ADVERTISEMENT

Alco sweeps Little Homecoming I

BrianH1974

Blue Chip Poster
May 2, 2005
Freshmen game was a good one. The FH JV team is embarrassingly bad. Future doesn't look good at all on the Hill. Better get what they can the next 2 years. Very little speed, skill and talent coming up. How these kids went 3 years never losing g a youth league game is beyond me. Area football must really be sinking.

Homecoming???? Even for little Homecoming you're about 9 weeks early, but it;s nice to see some chatter from the blue side for a change anyway.

It's 1A ball. What happens when 4 of your best players get injured? You're in big trouble, that's what. FH has 4 sophomores on the varsity, 3 of them are fulltime starters the other plays almost half the time on both sides of the ball. What's left for the JV level is the same thing any 1A team will have when the 4 best players are out. Let's play Martinsburg!

Good teams at this level are always just a couple of injuries away from struggling. We saw it last year in the first four varsity games for FH and that was with only 2 starters missing. Quality depth is extremely slim for any of the area teams.

Reactions: Waggle Pass
Brian H, you don't have a clue! The future does look bright for FH. JV team will be fine. Did you consider the 4 sophomores who were moved up to varsity? 3 of which are starters. Just wait and see. As long as they stay healthy, the next couple of years will be great seasons for FH.

The future isn't bright for either school. I contend some folks are drunk on 1A success and will continue the party as long as Brown (160 yds on 4 carries... right?) stays healthy in the backfield. Will the platooning of all the beef by Sherando generate an epiphany of school size? I doubt it. At any rate, all the arguments will not change the reality coming.

Great points. What is going to be said after Alco varsity beats red Ty Johnson isn't on our team he moved on to MD or will you all disappear

You mean disappear like Alco fans when the program bottoms out? Lag is the only one with the passion to stick it out here. But when the day comes that Alco beats FH, which at some point before consolidation occurs has to happen, Alco fans who have abandoned ship here will log back in to post. That how they roll.

Reactions: Waggle Pass
Let's not lose sight that Allegany JV and freshman won the game. I understand FH has 4 kids on varsity, Alco does have 2 as well although 1 is a kicker. The big thing for the freshman winning is probably for 14-15 years in a row now the Patriots have beat the Warriors at the division 1 level. The scores are not even close so I'm sure it is a big deal for the Allegany freshman squad to feel really good about themselves when this happens.

Great point! Current head coach of patriots has never lost to Braddock. If I were coach Appel I wouldn't be very happy with either teams performance.

Reply not meant to take anything from the kids. More about the state of 1A football.

Southern plays both the Fort Hill freshmen & Allegany freshmen this year. Hopefully in the next couple years, we will return to both of their varsity schedules. Heard the Schirey boy played well for Alco (sorry for the last name spelling if not right).

Homecoming???? Even for little Homecoming you're about 9 weeks early, but it;s nice to see some chatter from the blue side for a change anyway.
This is what I was saying last yr. when FH ppl on here thought the 1st game of the yr. was Little Homecoming...

You mean disappear like Alco fans when the program bottoms out? Lag is the only one with the passion to stick it out here. But when the day comes that Alco beats FH, which at some point before consolidation occurs has to happen, Alco fans who have abandoned ship here will log back in to post. That how they roll.

Theres more than enough of us on here just alot of the blue doesnt comment and brag about every little thing...

Or do we say our BACK UP QB is the best QB in the area lol as someone did in another thread after Lag stated Imes is showing he is one of best in area.

Or do we say our BACK UP QB is the best QB in the area lol as someone did in another thread after Lag stated Imes is showing he is one of best in area.

I have read stuff like that for so long all I do now is chuckle. Last year Kirk Robinette got some good press as one of the top 10 linebackers in the state. Some of the FH faithful posted that Kirk was not in the top 100 and would not even start on the FH team. I could go on and on about other issues. But... I'm watching some football.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT