ADVERTISEMENT

Alco vs Dunbar official thread

Well folks, I was at the game and will tell you straight up...I GOT SOAKED! So bad that nothing I wore was dry. In fact all the people on the bus we took to the game all looked like drowned rats.

The field surface is absolutely great. Just opened last Monday with "Astro Turf." However, the stands and dressing rooms were...hmmmm...lets just say, not very good.

Gents it rained so hard that the field was underwater clear up to the sidelines on both sides of the field. I was on Alco's sideline and the water was over my shoes. An umbrella was of no use...it rained that hard!

I haven't updated my site yet, but I am here to tell you, the Campers are for real as are the Poets. Dunbar dressed about 30 players and looked sharp in their Maroon uniforms. They have good size and (as usual) has several fast guys. Their running back is about 6' 4" and can run. The QB had some early jitters with 2 fumbled snaps. As we all knew, the Poets are big on the O line and block pretty well. Except for the few long runs, Allegany pretty much defensed them.

One thing that is for sure, the Campers are not push-overs as expected. Christian Welch is a horse. He had several good runs and one went for about 20 yards in the 1st. Welch is hard to bring down and has a great lean when he runs. Does that remind you of anybody from last season? Alco QB is a outstanding ball handler and can throw a good ball. The pass that everyone was talking about was slightly under thrown, but it was also good defense by the Poet player.

Wingate had several good runs as well. The trap up the middle was wide open and no body...I mean no body caught up to or had any chance of catching him.

Other than the downpour that I am sure nobody was liking, the only thing I saw that didn't get called was on Dunbar's first score and they went for two, the QB had to scramble and eventually found a man for the 2 point conversion, was that the Dunbar offensive line as they should was trying to block for the QB of course and at least 3 of them were in the end zone or down field blocking on a pass play. Should of been called, but it wasn't. So we move on, its part of the game.

The Poets will get better and so will the Campers...the future is bright for both teams in 2018.
Well folks, I was at the game and will tell you straight up...I GOT SOAKED! So bad that nothing I wore was dry. In fact all the people on the bus we took to the game all looked like drowned rats.

The field surface is absolutely great. Just opened last Monday with "Astro Turf." However, the stands and dressing rooms were...hmmmm...lets just say, not very good.

Gents it rained so hard that the field was underwater clear up to the sidelines on both sides of the field. I was on Alco's sideline and the water was over my shoes. An umbrella was of no use...it rained that hard!

I haven't updated my site yet, but I am here to tell you, the Campers are for real as are the Poets. Dunbar dressed about 30 players and looked sharp in their Maroon uniforms. They have good size and (as usual) has several fast guys. Their running back is about 6' 4" and can run. The QB had some early jitters with 2 fumbled snaps. As we all knew, the Poets are big on the O line and block pretty well. Except for the few long runs, Allegany pretty much defensed them.

One thing that is for sure, the Campers are not push-overs as expected. Christian Welch is a horse. He had several good runs and one went for about 20 yards in the 1st. Welch is hard to bring down and has a great lean when he runs. Does that remind you of anybody from last season? Alco QB is a outstanding ball handler and can throw a good ball. The pass that everyone was talking about was slightly under thrown, but it was also good defense by the Poet player.

Wingate had several good runs as well. The trap up the middle was wide open and no body...I mean no body caught up to or had any chance of catching him.

Other than the downpour that I am sure nobody was liking, the only thing I saw that didn't get called was on Dunbar's first score and they went for two, the QB had to scramble and eventually found a man for the 2 point conversion, was that the Dunbar offensive line as they should was trying to block for the QB of course and at least 3 of them were in the end zone or down field blocking on a pass play. Should of been called, but it wasn't. So we move on, its part of the game.

The Poets will get better and so will the Campers...the future is bright for both teams in 2018.
I had not heard anybody say the campers were going to be pushovers. Whoever said that was smokin' something. With some excellent returners, a very good jv squad, team speed, size, and the fullback set...one would have to be foolish to think the campers aren't going to be tough all year.

Oh please. You can do better. One joins Max Preps in order to get the full features of the site. Once you do that you can go through all the options, including reporting if you want to. There are also options to correct bad information; but after reading the fake review of the game.... why bother. I just figured I post here what I found. More folks read this forum than a review of the Alco game on Max Preps.
I am kicking myself right now for I have done what I have seen many others do on here and swore I would never....I have fallen into the vortex of Lag's ignorant banter. And when I say ignorant, I mean just that "lacking knowledge or awareness". I am not here to defend Max Preps, Robert M, or anything pertaining to Alco/Dunbar. But what I do hate is incorrect information passed off as fact. First, of all, Max preps is a tool to use for scheduling, rosters, etc. I've done the reporting for another sport on an occasion and I'll tell you it is not an enjoyable experience. It's hard to concentrate on game along with updating the site, so give Robert M a break. And last but most important, those "reviews" that you read and keep alluding to are not done by the game reporter. They are automated reviews created by an algorithm on Max preps site using the game data submitted. Your team reporter has no control over the review. I do enjoy reading some of your insight Lags...just hoping you stick more to what you know.

Who was this top RB In the area the last 4 years at FH that played youth sports in ALCO school district? The top RB in the area last season didn’t even play for FH . LOL please share this knowledge with more detail.
Not going to name kids but Fort Hill's fullback last year played basketball and football at Braddock. Left and went to FH after 8th grade. The fullback before him played 1 year at Braddock

I am kicking myself right now for I have done what I have seen many others do on here and swore I would never....I have fallen into the vortex of Lag's ignorant banter. And when I say ignorant, I mean just that "lacking knowledge or awareness". I am not here to defend Max Preps, Robert M, or anything pertaining to Alco/Dunbar. But what I do hate is incorrect information passed off as fact. First, of all, Max preps is a tool to use for scheduling, rosters, etc. I've done the reporting for another sport on an occasion and I'll tell you it is not an enjoyable experience. It's hard to concentrate on game along with updating the site, so give Robert M a break. And last but most important, those "reviews" that you read and keep alluding to are not done by the game reporter. They are automated reviews created by an algorithm on Max preps site using the game data submitted. Your team reporter has no control over the review. I do enjoy reading some of your insight Lags...just hoping you stick more to what you know.

This thread will now continue to be interesting.

I ran your post through my Lagorithm. The result is strictly commentary with occasional corrections to any abysmal poverty of thought:

"I am kicking myself right now for I have done what I have seen many others do on here and swore I would never....I have fallen into the vortex of Lag's"- lag correct >.... logic and in haste didn't think about what I was posting and most assuredly didn't think about it afterword.

But that's okay. As a not-too-far-away spavined septuagenarian, I often vortex-it myself and gotten into the habit of rereading my posts - < lag unsolicited advice..

Here's your comment:
"They are automated reviews created by an algorithm on Max preps site using the game data submitted."

lag commentary >
Gee! I wonder where the game data came from? Oh yes! done by the "reporter."

Here's your logic:
"Your team reporter has no control over the review."

lag commentary
Ugh... Say what? Singularity must have struck the algorithms – computer take over writ large!

And.... in an attempt to be as clear as the finest crystal:

Me:
"The idiot filled in all the unfinished quarters"

You:
"...he probably had no choice but to fill in the remaining quarters as zero.."

Me:
"...there is a game canceled option....if you put your name out there you should strive for a modicum of accuracy."

You:
"So when you were a Max Preps reporter, you saw an option to hit that the game was cancelled (sic)."

Me:
"One joins Max Preps in order to get the full features of the site. Once you do that you can go through all the options, including reporting if you want to. There are also options to correct bad information; but after reading the fake review of the game.... why bother."

In summary:
I read the game data and the recap, which is linked on the same page. No more, no less. Data in, fake recap out.

Last edited:
Not going to name kids but Fort Hill's fullback last year played basketball and football at Braddock. Left and went to FH after 8th grade. The fullback before him played 1 year at Braddock

Well, he wasn't going to start ahead of Robinette.

Reactions: camper21502
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT