ADVERTISEMENT

Best receiver in college football

TDHelmick

Hall of Fame Poster
May 29, 2001
For those into the college football depths.

I am a registered Heisman voter and also a registered Biletnikoff Award voter, which goes out to the nation's best college football receiver. The Heisman is easy...just pick the three best players in order. The Biletnikoff is far more extensive as they require each voter to submit their Top 10 receivers in order -- and that is just to narrow down the semifinalist list. As a voter, it's impossible to watch every game and every candidate weekly. So you pour through an excruciating amount of statistics, highlights, previous year's data, etc. to try and put this thing into a perspective and then order them. These awards are never going to look like a NFL Draft Analysis, that's not the same as being the best in college football.

Jordan Addison won this award last year when he played for Pitt. You can make a case for him winning it again after transferring and starring this season for USC. But he didn't post the same type of numbers as the ones ahead of him.

Here are the nation's top rated receivers in college football according to my Biletnikoff Ballot:
1. Jaylin Hyatt - Tennessee
2. Marvin Harrison - Ohio State
3. Josh Downs - North Carolina
4. Nathaniel Dell - Houston
5. Charlie Jones - Purdue
6. Rashee Rice - SMU
7. Jordan Addison - Southern California
8. Zay Flowers - Boston College
9. Xavier Hutchinson - Iowa State
10. Keylon Stokes - Tulsa

But if you ask me who are the first three receivers taken in the 2023 NFL Draft I would say:

Quentin Johnston - TCU
Jordan Addison - Southern California
Jaxson Smith-Njigba - Ohio State (been hampered with injury in 2022)

BUCKEYE NUTS
Ohio State has three receivers that are worthy of being drafted in the first round next year: JSN, Harrison and Egbuka. That's nuts.

Last edited:
Reactions: ravemwp
For those into the college football depths.

I am a registered Heisman voter and also a registered Biletnikoff Award voter, which goes out to the nation's best college football receiver. The Heisman is easy...just pick the three best players in order. The Biletnikoff is far more extensive as they require each voter to submit their Top 10 receivers in order -- and that is just to narrow down the semifinalist list. As a voter, it's impossible to watch every game and every candidate weekly. So you pour through an excruciating amount of statistics, highlights, previous year's data, etc. to try and put this thing into a perspective and then order them. These awards are never going to look like a NFL Draft Analysis, that's not the same as being the best in college football.

Jordan Addison won this award last year when he played for Pitt. You can make a case for him winning it again after transferring and starring this season for USC. But he didn't post the same type of numbers as the ones ahead of him.

Here are the nation's top rated receivers in college football according to my Biletnikoff Ballot:
1. Jaylin Hyatt - Tennessee
2. Marvin Harrison - Ohio State
3. Josh Downs - North Carolina
4. Nathaniel Dell - Houston
5. Charlie Jones - Purdue
6. Rashee Rice - SMU
7. Jordan Addison - Southern California
8. Zay Flowers - Boston College
9. Xavier Hutchinson - Iowa State
10. Keylon Stokes - Tulsa

But if you ask me who are the first three receivers taken in the 2023 NFL Draft I would say:

Quentin Johnston - TCU
Jordan Addison - Southern California
Jaxson Smith-Njigba - Ohio State (been hampered with injury in 2022)

BUCKEYE NUTS
Ohio State has three receivers that are worthy of being drafted in the first round next year: JSN, Harrison and Egbuka. That's nuts.
Harrison is really special. Unbelievable skills.

Reactions: bigdawgrefwmd
I still have Hyatt at the top for this award. He has the best numbers against the best competition.

If voters give the Biletnikoff to Addison again there is a problem.

I still have Hyatt at the top for this award. He has the best numbers against the best competition.

If voters give the Biletnikoff to Addison again there is a problem.
If Harrison were draft eligible, I'd have a tough time passing on him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT