ADVERTISEMENT

You better watch out, you better not cry

BrianH1974

Blue Chip Poster
May 2, 2005
Kent County is coming to town. Beat Cambridge tonight.

Havre de Grace vs. Edmondson in other semifinal.

Completely agree... a 5-5 team in the finals... well they're gonna see something they'll remember the rest of their lives

Reactions: camper21502
Completely agree... a 5-5 team in the finals... well they're gonna see something they'll remember the rest of their lives
Is what it is, never seen a more dominate team all around in FH has this year, these boys are sometthing special

Haven't been around long have ya?
Run of the mill team compared to 20 years ago.

This FH senior class has been part of a 52-1 record. And about to do something that's only been done once in the history of Maryland football with a 4th ring. Yep pretty run of the mill stuff.

This FH senior class has been part of a 52-1 record. And about to do something that's only been done once in the history of Maryland football with a 4th ring. Yep pretty run of the mill stuff.
Pretty good team but not top 10 good... In fact there has been Alco and FH teams that havent won a State Title that were better...

This yrs. senior class had nothing to do with alot of those wins but it is impressive they kept it going. I dont think they are anywhere near as good as the Ty Johnson teams but they are a good team and should easily deliver #4...

Pretty good? Cmon man. Wait a few days before posting after a loss. Maybe there have been better teams even in the 1950s. Just can't make those comparisons especilly considering school size differences. But the numbers being put up now are 2nd to none. Nobody. Ziltch.

Reactions: SS610
This FH senior class has played the easiest schedule of any Fort Hill teams ever. EVER! Not even up for debate.
Yeah, 1A is 2A. Because Fort Hill had this success at 2A right.
Bwaaaaahahahahaha haha!
Look at you reach.

Last edited:
Pretty good? Cmon man. Wait a few days before posting after a loss. Maybe there have been better teams even in the 1950s. Just can't make those comparisons especilly considering school size differences. But the numbers being put up now are 2nd to none. Nobody. Ziltch.
The teams being played now are zilch. You can't compare anyone on the schedule to a CVAL team. Can't even come close.
Sure, if you are insane you could that Silver Oak is the same as playing Martinsburg, but then we'd all just laugh at your ignorance.
I'm just about to that anyways.

Whatever onering. You still got ur jersey from then.
Horribly weak comeback. You weren't lying about the WVU part. I guess if it happened before you remember, it didn't happen.
Still trying to steal a jock strap from one of these teenagers?

Last edited:
Reactions: CumberlandHSFB
And Alco sucking hasn't helped the schedule either. Maybe if they could at least beat FH one time. But yea Alco is a drain on the FH schedule as well these days. FH should just move up to 2A. It's boring winning titles in a lower class.

If you can't beat FH, cry about them being a 1A school.

If someone beat me 10 times in a row at anything I would probably cry too. Saying FH plays ziltch doesn't say much for Alco program though. Does it? I mean are you saying Alco is ziltch? I can buy that. Sad.

Last edited:
And Alco sucking hasn't helped the schedule either. Maybe if they could at least beat FH one time. But yea Alco is a drain on the FH schedule as well these days. FH should just move up to 2A. It's boring winning titles in a lower class.

If you can't beat FH, cry about them being a 1A school.

If someone beat me 10 times in a row at anything I would probably cry too. Saying FH plays ziltch doesn't say much for Alco program though. Does it? I mean are you saying Alco is ziltch? I can buy that. Sad.
Who mentioned anything about Allegany? How much Allegany approval do you need to validate yourself when you have to compare everything you them? So obsessed. So touchy. Bleeding from your ... wherever, are you?
Yeah, 10% of the schedule is responsible for the other 90%. Good call on that one. Is that what you teach your kids?
If you can't win at 3A and 2A, act like 1A is better than both. At least you can say you basically whiffed your way down the MPSSAA classification ladder.
And how could you really think they play a tough schedule when all you do is talk about how bad the best team on it is?
Why win at FBS when you can win at junior college level? SMH.

Reactions: Lagmeister
No one in 1A can hang with FH the last 4 years. What's your point? That's the class FH enrollment places them. Blah, blah the schedule this the schedule that. FH should just move up in class so they don't win 52 games and 4 straight titles. I get it.

Here's a tissue. Go dry the "we're not good enough" tears already. If you can't beat them, cry that some 4A school should. You're the clown that said FH schedule played ziltch. I agreed and Alco is one of them.

I hope FH beats a 5-5 team then goes on to play a 4-6 team for the State Championship. Maybe then the MPSSAA will look into changing things but I seriously doubt it.

No one in 1A can hang with FH the last 4 years. What's your point? That's the class FH enrollment places them. Blah, blah the schedule this the schedule that. FH should just move up in class so they don't win 52 games and 4 straight titles. I get it.

Here's a tissue. Go dry the "we're not good enough" tears already. If you can't beat them, cry that some 4A school should. You're the clown that said FH schedule played ziltch. I agreed and Alco is one of them.
Settle down Corky. No reason to get all spazzy.
How many other moot points are you going to bring up? who said anything about changing classifications for something other than enrollment? That would be you. Do you have that little support for your argument, that you just have to keep changing the subject?
1A is not 2A or 3A, not even close. You can pretend that Capitol Christian compares to teams from schedules in the past, or you can just play the 'but what about Allegany?' card, but both are pathetic.
You brought up Allegany's schedule this year when I was talking about Fort Hill schedules from the past because you aren't sharp enough to keep pace. Funny, though, for a team you think is awful, all you ever do is compare FH to Allegany.
But keep putting your fingers in your ears and saying Lalalalalala! 1A is better than 3A or 2A! Lalalalalalala! I can't hear you! it's very entertaining.
And I just got you to admit that you think beating a nothing schedule means they are the best ever. Think about that. I made you do that.
Keep getting more and more desperate, and I'll continue to make you look foolish.

I have no idea what you are trying to say.

Now sit back, relax, eat some turkey and watch FH win 4 in a row. Lalalalalalala!

Gosh Jolley Gee I love this time of year. Go Big Red! Keep on rollin.

"onering", hope you're bashing the system not the young men, I don't make a whole lot of comments on this screen but I do personally know a lot of these young men that belong to Fort Hill and just like Alco they dedicate so much time and effort to this sport as well as their education[not all, most] when I see comments that can be taken several ways I feel it's part of my responsibility to respond. In "my opinion" yeah this is one of the best teams, regardless of schedule, no matter how you look at it, 52-1 aint to shabby, what sucks is this playoff setup[surprise surprise], how many times do we need to see the state championship game played 2 weeks after homecoming? In reality Alco's season shouldn't be over, but it is what it is, but let's not bash the boys who's putting in 365days. "back in the day" we did not put in half the time they do today. I don't care what anybody says, if they say they did they're lying through their teeth! Not gonna thump my chest and make statement about 1a 2a 3a, doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if you have several thousand boys to pick from you'd better have a decent team. Could todays FH and ALCO teams compete with the CVAL of yesteryear? In my opinion? Absolutely, Of course like I said "in my opinion". With all that said I'm closing with this, in today's world these young men could be doing so much other stuff that's not positive, as adults let's do our best to support them and encourage sound decisions. God Bless You's! Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving!

More and more if you ask the guys that played "back in the day," and it doesn't really matter what era, they will admit that these kids these days, at Fort Hill at least, are bigger, faster and stronger OVERALL. Most say as the Punisher has just said that it was NEVER a 365 day total commitment back then like it is now.

Reactions: sentinel-nurse
More and more if you ask the guys that played "back in the day," and it doesn't really matter what era, they will admit that these kids these days, at Fort Hill at least, are bigger, faster and stronger OVERALL. Most say as the Punisher has just said that it was NEVER a 365 day total commitment back then like it is now.
does that go for Steve Trimble and Lyle Peck? Is there anybody on this fh d that could stop them? Has FH had one qb that was anywhere close to Mark Manges or Greg Hare?
I've seen them all, you can't convince me that a blanket statement like OVERALL is fair at all.

Lynn Bechtol (Spelling?). He was a Fort Hill grad who led Maryland to it's only National Championship.

I don't literally mean that there isn't a single "great" athlete like Trimble or Manges that isn't better than the modern guys, but simply that en masse, top to bottom, the new guys are bigger, faster stronger. As a group, as a whole, period, is what I am saying. I mean it is hard to say the new guys are "better," there is no way of knowing that, but as a whole, they are bigger, faster, and stronger and these kids and coaches live Fort Hill Football 24-7-365.

"onering", hope you're bashing the system not the young men, I don't make a whole lot of comments on this screen but I do personally know a lot of these young men that belong to Fort Hill and just like Alco they dedicate so much time and effort to this sport as well as their education[not all, most] when I see comments that can be taken several ways I feel it's part of my responsibility to respond. In "my opinion" yeah this is one of the best teams, regardless of schedule, no matter how you look at it, 52-1 aint to shabby, what sucks is this playoff setup[surprise surprise], how many times do we need to see the state championship game played 2 weeks after homecoming? In reality Alco's season shouldn't be over, but it is what it is, but let's not bash the boys who's putting in 365days. "back in the day" we did not put in half the time they do today. I don't care what anybody says, if they say they did they're lying through their teeth! Not gonna thump my chest and make statement about 1a 2a 3a, doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if you have several thousand boys to pick from you'd better have a decent team. Could todays FH and ALCO teams compete with the CVAL of yesteryear? In my opinion? Absolutely, Of course like I said "in my opinion". With all that said I'm closing with this, in today's world these young men could be doing so much other stuff that's not positive, as adults let's do our best to support them and encourage sound decisions. God Bless You's! Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving!
Thank you-- to bad the rest on here don't get it like u do!

Who mentioned anything about Allegany? How much Allegany approval do you need to validate yourself when you have to compare everything you them? So obsessed. So touchy. Bleeding from your ... wherever, are you?
Yeah, 10% of the schedule is responsible for the other 90%. Good call on that one. Is that what you teach your kids?
If you can't win at 3A and 2A, act like 1A is better than both. At least you can say you basically whiffed your way down the MPSSAA classification ladder.
And how could you really think they play a tough schedule when all you do is talk about how bad the best team on it is?
Why win at FBS when you can win at junior college level? SMH.

I never thought I would give you a 'like' - but there you are.

"At least you can say you basically whiffed your way down the MPSSAA classification ladder."

Well put "lettuce", maybe if a team had 11 Trimble's or 11 Peck's, then it would be pretty hard to make a fair comparison. That's not the way it is though. Let's compare the last 10 super bowl champs to the 1970?Miami Dolphins or The Steel Curtain of the Late 80's, what we're saying, there's two sides to every coin. Just saying...

I don't literally mean that there isn't a single "great" athlete like Trimble or Manges that isn't better than the modern guys, but simply that en masse, top to bottom, the new guys are bigger, faster stronger. As a group, as a whole, period, is what I am saying. I mean it is hard to say the new guys are "better," there is no way of knowing that, but as a whole, they are bigger, faster, and stronger and these kids and coaches live Fort Hill Football 24-7-365.
I wasn't saying they were the only guys who were better, they wouldn't have had the success without the big guys up front. I am saying as a whole, as a team, there have been many Fort Hill teams that could stack up with this group easily. It's only my opinion, but I have seen that 1975 team play every game, including their championship, and I've seen this FH team play 12 games, I'm taking the 1975 team., the old FH teams were playing the Martinsburg's and the Gaithersburg's every year, if they smaller, slower, weaker, they would not have competed with those teams, and beat them.
Lastly, the argument that todays athletes are just more advanced so to speak basically dismisses Wilt Chamberlain, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, Michael Jordan, Hank Aaron, Willie Mays, Ted Williams, Reggie Jackson, Joe Montana, OJ, Franco Harris, Bart Starr, John Riggins, Mean Joe Greene, Emmitt Smith, John Elway, Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer, Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemeiux, and all the great ones I've forgotten...they would be stars in any era...let's just compare fh to all the 1a teams right now and enjoy the moment.

Last edited:
I wasn't saying they were the only guys who were better, they wouldn't have had the success without the big guys up front. I am saying as a whole, as a team, there have been many Fort Hill teams that could stack up with this group easily. It's only my opinion, but I have seen that 1975 team play every game, including their championship, and I've seen this FH team play 12 games, I'm taking the 1975 team., the old FH teams were playing the Martinsburg's and the Gaithersburg's every year, if they smaller, slower, weaker, they would not have competed with those teams, and beat them.
Lastly, the argument that todays athletes are just more advanced so to speak basically dismisses Wilt Chamberlain, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, Michael Jordan, Hank Aaron, Willie Mays, Ted Williams, Reggie Jackson, Joe Montana, OJ, Franco Harris, Bart Starr, John Riggins, Mean Joe Greene, Emmitt Smith, John Elway, Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer, Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemeiux, and all the great ones I've forgotten...they would be stars in any era...let's just compare fh to all the 1a teams right now and enjoy the moment.

It's an interesting discussion, the reality is neither side has a way of probing their point. I agree, e should just enjoy the moment.

What even is this conversation...

Everyone is right here...

I played with the 97 team, we were bad ass and also beat Dunbar

My father and uncle were part of the 75 team with Trimble... they too were bad ass

52-1 at any level is a bad ass accomplishment, and I'm proud of these boys.

There were several kids in the 80's that made football a 365 thing. 86 and 87 were back to back 10 win seasons in 3a. Those were the CVAL days and a playoff schedule that consisted of strong Frederick county and Montgomery county teams. There wasn't any northerns or week city teams. The Appel era has produced some very good teams in any era though.

What even is this conversation...

Everyone is right here...

I played with the 97 team, we were bad ass and also beat Dunbar

My father and uncle were part of the 75 team with Trimble... they too were bad ass

52-1 at any level is a bad ass accomplishment, and I'm proud of these boys.
You nailed it on the head, there should be no comparison about teams of the past with those of today...josh page could be the greatest ever...but how would we know? so appreciate what he and the whole team did in 97 because without his o line who knows?
we are lucky to have had a lot of bad ass teams - including this one!

I have no idea what you are trying to say.

Now sit back, relax, eat some turkey and watch FH win 4 in a row. Lalalalalalala!

Gosh Jolley Gee I love this time of year. Go Big Red! Keep on

That's because you don't understand common sense.

Nothing better than shredding morons on the internet.

How is commenting on the different schedules and classifications saying anything about the players? Have you read my posts ?
Can you point to anytime I spoke of the players? From any era? There is really no other way you can take my comments unless you are over sensitive and too PC.
I never said they couldn't compete at any time. All I said was they dont go 50-something-1 and win four straight titles playing those schedules at those classifications.
Simpletons like Brian then need to throw Allegany out there before they are overcome by tears. But it's becoming more fun making him spazz out than proving his logic is flawed.

You nailed it on the head, there should be no comparison about teams of the past with those of today...josh page could be the greatest ever...but how would we know? so appreciate what he and the whole team did in 97 because without his o line who knows?
we are lucky to have had a lot of bad ass teams - including this one!
Yep, too bad too many people are prisoners of 'now'. Everything has to be the greatest, biggest, etc. because it's happening now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT