ADVERTISEMENT

Alco vs Dunbar official thread

I guess im the only one on here that thinks Alco can play with Dunbar. I don't see a blowout in this one. I really like the Campers backfield with a nice combination of speed and power. I think this yrs team is overall faster than last yr. and that should help when you play a team like Dunbar.
Allegany 29 Dunbar 28
Alco will trail the Poets 28-21. The Campers will score late in the 4th and go for the win with a 2pt. conversion. Lets Go!!!

I like your attitude and hope you are right. If Alco is to win the game it will have to take on similar aspects of last year. Possibly, Dunbar will not have its passing game sharp yet. The 'big uglies' (as they say) on the Dunbar line hopefully will be sucking some wind in the 85% humidity.... heavy rain is expected early but will change to isolated.

Alco will have to be in top shape and strike hard early. They must get Dunbar to start thinking, "Not this shit again." The Campers must fight like a bunch of junkyard dogs.

Perhaps more than anything, Alco needs to get the attitude early on, "Hey, we can win this damn thing!"

Games like last year don't come around that often for the Campers anymore. This causes folks to think that lightning doesn't strike in the same place twice... but, in fact, it does.

The worst that can happen is you're wrong. I'm hanging with the majority, however, I don't give Alco any chance in this one. That's why they play it on the field.

Game was just called. Nobody wins they both go to 9 game schedule.

I wasn't following the game. How long did they play? Looks close. Of course all speculation, but looks like Alco already knows what it came to figure out and Dunbar isn't looking for a rematch.

Dunbar doesn't want any of Alco. I keep telling you Lag this Allegany team is much better than last year's team. Really I think it was going be a great game

Last edited:
Reactions: Lagmeister
Come to playoffs, Dunbar will play anybody from Western Maryland and licking their chops doing it because nobody’s giving them reason to worry otherwise In over 20 years

Reactions: cumbfanatic
It was stopped early in the 2nd qtr. The score should've been 8-7 Dunbar. The poets were up 8-0 with the ball when they threw a int but somehow the ref didn't see the pick. Then a couple plays later they score, miss the 2pt conversion. Alco gets the ball and scores on a long td run by Wingate to cut the lead 14-6. After the score came a rain delay before the Campers could attempt the extra point. 40mins later both coaches agreed to call the game and go to a 9 game schedule.

First time Allegany had the ball they had a 15 yard run up the middle, then about a 20 yard pass was dropped.

That’s football though. Happens to every team at one point or another. Stinks, but at least it isn’t going to count.

It was stopped early in the 2nd qtr. The score should've been 8-7 Dunbar. The poets were up 8-0 with the ball when they threw a int but somehow the ref didn't see the pick. Then a couple plays later they score, miss the 2pt conversion. Alco gets the ball and scores on a long td run by Wingate to cut the lead 14-6. After the score came a rain delay before the Campers could attempt the extra point. 40mins later both coaches agreed to call the game and go to a 9 game schedule.

Okay then. This Camper team can play. I think from reading Jailerman's page that Wingate can fly.

Let me say this...

As an 8th grader at BMS, Wingate set two records in two sprint events.

Many 8th graders in Allegany, Garrett, Hampshire and Mineral counties who ultimately became very good high school football players never ran the times Wingate did in the 8th grade.

The bottom line: He is fast!

Allegany looks the stronger of the two Cumberland teams thus far, no doubt about it.

What about Southern, though? Are they for real?

Alco shows that they are no push overs, but Dumbar was clearly a stronger team out there. There was no dropped 20 yarder; the defender battery the ball. The Poets were up 14-0 in the beginning of the 2nd. Alco got the ball as soon as it started to monsoon and Alco ran an belly for a 47 yard or so score. Am I saying that Dunbar would have definitely beat Alco...no. But, Dunbar clearly looked like the better them. At 14-6 it's anyone's game and chances are they may never see each other again.

Alco shows that they are no push overs, but Dumbar was clearly a stronger team out there. There was no dropped 20 yarder; the defender battery the ball. The Poets were up 14-0 in the beginning of the 2nd. Alco got the ball as soon as it started to monsoon and Alco ran an belly for a 47 yard or so score. Am I saying that Dunbar would have definitely beat Alco...no. But, Dunbar clearly looked like the better them. At 14-6 it's anyone's game and chances are they may never see each other again.

Alco is a young team. Dunbar, as expected, would have been stronger and expected to win. I gather you are suggesting that the monsoon, not the runner, scored for Alco. And... the pic by Alco that the refs missed (probably looking for Dunbar holding) was a figment of the imagination of Camper fandom. It's all good. You're a good supporter of Dunbar and represent yourself well when you post here.

Allegany looks the stronger of the two Cumberland teams thus far, no doubt about it.

OK, but that was said many times in September 2012 also.

Reactions: Argox66
You know that was a pick and it should've been 8-6 but yeah Dunbar is who we thought they were which is basically an All-Star team. It was going to be a good game like I predicted.

OK, but that was said many times in September 2012 also.
Im not going to say Alco looks like the stronger team after watching 1 1/2qtrs of football LOL...

I think ALCO is just gonna surprise some folks this season , definitely some tough kids with some talent , let’s see who can fill in the missing piecs , that’s what it’s all about in 1A

It looked like the kid was open and dropped the ball, I missed that. I think it was going to turn into a great game, but we won't know now. Wasn't Dunbar up by a couple scores when they played last year.

The kid didn't have control of the ball and trapped the ball. It wasn't a catch. Anyway..the game don't count. If they are legit..we will see them again.

Im not going to say Alco looks like the stronger team after watching 1 1/2qtrs of football LOL...
wise statement. if fh had reeled off 40 straight pts. and dunbar had done the same...it would be the same ole song from both sides...appel is a genius, allegany isn't on the same level...blahblahblah. it is a long season and we know nothing after a quarter. that doesn't mean we can't have some early opinions as armchair qb's.

Reactions: Argox66
I do believe Wingate’s TD went 70 yards, Meth, not 47.

Well yes, as Meth put it... a monsoon came up and Wingate somehow got a gimme touchdown... {snort, chuckle, wheeze}. In reality Monsoon Wingate was so fast he ran in between the raindrops, flashing through the field for a touchdown. (So there, I can also put my editorial spin on it.)

Reactions: camper21502
I agree, but you can't act like FH doesn't accept their share of out of area impact players. The top FH RB for the last four years came up playing youth football in Allegany territory. FH accepted a transfer from Boonsboro's starting QB a few years ago. Transfers from Florida, Hagerstown etc. Once again, this doesn't matter to me, and we can cherry-pick this stuff all day. I'm just saying when you lose a game to a better team don't make excuses.
Who was this top RB In the area the last 4 years at FH that played youth sports in ALCO school district? The top RB in the area last season didn’t even play for FH . LOL please share this knowledge with more detail.

Who was this top RB In the area the last 4 years at FH that played youth sports in ALCO school district? The top RB in the area last season didn’t even play for FH . LOL please share this knowledge with more detail.
Since I don't really follow youth football im also interested in who Boyz is referring to?

By the way.... who in the hell is Robert Moore, the Campers 'all-star' reporter for Max Preps? He tagged Allegany with a loss!! The idiot filled in all the unfinished quarters with zeros and indicated that the game had been played.

Check this bullshit Max Preps recap:
Allegany had to kick off their season with an away game, and unfortunately wound up with a long bus ride home. They took a 6-14 hit to the loss column at the hands of Dunbar. Allegany was given a dose of their own medicine in this game as Dunbar apparently hadn't forgotten their loss from the last time the teams met up.

Last edited:
By the way.... who in the hell is Robert M, the Campers 'all-star' reporter for Max Preps? He tagged Allegany with a loss!! The idiot filled in all the unfinished quarters with zeros and indicated that the game had been played.
Ahh another year, another lag vs max preps post lol

Reactions: Redwhite90
By the way.... who in the hell is Robert M, the Campers 'all-star' reporter for Max Preps? He tagged Allegany with a loss!! The idiot filled in all the unfinished quarters with zeros and indicated that the game had been played.
Well Lag, I don't know Robert M but I doubt if Max Preps gives "game delayed and then postponed due to weather and it may or may not be made up at a later date or may even be counted as a no-contest" option for him to hit on the site. If he had reported up until the point that the game was called, he probably had no choice but to fill in the remaining quarters as zero and then complete the game in order to close out his game. I'm sure once they finally decide what the outcome will be , it can be corrected with Max preps.

Well Lag, I don't know Robert M but I doubt if Max Preps gives "game delayed and then postponed due to weather and it may or may not be made up at a later date or may even be counted as a no-contest" option for him to hit on the site. If he had reported up until the point that the game was called, he probably had no choice but to fill in the remaining quarters as zero and then complete the game in order to close out his game. I'm sure once they finally decide what the outcome will be , it can be corrected with Max preps.

No, there is a game canceled option. There is also the obvious option of not writing a bullshit review as though the game were played. If you are writing a review you simply state the facts that both sides canceled the game and agreed it would not be played. Pretty simple stuff really.

Reactions: camper21502
Ahh another year, another lag vs max preps post lol

I cannot deny it. But, you know, I go there to get at least some scheduling information and standings. Some stuff you can't take serious... like they had the coach for Alco wrong for the most of last year as I remember. Besides, if you put your name out there you should strive for a modicum of accuracy.

Reactions: hbpass2
Well folks, I was at the game and will tell you straight up...I GOT SOAKED! So bad that nothing I wore was dry. In fact all the people on the bus we took to the game all looked like drowned rats.

The field surface is absolutely great. Just opened last Monday with "Astro Turf." However, the stands and dressing rooms were...hmmmm...lets just say, not very good.

Gents it rained so hard that the field was underwater clear up to the sidelines on both sides of the field. I was on Alco's sideline and the water was over my shoes. An umbrella was of no use...it rained that hard!

I haven't updated my site yet, but I am here to tell you, the Campers are for real as are the Poets. Dunbar dressed about 30 players and looked sharp in their Maroon uniforms. They have good size and (as usual) has several fast guys. Their running back is about 6' 4" and can run. The QB had some early jitters with 2 fumbled snaps. As we all knew, the Poets are big on the O line and block pretty well. Except for the few long runs, Allegany pretty much defensed them.

One thing that is for sure, the Campers are not push-overs as expected. Christian Welch is a horse. He had several good runs and one went for about 20 yards in the 1st. Welch is hard to bring down and has a great lean when he runs. Does that remind you of anybody from last season? Alco QB is a outstanding ball handler and can throw a good ball. The pass that everyone was talking about was slightly under thrown, but it was also good defense by the Poet player.

Wingate had several good runs as well. The trap up the middle was wide open and no body...I mean no body caught up to or had any chance of catching him.

Other than the downpour that I am sure nobody was liking, the only thing I saw that didn't get called was on Dunbar's first score and they went for two, the QB had to scramble and eventually found a man for the 2 point conversion, was that the Dunbar offensive line as they should was trying to block for the QB of course and at least 3 of them were in the end zone or down field blocking on a pass play. Should of been called, but it wasn't. So we move on, its part of the game.

The Poets will get better and so will the Campers...the future is bright for both teams in 2018.

No, there is a game canceled option. There is also the obvious option of not writing a bullshit review as though the game were played. If you are writing a review you simply state the facts that both sides canceled the game and agreed it would not be played. Pretty simple stuff really.[/QUOTE ?
So when you were a Max Preps reporter, you saw an option to hit that the game was cancelled

Last edited:
So when you were a Max Preps reporter, you saw an option to hit that the game was cancelled

Oh please. You can do better. One joins Max Preps in order to get the full features of the site. Once you do that you can go through all the options, including reporting if you want to. There are also options to correct bad information; but after reading the fake review of the game.... why bother. I just figured I post here what I found. More folks read this forum than a review of the Alco game on Max Preps.

Well folks, I was at the game and will tell you straight up...I GOT SOAKED! So bad that nothing I wore was dry. In fact all the people on the bus we took to the game all looked like drowned rats.

The field surface is absolutely great. Just opened last Monday with "Astro Turf." However, the stands and dressing rooms were...hmmmm...lets just say, not very good.

Gents it rained so hard that the field was underwater clear up to the sidelines on both sides of the field. I was on Alco's sideline and the water was over my shoes. An umbrella was of no use...it rained that hard!

I haven't updated my site yet, but I am here to tell you, the Campers are for real as are the Poets. Dunbar dressed about 30 players and looked sharp in their Maroon uniforms. They have good size and (as usual) has several fast guys. Their running back is about 6' 4" and can run. The QB had some early jitters with 2 fumbled snaps. As we all knew, the Poets are big on the O line and block pretty well. Except for the few long runs, Allegany pretty much defensed them.

One thing that is for sure, the Campers are not push-overs as expected. Christian Welch is a horse. He had several good runs and one went for about 20 yards in the 1st. Welch is hard to bring down and has a great lean when he runs. Does that remind you of anybody from last season? Alco QB is a outstanding ball handler and can throw a good ball. The pass that everyone was talking about was slightly under thrown, but it was also good defense by the Poet player.

Wingate had several good runs as well. The trap up the middle was wide open and no body...I mean no body caught up to or had any chance of catching him.

Other than the downpour that I am sure nobody was liking, the only thing I saw that didn't get called was on Dunbar's first score and they went for two, the QB had to scramble and eventually found a man for the 2 point conversion, was that the Dunbar offensive line as they should was trying to block for the QB of course and at least 3 of them were in the end zone or down field blocking on a pass play. Should of been called, but it wasn't. So we move on, its part of the game.

The Poets will get better and so will the Campers...the future is bright for both teams in 2018.

I know I am repeating myself.... but I really like your stuff. Please continue.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT