ADVERTISEMENT

With round #2 coming this Friday night...will Alco have to double team the Homecoming DPOTG Conley?

I've already seen that they can't..... So I guess you answered the question.Thanks

Since this game will determine who will go to the state game, if I was Alco, I would put #82 at left guard. This kid is big and strong and I would put # 30 at TE. I don't know if 82 has ever played guard but it would be interesting to watch plus 30 would give Alco another receiver to worry about. A little late but I would have done this earlier...just my observation

Since this game will determine who will go to the state game, if I was Alco, I would put #82 at left guard. This kid is big and strong and I would put # 30 at TE. I don't know if 82 has ever played guard but it would be interesting to watch plus 30 would give Alco another receiver to worry about. A little late but I would have done this earlier...just my observation
I agree 100% I was thinking the same thing..

Double team Conley and FH exploits that gap by blitzing Martin and/or Poling. The secondary would pick up the soft passing routes.

I'm looking forward to a great game, I think it will be just as defensively laden as the first one.

Don't count Hamilton out. Watching the game on tv, heard his name a lot!!!! Blew Imes up a couple times also!

On the FH side of the equation, they will need to make adjustments as well to avoid a repeat of a past playoff game years ago that they were projected to win.

There was an OT at FH that I enjoyed watching play a few years ago, I can't remember the young mans name but I think his number was #75. He was a 300 pound beast and played on the 2013 state team. He would have made Coach Bittner proud.

This lineman always appeared to block his man until the whistle blew. His opponent usually ended up either on the ground or in the secondary. My point is that I do not see this from this teams o-line. They all make good initial contact, but then they kind of just release and go with the flow. Other than 53 and 54 the others are undersized and all play one way so fatigue is not an issue. I would have thought the coaching staff would have picked up on this, but I've seen it the last three games. They will be going against a much bigger and more physical line so this minor adjustment could be the difference between winning and losing. Like they say, it's the little things that no one else notices that make the difference between success and failure.

I would also expect FH offense to open up with more than quarterback sneaks and sweeps. I'm going to say until they do it...throw to the TE....please and it doesn't need to be a bomb. Just give me curls and slants and all is good!!!! You will be amazed if what it will do for your running game.

ALCO needs to just find someone to man up on him ,,, if they double team him they will lose.. You still need to take care of Hamilton,Stegmier... Basically ALCO needs to account for more than Conley, also if you double him I'm thinking FH is sending a linebacker...

Why should FH open it up. They can beat Alco keeping it simple. Opening it up gives much more room for error and gives Alco chances to capitalize.

Why should FH open it up. They can beat Alco keeping it simple. Opening it up gives much more room for error and gives Alco chances to capitalize.
Exactly, the better team doesn't need to do desperate things...just stop throwing interceptions down the middle and tackle instead of stripping the ball and you'll be just fine.

If FH play calling consists primarly of qb sneaks and belly runs they will lose. (my prediction) FH couldn't run on Alco the first game. What has changed that would make you think otherwise?

If I was Alco, #2 Brown would not touch a kick-off or a punt and if he goes out to the slot have one in front of him and one in back of him. I would also have one of the Robinette LB's mirror #20 Poling thereby 80% of FH offense is accounted for.

Alco is coming in as the underdog, so if FH shows run I would keep putting 9 men up in the box. It's like the lottery, the chances of winning/breaking a long run is slim, but if they do the reward is high.

I respect all others positions and just to let all know this is just my thoughts only and how I would approach it. I believe FH is going to have to do a lot more offensively than they showed during the last game.

Also, you wouldn't see play action passes like the last game. Imes needs to just take a two or three step drop from the pistol and settle for what the defense gives him thus this neutralizes any pass rush.

Lastly, if you win the toss take the ball... your offense can't score unless you have the ball. I guess I'm old school but I've never understood deferring to the second half. FH has a history of being a slow starter so if you jump out early this will help build momentum.

Then there's the other position that I'll be completely wrong and have no idea what I'm talking about. I just don't think you can continue to do the same things over and over and expect a different result. Its' the insanity definition.

Reactions: Lagmeister
If FH play calling consists primarly of qb sneaks and belly runs they will lose. (my prediction) FH couldn't run on Alco the first game. What has changed that would make you think otherwise?

If I was Alco, #2 Brown would not touch a kick-off or a punt and if he goes out to the slot have one in front of him and one in back of him. I would also have one of the Robinette LB's mirror #20 Poling thereby 80% of FH offense is accounted for.

Alco is coming in as the underdog, so if FH shows run I would keep putting 9 men up in the box. It's like the lottery, the chances of winning/breaking a long run is slim, but if they do the reward is high.

I respect all others positions and just to let all know this is just my thoughts only and how I would approach it. I believe FH is going to have to do a lot more offensively than they showed during the last game.

Also, you wouldn't see play action passes like the last game. Imes needs to just take a two or three step drop from the pistol and settle for what the defense gives him thus this neutralizes any pass rush.

Lastly, if you win the toss take the ball... your offense can't score unless you have the ball. I guess I'm old school but I've never understood deferring to the second half. FH has a history of being a slow starter so if you jump out early this will help build momentum.

Then there's the other position that I'll be completely wrong and have no idea what I'm talking about. I just don't think you can continue to do the same things over and over and expect a different result. Its' the insanity definition.

Most excellent.

You raise excellent points, and you aren't wrong, it's your opinion The only problem with your theory is FH won, and they did it while making some critical errors that had nothing to do with running the ball. I think you clean up the errors and if everything else stays the same you get the same result. Make Alco change their strategy and see how that goes. Everybody seems concerned about FH making changes but they won, and you won't see them opening up any playbook,not if history has anything to say about it. FH does not get more creative, they get more conservative..

The other side of the fence is what will Allegany do to put points on the board? They put up 13 points over the last 2 games and should have destroyed Boonsboro by most of our opinions. It's not that I think Allegany isn't a threat. Absolutely they are. I just think the pressure is on Allegany with all of those seniors and an offense that looked less than stellar. Saying that, I think it will be a dog fight as always. Good luck to both teams and pray for no injuries and safe travels for fans.

WOW this is getting funny , you guys wishing in one hand shitting in the other,, lol your over think this game. FH has more plays then belly for Smith,, I'm thinking smith 80 plus yards 2 TD's this Friday .. Only way he doesn't is if ALCO loads the box.. Again FH will keep it simple if anything you might see few shots down the field ...
And just a side note all this time ALCO went to the pistol this year well SMH on that one, you can't have kids run pistol if you can't coach it get Wharton in there to show Korn how it's done

The other side of the fence is what will Allegany do to put points on the board? They put up 13 points over the last 2 games and should have destroyed Boonsboro by most of our opinions. It's not that I think Allegany isn't a threat. Absolutely they are. I just think the pressure is on Allegany with all of those seniors and an offense that looked less than stellar. Saying that, I think it will be a dog fight as always. Good luck to both teams and pray for no injuries and safe travels for fans.

That is an excellent observation and I don't know why they can't put offensive points on the board. I was at the game last Friday in Boonsboro and Alco just couldn't punch it in once they got inside the twenty. The one thing that they need is a big fullback to go to in short yardage and they don't have one so they are limited in that aspect of their game. I would suggest they try to run screens to slow down the rush and attack the middle of the field with 10 yard routes. I was waiting for a reverse from either team because both teams d ends did not contain so the back would still running today with no one in site.

The wind was a huge factor and neither team could throw the ball due to the conditions. Between the two teams they had a total of 24 yards in passing with 10 of it on the last play. So both team defenses had 8 and 9 in the box making it difficult to run the ball, plus Alco had a butt load of penalties. They had to have 10 or more with many killing field position and good drives.

I think they are going to have to take some chances like trying to block a punt when the opportunity presents itself and any turnover needs to be converted into points. I hope to see another good game and hopefully the weather cooperates so that we can see what both offenses bring to the table.

Allegany has to come up with three fantastic defensive efforts in a row. They will no doubt be one key running back short. The commercial vid showed me that Boonsboro was not what I thought, while the officiating is exactly what I thought (how do you miss two backs in motion at the same time? ... when Boonsboro does it).

Having gotten by Boonsboro, I honestly expect Allegany to be better against FH in the rematch because of the Boonsboro game and because they played FH well the first time.

Maybe the gods of football will decide that no team gets away with being too perfect and waves the fumble wand at FH. Allegany could have easily given up last Friday - or even the week before. They didn't. One a win, the other a moral victory. Maybe this Friday the campers get 'a gift from the gods' - it happens.

I know that 99% of what I would do will never materialized. I just laid it out there to try to stimulate x and o talk versus verbal shots. I gave it another try.

I know first hand that when you hear they went in at halftime and made adjustments, do you know what the adjustments were...we blitzed our linebackers and instead of our corners playing 10 yards off we played 5 yards off the ball. That's basically it.

If Alco's d-line controls the line of scrimmage like they did the first game I think Alco has a very good shot of winning. They will have to play mistake free and not have 10 or more penalties. That's why they play the game. I hope to be able to get to Cumberland to see it.

Couldn't agree more. I am hoping FH's last 2 games have made them better as well. I won't get into the officiating discussion. Have watched my fair share of blown calls at multiple games this year. Thankfully the end result didn't change but it sure made some nail biters.

I know that 99% of what I would do will never materialized. I just laid it out there to try to stimulate x and o talk versus verbal shots. I gave it another try.

I know first hand that when you hear they went in at halftime and made adjustments, do you know what the adjustments were...we blitzed our linebackers and instead of our corners playing 10 yards off we played 5 yards off the ball. That's basically it.

If Alco's d-line controls the line of scrimmage like they did the first game I think Alco has a very good shot of winning. They will have to play mistake free and not have 10 or more penalties. That's why they play the game. I hope to be able to get to Cumberland to see it.

We are all entitled to our opinions. I don't agree with you but I respect your opinion.

Disagreement makes for interesting discussion. Being a former Sentinel, I hope they do win. I grew up playing against a few of the current Alco players dad's/uncles. I'm glad to see their kids doing well. I go way back to the days of Barton's field, Celanese pool, Van Meters market and here's one for you old timers McKenzie field.

You might want to be on the lookout while driving through Cresaptown, during my little league days one of the Local 180 players hit a home run off me and its projected to land somewhere before years end. Those were great memories.

Disagreement makes for interesting discussion. Being a former Sentinel, I hope they do win. I grew up playing against a few of the current Alco players dad's/uncles. I'm glad to see their kids doing well. I go way back to the days of Barton's field, Celanese pool, Van Meters market and here's one for you old timers McKenzie field.

You might want to be on the lookout while driving through Cresaptown, during my little league days one of the Local 180 players hit a home run off me and its projected to land somewhere before years end. Those were great memories.

I played in two different leagues at one time or other, little league and another that used to travel around 'Coni', Barton, Midland and such. I gather we slid in the same dirt. Memory plays tricks on us, but I recall one field had an infield that was darker like it had coal dust in it and left field ended in train tracks.

Lag,

I believe that was the Lonaconing field with the coal dust. You forgot to add in the broken class that must have been included with the dirt and coal mixture and you had a perfect playing surface. It was just as good as playing on the shale infields that substituted for dirt! Have they ever upgraded from shale to dirt infields?:)

Reactions: Lagmeister
Lag,

I believe that was the Lonaconing field with the coal dust. You forgot to add in the broken class that must have been included with the dirt and coal mixture and you had a perfect playing surface. It was just as good as playing on the shale infields that substituted for dirt! Have they ever upgraded from shale to dirt infields?:)

Yes! Yes! We were so tough then we used to slide into home on a concrete playground!

Alco played an excellent defensive game against FH. They allowed 10 offensive points. That's the best any team has done all year against FH. FH played an okay game, not their best offensively, but not their worst. Statistically speaking, playing the averages...Allegany has the biggest task of equaling what was their best defensive game of the whole year. FH will not give Alco more opportunities to make defensive plays or to score on defense. Likewise, FH's defense has consistently been doing what they did against Alco for the whole second half of the season. I think the pressure is more on Alco to equal their Homecoming performance, moreso than FH needing to change anything.

Point being, we all hear defense wins championships...and in this case, I think it rings true very loudly.

You could tell that Coach A. was not happy with his teams performance at homecoming and I'm sure he made his point. I would be concerned with the defensive bend don't break outcomes because eventually that catches up to you. Now that Alco has their kicker back that will could have impact to game. What will FH do if they can't establish the run?

You could tell that Coach A. was not happy with his teams performance at homecoming and I'm sure he made his point. I would be concerned with the defensive bend don't break outcomes because eventually that catches up to you. Now that Alco has their kicker back that will could have impact to game. What will FH do if they can't establish the run?

What do I know... but somehow it is beyond me thinking a coach would show much displeasure just because his high school team didn't beat their rival by 30 points. FH had some penalties and gave up one big play. So they couldn't make a 4th and one and they didn't have a big offensive day.

Those kids for FH have played great all year. They won some big games and Allegany was one of them. I can't think of anything but praise for them. Again... what do I know.

What do I know... but somehow it is beyond me thinking a coach would show much displeasure just because his high school team didn't beat their rival by 30 points. FH had some penalties and gave up one big play. So they couldn't make a 4th and one and they didn't have a big offensive day.

Those kids for FH have played great all year. They won some big games and Allegany was one of them. I can't think of anything but praise for them. Again... what do I know.
I think sometimes the coach and players let the praise go to their heads. I'm also one that hasn't bought into the greatest qb ever and the greatest all purpose player and the greatest 4 headed monster and all that other crap that means nothing until you show it on the field. They didn't show it and I think it put some fear into him. It's shocking when you aren't as great as everybody says you are!

I guess I should have elaborated my response when not happy with team performance. It had nothing to do with individual performance or score, I was referencing penalties and you could say both teams continue to struggle with motion, procedure and offside calls. They are drive killers. It's been an issue for sometime and when every possession counts at this point in the season I don't understand why its a recurring problem. I wish both teams good luck and look forward to seeing another great game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT