ADVERTISEMENT

Oct 19, 2016
Did it really take that long for emergency response /ambulance to get on the scene for that young man,injured on the field? Minutes are crucial let alone a half hour give or take. What a disappointment!Shouldn't safety come first and foremost? An ambulance should always be at the games. The ticket revenue that these games bring in, should alone be more than enough to provide that service. Someone dropped the ball tonight and needs to be held accountable!!! Prayers going out to the boy and his family!

Reactions: sentinel-nurse
Complain to the city admin. City fire dept. way under staffed.
they arrived within 11 minutes of being dispatched.
The schools should have an Ambulance at the games but do not want to pay the fees to do so.
A school that charges $5 and gets no less than 4,000 people each week can surely pay for this.

According to the Red Huddle on Facebook, the injured player for FH was home. Hope he's not injured to badly, and can come back and play!

I agree, and never understood why player safety does not come first above $$, but that's the world we live in like it or not... In 1991 I witnessed at a JV game in Northern VA (the wealthiest per capita in the U.S.) a young man who suffered a broken neck. The child laid motionless on the field for 20+ min waiting for an ambulance (rescue squad was down the street). I asked the same question being asked here, and the same response was given $$. IMO, this is a lame excuse. Why couldn't it be standard practice to have an ambulance at the games, instead of the VFD being at the station? Should there be an emergency in the community (outside of the stadium) that another VFD could not respond they would leave. I would think that would be the norm...

the play in which the injury occurs is at the 57:45 mark on the commercial video telecast

thankfully reading this morning that he is doing good and was all smiles and joking walking out of the hospital

Reactions: sentinel-nurse
More importantly, why are FHs helmets coming off so easily? On the radio, they were saying they spoke to FH's JV coach who claimed it was a new type of chin strap. Not cool - obviously, a poor design! Replace these crappy chinstraps before someone gets seriously injured!

Now!

Reactions: GenSneaky
More importantly, why are FHs helmets coming off so easily? On the radio, they were saying they spoke to FH's JV coach who claimed it was a new type of chin strap. Not cool - obviously, a poor design! Replace these crappy chinstraps before someone gets seriously injured!

Now!

Exactly what I was getting ready to say. Helmets have been coming off all season. Smith's helmet came off 3 or 4 times in homecoming, and i could easily see him try to keep running with his helmet off. I wanted to say something about it last week, but it's obvious something needs to be done

These new chin straps due to budget cuts or what?

they arrived within 11 minutes of being dispatched.
The schools should have an Ambulance at the games but do not want to pay the fees to do so.
A school that charges $5 and gets no less than 4,000 people each week can surely pay for this.
I remember when McDonalds ambulance volunteered there time every game at the stadium. Never asked for a donation or penny. Pretty sad when u cant set a city ambulance at the gate for an hour 1/2. But u see a city ambulance parked at dairy queen at lunch time monday thru friday for an hour

I remember when McDonalds ambulance volunteered there time every game at the stadium. Never asked for a donation or penny. Pretty sad when u cant set a city ambulance at the gate for an hour 1/2. But u see a city ambulance parked at dairy queen at lunch time monday thru friday for an hour
And on a 2nd note, pretty sad when u go to a frankfort game and u see 2-3 volunteer ambulances. Im pretty sure if you would call around to a volunteer company even the lavale area, they would probally agree to help out.

The Worst Part to me is The City on paid time has been down on Industrial blvd and VA Ave with Fire Trucks in the middle of traffic collecting money in uniform and with The Trucks. Also last year at my sons pee wee game out at The Saints field out of the City a Cumberland City Police car was there and then at the field an officer in uniform and walking around like he was in charge when he has ZERO Jurisdiction. It's crazy to me the money that the City does waste, I'm sorry you should not be getting paid by taxpayers to watch your kid play sports.

The Worst Part to me is The City on paid time has been down on Industrial blvd and VA Ave with Fire Trucks in the middle of traffic collecting money in uniform and with The Trucks. Also last year at my sons pee wee game out at The Saints field out of the City a Cumberland City Police car was there and then at the field an officer in uniform and walking around like he was in charge when he has ZERO Jurisdiction. It's crazy to me the money that the City does waste, I'm sorry you should not be getting paid by taxpayers to watch your kid play sports.

I haven't been there for a while, but there used to be 3 or 4 of them outside of My Place every Friday and Saturday night. City cops trying to police in an entire other state. They could literally do nothing to you.

And don't pull the understaffed story. The fire and police department have more people now than they did at any time in the past, when there were many more people living here.

Reactions: forthill#1
If "who's ever in charge" would assign 4-5 city police officers to patrol the stadium during sports events what's the difference with several EMT's being assigned? Still city employee's. Still able to respond to calls throughout city, just like the officers. By the way, thank you all for your dedication in time and service to our community! Blue Lives Matter! along with Medical Response!

If "who's ever in charge" would assign 4-5 city police officers to patrol the stadium during sports events what's the difference with several EMT's being assigned? Still city employee's. Still able to respond to calls throughout city, just like the officers. By the way, thank you all for your dedication in time and service to our community! Blue Lives Matter! along with Medical Response!
The School has to pay for the officers at the game as well.

I haven't been there for a while, but there used to be 3 or 4 of them outside of My Place every Friday and Saturday night. City cops trying to police in an entire other state. They could literally do nothing to you.

And don't pull the understaffed story. The fire and police department have more people now than they did at any time in the past, when there were many more people living here.

Police maybe but the fire department most definitely dose not.

Reactions: Doc1970
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT