ADVERTISEMENT

2016 Football Regions - Class A

beall02

Franchise Poster
Jun 2, 2006
For some, including me, the long wait is finally over. The MPSSAA officially released the 2016 Football Regions this afternoon. Below will be the link to the bulletin and the regions for 1A:

1A West: Allegany, Fort Hill, Brunswick, Northern, Southern, Boonsboro, Clear Spring, Hancock, Smithsburg

1A North: Pikesville, McDonough, Havre De Grace, Joppatowne, Patterson Mill, Fairmont Heights, Surrattsville

1A South: Benjamin Franklin, Bluefield Drew Jemison, Edmondson, FAET, National Academy, New Era Academy, Reginald Lewis, Southwestern, SEED School

1A East: Bohemia Manor, Perryville, Colonial Richardson, Cambridge SD, Kent County, Washington, Snow Hill

183 member schools now. 32 in A, 51 each in AA, AAA, and 49 in AAAA.

http://www.mpssaa.org/assets/1/6/FB_Bulletin_16_Final.pdf

Last edited:
I'm going to do my way to early prediction.

I'm seeing FH playing a Eastern MD team in the title game this year, either Cambridge-SD or Kent County, unless they meet in the Semis. Cambridge has been close the last couple years and with Doug-Balt still in 3A and Havre De Grace losing A lot, I see them making it

# of football teams in each class:
4A - 49 teams
3A - 51 teams
2A - 51 teams
1A - 32 teams

I think they should adopt the new proposal for 2017 and divide each class up by sport. Can't just do it for football though.

Reactions: beall02
# of football teams in each class:
4A - 49 teams
3A - 51 teams
2A - 51 teams
1A - 32 teams

I think they should adopt the new proposal for 2017 and divide each class up by sport. Can't just do it for football though.

I would 100% agree with you there. Question is are they willing to do that for every sport? I know that they kept MR in 1A for girls soccer again this year. So it seems they are willing to do it for some sports.

That's almost as bad as WV having:

29 AAA - biggest 933 and up
44 AA - middle 460-932
44 A - smallest for football 0-459
54 A - total for all sports 0-459

Reactions: beall02
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT