ADVERTISEMENT

Alco/FH

Plain and simple…if I am the coach, I play the best players on the team, regardless of grade level, time in the school, etc.

To hear some of this fear that my son might get bumped by a better player during his senior year is just crazy, and it exemplifies this area’s mentality.

In reality, it can be a life lesson. 99% of the time, there will always be a better person in a chosen profession.

One last note…if this kind of sniping is happening, it explains much about team dynamics.

Mikey is the best player FH has had in a very long time. Take Mikey out of the picture FH is an above average 1A team

Any news on Palmisano injury. Somewhat replaceable on offense, but huge loss for defense if he is unable to play 2 weeks from now.

Reactions: Dwj21
This year is far from over. Almost every player on the field for Allegany will be back next year except Bratton. The fastest player on the team who didn’t play Saturday Brody Williams will be back along with Zac Michaels he tore his ACL before the season started as a Sophomore Zac was on the area defensive team. He will also be huge on the offense side. Next year should def be Alcos year. Then it will probably go down hill again lol

Reactions: ravemwp
This year is far from over. Almost every player on the field for Allegany will be back next year except Bratton. The fastest player on the team who didn’t play Saturday Brody Williams will be back along with Zac Michaels he tore his ACL before the season started as a Sophomore Zac was on the area defensive team. He will also be huge on the offense side. Next year should def be Alcos year. Then it will probably go down hill again lol
FH has a lot of underclassmen contributing to this years success, and have you seen their JV team play. They have a couple of special players down there. Next year could just be another year of RED RELOAD. The Ross kid is new, and still learning the FH system. He is a beast. The last game and a half I saw them play he touched the ball 9 times, and scored 7 touchdowns in various ways. Including 4 against Alco. Nice sized kid who can flat out fly.

Last edited:
FH has a lot of underclassmen contributing to this years success, and have you seen their JV team play. They have a couple of special players down there. Next year could just be another year of RED RELOAD. The Ross kid is new, and still learning the FH system. He is a beast. The last game and a half I saw them play he touched the ball 9 times, and scored 7 touchdowns in various ways. Including 4 against Alco. Nice sized kid who can flat out fly.
Exactly! FH is gonna be pretty good next year. Both tackles and a guard back with Metz, Daniels, and Spencer plus the kids coming up from the JV team. FH gonna be nice!

I said that at the beginning of the year when Allen came over. You have kids in the program for 3 years giving 100 percent and are told you will get your chance. This kid just waltzes in after not even playing football for years and takes over. What are the players suppose to think? Some FH coach or coaches should have spoken up. This kid is nothing special. The Clay twins were twice the player he is.

"What are the players suppose to think?"

They should think: "Wow - life's not fair. Maybe I should work harder, find ways to get better, make sure I understand how I can earn snaps and get on the field, commit to special teams, always be ready to start, be prepared for injuries and anything else that can impact who's available, etc."

And if they don't think that, which is obviously hard to do at that age, then they should also not think about playing in college.

Apparently Bratton sustained an possible knee injury before halftime against Clear Spring. Hope he’s gonna be ok. A great athlete.

• Sad
Reactions: Jailerman
My heart just sunk and my stomach turned as Alco just carried senior Cayden Bratton off the field with a knee injury. About a minute left in the 2nd qtr and Alco driving up 28-7 he took off out of shot gun and got bent back on the tackle. If Alco had no luck with injuries this year they would have no luck at all. Air left the stadium. Damn.

QB Brodie Williams not playing today. Not sure of his status next week. Dae Dae Smith in at QB.

Never want to see a student athlete get injured, especially his senior year. On the positive side, this # 10 sure is having himself a day.

Bratton up walking around a bit gingerly, but seems to be putting a little pressure on it. Good sign for the kid.

Reactions: Tony54
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT