. The kids are the ones who suffer. It's a shame.

And if Boonsboro does not find a replacement JV game then they will have done their own student-athletes a disservice as well.

Allegany should in the yearbook for the historical record, when listing the JV football record and scores should grant themselves a victory and notate the Forfeit by Boonsboro.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4R341 and Dwj21
Unfortunately in this new world we now live in, everyone does have to pay for the actions of one. Political correctness has replaced common sense. The kids are the ones who suffer. It's a shame.
It was the kids who caused it, so don't feel sorry for them.

Reactions: Dwj21
Everyone on here slurping Fort Hill for going full cancel culture because of a scrimmage is now ripping on Boonsboro for doing the same. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Of course these are the same people who think they are entitled to cancel an election with their only evidence being the guy they voted for lost.

Identity and victim politics are absolutely ruining Western Maryland

It was one kid who made an incredibly poor decision at the end of the game. The other 47 minutes and 56 seconds was just a hard fought, clean game. Both JV teams are being punished and they had absolutely nothing to do with what happened so yes, the kids are the ones that are losing out here.

I had heard that Boonsboro was looking into playing a Frederick County opponent, my guess is Oakdale, since their JV is not playing Fort Hill. I highly doubt this comes to fruition because transportation is already an issue, much less at such late notice.

It was ONE kid that caused the problem that 50 other kids have to suffer from. You seem to be a very angry and bitter person, with nothing to add except your hatred for Fort Hill. Hopefully some time soon you will be able to read something on here that you can add some positivity to. BTW I don't feel sorry for the kids, I said that the whole suffers from the action of one, and that is unfortunately a new truth in this new world we live in, and again I'm almost positive that this JV game cancellation had nothing to do with the Presidential election. I believe there is another board for those complaints.

Reactions: 4R341
It was ONE kid that caused the problem that 50 other kids have to suffer from. You seem to be a very angry and bitter person, with nothing to add except your hatred for Fort Hill. Hopefully some time soon you will be able to read something on here that you can add some positivity to. BTW I don't feel sorry for the kids, I said that the whole suffers from the action of one, and that is unfortunately a new truth in this new world we live in, and again I'm almost positive that this JV game cancellation had nothing to do with the Presidential election. I believe there is another board for those complaints.
You were literally one of the people on here ripping New Town over one coach at a scrimmage. But like you said, in the new world we live in, no one is allowed to call out hypocrisy of others without them playing the victim.

Good to see you run to defense of FH in a thread about an Alco JV game. What does you getting pissy about somebody not worshipping Fort Hill have to do with Boonsboro and Allegany jvs?

Or is it cool when you go off topic?

Last edited:
You were literally one of the people on here ripping New Town over one coach at a scrimmage. But like you said, in the new world we live in, no one is allowed to call out hypocrisy of others without them playing the victim.

Good to see you run to defense of FH in a thread about an Alco JV game. What does you getting pissy about somebody not worshipping Fort Hill have to do Boonsboro and Allegany jvs?

Or is it cool when you go off topic?
Dear MR. Bitter, I do believe that you added FH to this thread, and I quote "everyone on here slurping FH for going full cancel culture because of a scrimmage is now ripping on Boonsboro for doing the same thing". That's on you my friend. Which I wondered what that has to do with an Alco vs Boonsboro JV football game. So I went back and did some perusing of this website, since the time I stumbled upon it. I haven't seen anything but negativity from you along with a terrible distain you have for FH. I am not a fan of nor a supporter of FH, but everything they do can't possibly be wrong, as your responses seem to indicate. My opinion of them is unbiased, and I'm sure other programs have warts as well, yet I never hear you speak on that. Hell twice you even said" it's not about the kids", when it is very much about the kids, and "don't feel sorry for the kids, its the kids that caused the problem". Then made reference to "its only JV, whos cares". Well the kids care, and their parents care, what may not seem import to us, may be very important to them. I have learned in my lifetime that the worst kind of hater, is hate just for hates sake. In my couple of months on here, I am still searching for even the slightest of positivity from one of your post. I will give you the benefit of the doubt, and believe that you are a good person that likes to come on here and get people stirred up. Yet sometimes the same old rhetoric becomes just that. Old. High school sports is always, and should always be about the student athletes. Period. Full stop.

Last edited:
Dear MR. Bitter, I do believe that you added FH to this thread, and I quote "everyone on here slurping FH for going full cancel culture because of a scrimmage is now ripping on Boonsboro for doing the same thing". That's on you my friend. Which I wondered what that has to do with an Alco vs Boonsboro JV football game. So I went back and did some perusing of this website, since the time I stumbled upon it. I haven't seen anything but negativity from you along with a terrible distain you have for FH. I am not a fan of nor a supporter of FH, but everything they do can't possibly be wrong, as your responses seem to indicate. My opinion of them is unbiased, and I'm sure other programs have warts as well, yet I never hear you speak on that. Hell twice you even said" it's not about the kids", when it is very much about the kids, and "don't feel sorry for the kids, its the kids that caused the problem". Then made reference to "its only JV, whos cares". Well the kids care, and their parents care, what may not seem import to us, may be very important to them. I have learned in my lifetime that the worst kind of hater, is hate just for hates sake. In my couple of months on here, I am still searching for even the slightest of positivity from one of your post. I will give you the benefit of the doubt, and believe that you are a good person that likes to come on here and get people stirred up. Yet sometimes the same old rhetoric becomes just that. Old. High school sports is always, and should always be about the student athletes. Period. Full stop.
Sorry, but you're the one who brought up my feelings about FH in an unrelated post. You needed to be the victim, and you got to play it here.

And youre making it very much about you, that's what you don't understand. You weren't worried about the kids when FH canceled a scrimmage because of one coach. In fact you called it "karma," that kids won't be able to play anymore, or are you just going to act like you didn't say it?

How can it be about the kids when you gleefully called it karma that two whole teams of kids would now be missing out? At least you got to cry about "mean posts," right? You were actually glad that kids got to miss out on playing. What changed? Don't worry about telling us, we already know.

Seriously, you said it's a big deal for a school to change the start time of a game, less than a month after you cheered for the entire cancelation of a scrimmage. But I'm biased.... hahahahahahahahaha!

Also, can you show me in your posts where there is any positive, or why there needs to be a positive?

Let me know when you get down off your soapbox and want to answer

Last edited:
Have you ever heard the saying don’t argue with an idiot. well one ring is the idiot😂
Yes I have. I made an incredibly stupid mistake by acknowledging he or she even existed, my bad. Thanks for the reminder.

Sorry, but you're the one who brought up my feelings about FH in an unrelated post. You needed to be the victim, and you got to play it here.

And youre making it very much about you, that's what you don't understand. You weren't worried about the kids when FH canceled a scrimmage because of one coach. In fact you called it "karma," that kids won't be able to play anymore, or are you just going to act like you didn't say it?

How can it be about the kids when you gleefully called it karma that two whole teams of kids would now be missing out? At least you got to cry about "mean posts," right? You were actually glad that kids got to miss out on playing. What changed? Don't worry about telling us, we already know.

Seriously, you said it's a big deal for a school to change the start time of a game, less than a month after you cheered for the entire cancelation of a scrimmage. But I'm biased.... hahahahahahahahaha!

Also, can you show me in your posts where there is any positive, or why there needs to be a positive?

Let me know when you get down off your soapbox and want to answer
Being able to read is very important in life, being able to comprehend what you read is equally as important. Reading this post it is obvious to me that you have no comprehension or understanding of what I posted or the reasons why.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT