ADVERTISEMENT

21 -20 X 3

With all due respect, penalties are part of the game.

In all honesty, there were a few times I thought I was watching an international soccer match. A player goes down with an injury, his teammates on the field congregate just off the sideline as their teammate is attended to on the field - they were like extra timeouts. Two plays later, player injured two plays prior re-enters the match...uh, I mean game.

Bottom line: Allegany had a very good game plan, but came up a bit short. FH had some uncharacteristic turnovers - credit Allegany.

With all due respect, penalties are part of the game.

In all honesty, there were a few times I thought I was watching an international soccer match. A player goes down with an injury, his teammates on the field congregate just off the sideline as their teammate is attended to on the field - they were like extra timeouts. Two plays later, player injured two plays prior re-enters the match...uh, I mean game.

Bottom line: Allegany had a very good game plan, but came up a bit short. FH had some uncharacteristic turnovers - credit Allegany.
Turnovers are part of the game too.

Alco played Cumberland football tonight, and had never allowed themselves to be haunted by what happened 13 days ago... kudos to the Alco kids and coaches

Reactions: 5punisher3
The 2 million dollar questions.

Do you go for 2?

Why isn't Robinette getting the ball on that decision?

FH very lucky. Great coaching Allegany. Just a little short. Proud of Alco tonight.
One huge mistake, the 2 pt conversion. Normally I'd say great call, I admire it, respect it, it takes guts...but in this situation you have all the momentum, fh looks tired, they look beat. Kick the extra pt, tie it. fh will run three plays up the middle, you stop them, and get the ball back and drive it for the winning td. worst case scenario you go to ot and you still have the momentum.

The 2 million dollar questions.

Do you go for 2?

Why isn't Robinette getting the ball on that decision?
Yeah, Allegany doesn't stop Fort Hill on a short field in overtime. I trust the offense over the defense. The rule of thumb is the underdog goes for the win in those situations.

Reactions: camper21502
Alco ran a multitude of different sets: standard wing-t, double wing, unbalanced line in a wing-t set, wildcat with their fb, I-formation, trips, standard shotgun spread, shotgun with split backs. They pulled out allnstops. They ran to the weak side on unbalanced after FH shifted left on multiple plays for good yardage.

FH’s turnovers were huge.

I see it both ways on the 2pt decision. If Alco scores, it breaks FH spirit. But if Alco kicks PAT and kickoffs deep with the momentum they may have been able to stop FH just one more time. I did not know that #4 did not get that last carry. My sight was was bad tonight. Maybe Alco thought that FH would key everyone on #4. Alco coaches coached their butt off and Alco looked completely different on both sides of the ball. Maybe they out thought themselves on the 2pt play.

if I go down on a 2 point conversion to win or lose a game you have to stop my best player. I wonder if that's why Hansel was running on the field to call a timeout? Probably never know.

Saying it again...It is so hard to beat a good team twice, especially in a one or two week span. One of the most amazing aspects of this FH dynasty run has been the fact they have done it to their crosstown rival 3 years in a row. And all 3 of those Alco teams were very good.

I agree with Rock Cioni...Allegany football is in great shape. They just hit a juggernaut 1A program at their peak. Alco may still be the next best team in 1A again. We won't know for another week or two I guess.

But I have to say one more thing again...if I am going for two points to win at the end of the game I am giving the ball to the top scorer in nearly 100 years of Alco football.

For what Karson accomplished this year ,the heart and desire to win and put this ALCO team on his back . Hands down POY. I congratulate him and wish him the best in the future. Why he didn’t get the call on the 2 point try is mind blowing to say the least. I’m just saying he got you to this point and you don’t call his number? SMH on that one

Watch the play, #4 blows a wide open lead block. #25 cuts in early and runs right into the meat of the FH line. The play was designed perfectly..and executed nearly perfectly. Follow #4, and he could've moonwalked in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT