ADVERTISEMENT

ALCO basketball

I seriously dont think they will. FH has absolutely no big men. Allegany should be able to dominate from start to finish. This game could be worse than 3 years ago when Allegany won by 50 or so and scored over 100.

Allegany is not quite as strong as they were over the past several years. But FH is having a very down year. It wont be very close at all.

What's kind of interesting (and yes I realize kids grow and change, as does coaching) - this Alco senior class and Fort Hill senior class used to be very competitive until the last few years. Several major reasons why they are so far apart now - 1) most of the kids who played for FH out of this senior class over the years decided not to play anymore, 2) coaching (I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure that Coach Shook may have either beaten, or stayed close to, this Alco senior class with his FH underclassmen - although, years ago), and 3) probably the biggest difference is just sheer size advantage.

While the bulk of this Alco team has stayed together since middle school - without looking at the roster, Ethan York may be the only senior for FH still playing from the old days.

Reactions: wing_left
his Alco senior class and Fort Hill senior class used to be very competitive until the last few years..

hmmm sounds like baseball

Alco will name the score against FH once again this year. The Bratton kid that plays for Alco JV would be the best player on the current FH varsity team.

hmmm sounds like baseball

Alco will name the score against FH once again this year. The Bratton kid that plays for Alco JV would be the best player on the current FH varsity team.
Brode would be a good coach at fort hill if he would get rid of the "little league,freinds and family suck up clowns" and get some real coaches. Jeff comes from a baseball family but is letting the cumberland steel make an ass out of him....

Reactions: towpath94
Im thinking McKinney would be the man for baseball . He won't put up with all the bull he would put best 9 starting , I also was told 2 or 3 more sophomore kids not playing add that to the list of the kids that already walk away from baseball last year.. Sad that they pissed away a State championship baseball team. That 10th grade class is loaded with the most talent I've seen , people think there good at football ? My opinion there even better at baseball. Very sad

Im thinking McKinney would be the man for baseball . He won't put up with all the bull he would put best 9 starting , I also was told 2 or 3 more sophomore kids not playing add that to the list of the kids that already walk away from baseball last year.. Sad that they pissed away a State championship baseball team. That 10th grade class is loaded with the most talent I've seen , people think there good at football ? My opinion there even better at baseball. Very sad
bottom line need a change.

Bring Back Bobby Cavanaugh, he would right the ship.
there have been several successful coaches, harris, hobel just to name a couple...but if nobody cares about the biggest school in the area stinkin' up the place year after year then what would entice somebody with any credentials to want the job?

Bobby cavanaugh was the best baseball coach this area ever seen. He even started a pee wee league to work on fundamentals with little kids. If Jeff Brode was smart he'd get rid of the so called coaching staff and ask Kyle Martz to coach. There's better baseball players walking the halls of FH that won't play because of the so called coaches that think their kids are superstars and are going places! One out of 900,000 high school baseball players go on to start in college! So get real !!

Reactions: real world
the sad thing unlike the basketball team is there is tons of baseball talent at FH. The deplorable coaching staff and their games they want to play have ruined the program they should have. Anyone that has a say in the program and allows it to continue to happen is just as much to blame as the little league parents that try to coach.

Last edited:
Reactions: real world
Who does hire the non teacher coaches? Are they under any contract? Can the fclub help? They need to go.

Also add the name of Jim Bosley from SHS as one of the best this area has ever seen. He won 10 area championships, finished in the top 3 of the area 17 out of 19 years that they chose area baseball champs. Over all record of 386 wins and 116 loses, winning % of over 77%. Pretty good stats based on the spring weather in Garrett County. One quick question, are the FH football kids choosing not play baseball because of football, based on some opinions here, the coaching that is taking place at baseball?

Chill out. You made a mistake. Its okay.
biggest is not defined only as most numerous, worry about your own posts and quit worrying about critiquing words that you don't understand have other meanings than the one you interpreted it as.

biggest is not defined only as most numerous, worry about your own posts and quit worrying about critiquing words that you don't understand have other meanings than the one you interpreted it as.

How is it possible to misinterpret "the biggest school in the area" as anything other than what it is. Mountain Ridge is "the biggest school in the area". It is the largest in size and the largest in enrollment.

What else does biggest mean?

How is it possible to misinterpret "the biggest school in the area" as anything other than what it is. Mountain Ridge is "the biggest school in the area". It is the largest in size and the largest in enrollment.

What else does biggest mean?
now you are coming off as defending your interpretation and telling me my intent is wrong.if you had asked that the first time instead of assuming and being a smartass i'd have told you. as we were discussing fh basketball and I listed two former fh coaches it was clear my position was the fh job is the biggest job, my opinion. just be honest, you knew exactly what I meant but needed to get a dig in at somebody to make yourself feel superior in someway...feel better?

Sorry, it still doesnt make sense. Move on.
sorry you seem to be caught up on the word biggest, perhaps you are just overcompensating for something that is the smallest? how bout you move on, to some sort of therapy for needing to tell others what they think or mean by their post...you did the same thing on a different thread about stats. get over yourself

sorry you seem to be caught up on the word biggest, perhaps you are just overcompensating for something that is the smallest? how bout you move on, to some sort of therapy for needing to tell others what they think or mean by their post...you did the same thing on a different thread about stats. get over yourself

www.thesaurus.com

For future reference.

www.thesaurus.com

For future reference.
for future reference, dictionaryreference.com....
by the way, is this you moving on? my bad, you are just the bully barking those orders right? when you aren't trying, and I mean trying, to belittle somebody else by interpreting posts in the wrong way, and you aren't telling people what to do, do you have any other amazing personality traits you'd like to share with us?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT