Troy Banks - FH (junior)

CO-DEFENSIVE PLAYERS OF THE YEAR
Brayden Poling - FH (junior)
Luke Hamilton - FH (junior)

LINEMAN OF THE YEAR
Brayden Conley - FH

COACH OF THE YEAR
Todd Appel - FH

I dont ever recall a clean sweep like that of all the top awards. FH just so far ahead of everyone else. It's no wonder area teams won't play FH in football. This 2017 FH team will be another favorite to repeat and win 5 in a row.

Reactions: sentinel-nurse
All of these guys worked hard and deserve the honors. Why do you think #13 wasn't recognized for an award?

I can't answer that only than a guess. But you can compare numbers. Keep in mind #5 had better numbers and he was the one who played full time against the meat of the schedule vs. Hollidaysburg, South Hagerstown, Sherando and Havre de Grace. #13 dominated Alco.

I can't answer that only than a guess. But you can compare numbers. Keep in mind #5 had better numbers and he was the one who played full time against the meat of the schedule vs. Hollidaysburg, South Hagerstown, Sherando and Havre de Grace. #13 dominated Alco.

The numbers weren't really that far apart.

So the yards #5 got were mostly legit yards, it wasn't yardage in the 3rd and 4th quarters after they pulled the starters?

Last edited:
#13 did not play FB at all against Hollidaysburg, South Hagerstown or Sherando. He did some in the first half of the state title game. But Banks was voted MVP of that game.

Figured it would go this way and rightly so. So excited for Hamilton, great football player but even better young man. Did think Rhodes from Alco may get something, pretty athletic kid I thought. Congrats to the winners.

Reactions: sentinel-nurse
Congrats to all the winners. Brown POY the numbers speak for themselve... Graves or Rhodes should have gotten OPY. (Graves won a state title) Poling leading team in tackles for 3 years in a row. How many records will he hold? Most tackles, most games played, most wins, most winningest and probably more. Conley was a beast to say the least. Think Hamilton will get his sack record next year. Apple a great coach along with his coaching staff. Hansel has Alco headed into the right direction. Just my opinion and thoughts. Looking forward to next season

its great to see such a great team rewarded however its fairly obvious the books were cooked to spread the love

Final numbers for the year: Banks 119 carries - 1,003 yards; Smith 107 carries - 971 yards.

Final numbers for the year: Banks 119 carries - 1,003 yards; Smith 107 carries - 971 yards.

If I am being perfectly honest here neither one gets my vote for a YEARLY award. Both shared too much time and had too many games with little or no impact on offense to win OPOY. It was a nice problem for FH to have with so many FBs of their caliber. Swan was 3rd string as a sophomore and probably starts for many teams in the state. He reminds me somewhat of Darr in that position. Small but VERY strong and fast enough to make a house call from the FB spot.

Off the top of my head If I had a ballot to cast it would probably look like this

POY-Graves-starred both ways, probably most valuable Sentinel
OPOY-Brown-1300 yards, 22 TDs 17 yards per touch
DPOY-Conley-I think he made the biggest impact on D all year, Sack leader
Lineman-Hamilton, everyone see's the impact on D and he's basically an OL on offense just going in motion and played some end which is of course on the line
Coach-Appel with Hansel a very close 2nd all things considered

just my little ole 2 cents

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT