ADVERTISEMENT

Allegany 19, Keyser 16 Final

Good to see Alco hanging in this season after facing some trouble and turmoil early on. Playing competitive football most games.

I don’t think homecoming will be interesting this year. Alco will match or be more physical, but no way can they match the speed or skill positions.

I don’t think homecoming will be interesting this year. Alco will match or be more physical, but no way can they match the speed or skill positions.
you may be right but last week I didn't see any speed or athletes in the FH mountain Ridge game on the Red side.
They were totally contained....

Mountain Ridge ended their 15 year drought against FH. Maybe Alco can do something similar in a couple weeks

I don't know. MR shocked a lot of people. If FH fails to hold onto the ball, who knows. There's always the homecoming equalizer factor. It doesn't necessary make the two teams "equal" per se, but it doesn't play a roll. I think you might be pleasantly surprised. I don't see this FH team recovering from the loss to MR, because I don't think anything will be done to correct the issues. Hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: 4inarowtopthat
I don't know. MR shocked a lot of people. If FH fails to hold onto the ball, who knows. There's always the homecoming equalizer factor. It doesn't necessary make the two teams "equal" per se, but it doesn't play a roll. I think you might be pleasantly surprised. I don't see this FH team recovering from the loss to MR, because I don't think anything will be done to correct the issues. Hope I'm wrong.
I think you’ll learn a lot about what adjustments FH has made and what issues they’ve corrected this week against a decent team. Unfortunately no one learns anything from playing the likes of a smithsburg. As for homecoming, FH 42-7

Reactions: Dwj21
I think you’ll learn a lot about what adjustments FH has made and what issues they’ve corrected this week against a decent team. Unfortunately no one learns anything from playing the likes of a smithsburg. As for homecoming, FH 42-7
I would like to hear from one of the posters from last week that were very supportive of the coaching staff overall. They felt they were outcoached but it was one of those things and they would learn from it, make adjustments and corrections, and wouldn't let the same thing happen again. Did you see what you wanted, were there any substitutions or just changes in position you felt positive about. Were there any schemes or strategies that looked like something they had felt after being exposed there had to be some changes. Overall did you see something had been learned and going forward the next few weeks there would be some fine tuning and if/when they faced MR again there would be a different outcome.

Not wanting to hijack this thread (It's an Allegany beats Keyser thread) I will take the bait. The question is what positive things I saw Friday night. First, it's hard to judge because Smithsburg is really struggling. I liked the QB under center. FH is much harder to defend because they are more balanced. They cut the penalties by two thirds. (From 12 to 4) Thirdly, they caught a punt, it's about time. The return almost went to the house. I did see some things that still need worked on. The young man who is having problems blocking a bull rush is still having issues. If he would drop his hips, it would help. It also looked like none of the centers stepped off as they made the snap. This has got to improve, but you can't fix it in three practices. That leads us up to the Staff. I backed them last year, after the first game, and I'll back them again. Do I agree with everything they do, of course not, but I don't run the team. I sit in the stands and eat pizza. This is a young staff, they have to make the calls and live by the results. If you recall, it took Todd a few years to move his team to a point where they were head and shoulders above everyone. This staff knows football, and they care about and relate well with the kids. They are learning how to be leaders and not just coaches. So far, I'm happy with what I've seen. Let the next few weeks play out and ask again on another thread.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT