ADVERTISEMENT

Williamsport 2nd worst team to play at Greenway

BrianH1974

Blue Chip Poster
May 2, 2005
Williamsport was the 2nd worst team to play at a Greenway this year only behind Silver Oak. I was there and they were not very good. How they laid 43 on Alco is beyond me. The blue defense is really stuggling. I think they are missing the other Robinette and Coach Foley in a very big way. Would almost hate to see the defensive numbers. It would be one thing if it was just inconsistency, but it's every game. Not counting Ridge they have now given up 41 points a game.

The Homecoming line just moved from 14 points to 23.

Lol. Allegany defense is horrible and there is no reason for it. I will take 23 points for sure

Robinette put this team on his back tonight with over 200yds rushing 5tds... I would like to see us throw the ball more. Our QB looked really good on them deep passes... I dont think this defense will get fixed. We better get use to shootouts but Man they sure are fun to watch....

Williamsport is also better than Mountain Ridge who played in the stadium. Why take a cheap shot at Williamsport after they played their hearts out and took Alco to the wire? They played a heck of a game, give them some credit. Why do you guys always frame every freaking football game as Alco vs. FH? FH didn't play today. Everyone knows Alco's program is not on par with FH's right now, no local team's program is on that level but all I know is that Alco has given fans their money's worth with two entertaining games in the stadium. Too bad hardly anyone came to see it. And it took heart for Alco to fight back from a 16 point second half deficit. How about giving those two teams a little credit for a great high school football game.

Williamsport is also better than Mountain Ridge who played in the stadium. Why take a cheap shot at Williamsport after they played their hearts out and took Alco to the wire? They played a heck of a game, give them some credit. Why do you guys always frame every freaking football game as Alco vs. FH? FH didn't play today. Everyone knows Alco's program is not on par with FH's right now, no local team's program is on that level but all I know is that Alco has given fans their money's worth with two entertaining games in the stadium. Too bad hardly anyone came to see it. And it took heart for Alco to fight back from a 16 point second half deficit. How about giving those two teams a little credit for a great high school football game.
I agree 100% with everything you said... Both teams entered the game with a 2-1 record. It came down to the wire and was very entertaining.. Williamsport played very well on offense but like the campers didn't have an answer on defense. Actually Alco's defense played much better in the 2nd half not allowing any points... Williamsport only points in the 2nd half came from a camper fumble and was returned for a td. They went up 43-27 in the 3rd and then my boys in blue unleashed the beast Robinette who took over the game...

Everyone has their opinion, that's fine. Mine is that this is the worst performance by an Alco team this year when they should be getting better not worse.

Special teams gave up big plays - allowed a fake punt when they had Williamsport pinned inside their 20.... allowed long returns again and again. Alco fumbled three times leading to 2 touchdowns - one fumble was picked up and taken in for a touchdown. They had moments of arm tackling - lacked hustle on defense again and again. If I didn't know better, it's like they are relying on their offense to outscore everybody to win.

On the other hand, the spread offense with a good quarterback who can both pass and run has historically been a nightmare for city teams. Ball, as quarterback, may not have as strong an arm as the Dunbar quarterback but he was more accurate and he knew exactly when to tuck the ball and take off up field. Carter, as the Williamsport running back, is both strong and fast. The rest of the Williamsport team may not be loaded with outstanding athletes, but they are very well coached and their receivers can catch the ball. Because of their quarterback and coaching alone, I would put this team right behind Dunbar as the second best visiting team this year.

I can't say enough about Robinette. He carries this team on his back. I believe this is his third game with way over 200 yards rushing. Watching him run is worth tolerating the rest of the team.

Williamsport is a lot better team than they are being given credit for! They should have beaten alco and if they substituted their defense players more they would have won! They were just tired and could not stop robinette in the second half! Williamsport will finish the season 8-2 Or 7-3 at worst and make the playoffs

Reactions: towpath94
Williamsport is a lot better team than they are being given credit for! They should have beaten alco and if they substituted their defense players more they would have won! They were just tired and could not stop robinette in the second half! Williamsport will finish the season 8-2 Or 7-3 at worst and make the playoffs

Only to get whooped up on when they come to Cumberland. :)

That game was very far from getting whooped up on, and if alco doesn't get their defense fixed they won't do anything in the playoffs

Williamsport was a lot better than I expected and did get tired otherwise would have won the game I think. Williamsport won't make the playoffs even at 8-2

You could be correct about the playoff thing. 2A West is very strong with Walkersville, Middletown! Hopefully some other teams lose over the next 5 games!

That game was very far from getting whooped up on, and if alco doesn't get their defense fixed they won't do anything in the playoffs

From what I've heard Alco installed a new defense over the summer and the kids are basically still learning it. That could be a convenient excuse or it could be the reason the defense hasn't looked great so far this year. It's going to be interesting to see how the rest of the season plays out.

Id love to see a FH vs Middletown matchup or walkersville in the regular season

Id love to see a FH vs Middletown matchup or walkersville in the regular season

FH tried to work out a game with Middletown this season for week 1 but Middletown filled the hole with Potomac School. FH also tried to work out a game with Dunbar for the same week but the Poets said they preferred to play Alco instead of opening with a state champ.

The million dollar question: Would Williamsport play FH?

FH tried to work out a game with Middletown this season for week 1 but Middletown filled the hole with Potomac School. FH also tried to work out a game with Dunbar for the same week but the Poets said they preferred to play Alco instead of opening with a state champ.

The million dollar question: Would Williamsport play FH?

I ain't buying either line that FH was first there with the first offer and open to a game with Dunbar or Middletown and it was those schools that chose not to play.

Let's see, FH wanted good competition the first week and when two schools turned them down they thought.... okay, get the cheap meat.

Last edited:
I ain't buying either line that FH was first there with the first offer and open to a game with Dunbar or Middletown and it was those schools that chose not to play.

Let's see, FH wanted good competition the first week and when two schools turned them down they thought.... okay, get the cheap meat.

I ain't buying any line that FH turned down a game with Middletown or Dunbar. It a joke to even consider such a make believe story.

Once again, will Williamsport play FH? It sounds like a rising 2A school ready to play an established 1A school. Respect is a 2 way street.

I ain't buying any line that FH turned down a game with Middletown or Dunbar. It a joke to even consider such a make believe story.

Once again, will Williamsport play FH? It sounds like a rising 2A school ready to play an established 1A school. Respect is a 2 way street.

A joke? Here is what the season factually turned out to be for FH: two competitive games and maybe one with Allegany. The only potential joke is that FH would Add a Dunbar or Middletown to that schedule and remotely endanger their playoff chances.

And, what's this Williamsport question to me. Call them up. So, is that your new add on to every post now.... Well, Whadda 'bout Williamsport!!

Reactions: OneRing
A joke? Here is what the season factually turned out to be for FH: two competitive games and maybe one with Allegany. The only potential joke is that FH would Add a Dunbar or Middletown to that schedule and remotely endanger their playoff chances.

And, what's this Williamsport question to me. Call them up. So, is that your new add on to every post now.... Well, Whadda 'bout Williamsport!!

Gee whiz FH play Walkersville or Wise. Boo hoo it's old watching FH win all their games and championships. Sniffle, sniffle why do we have to play FH twice. Maybe FH coaches can send an apology letter for being forced to play in 1A.

Here is the funniest part of it all. FH HAS THE TOUGHEST SCHEDULE FROM MARTINSBURG TO THE FREDERICK COUNTY LINE!!! LMFAO.

It's also so funny to watch teams plead about who FH will or won't play when their team won't play FH. Like watching you plead about Alco not playing FH anymore so you can sit at your computer yapping about why FH won't play anybody. That's too rich.

From what I've heard Alco installed a new defense over the summer and the kids are basically still learning it. That could be a convenient excuse or it could be the reason the defense hasn't looked great so far this year. It's going to be interesting to see how the rest of the season plays out.

Missing tackles will hurt you regardless of what scheme you run.

Reactions: Waggle Pass

I think Walkersville would be way to much for FH this year or even last year!
FH vs Williamsport? You would think it should be competitive since it's 2a vs 1a but no Williamsport is not on FH's level right now

I don't think FH could beat Walkersville this year either. Man the Damascus vs. Walkersville game is a monster.

I think an even better match up to see would be Walkersville or Damascus take on Martinsburg this season. Wow what a game those would be.

Reactions: GenSneaky
Yes it is! I'm just amazed how good Middletown and walkersville are year in and year out! Being 2A schools it's weird how they have so many talented kids in their district

Gee whiz FH play Walkersville or Wise. Boo hoo it's old watching FH win all their games and championships. Sniffle, sniffle why do we have to play FH twice. Maybe FH coaches can send an apology letter for being forced to play in 1A.

Here is the funniest part of it all. FH HAS THE TOUGHEST SCHEDULE FROM MARTINSBURG TO THE FREDERICK COUNTY LINE!!! LMFAO.

It's also so funny to watch teams plead about who FH will or won't play when their team won't play FH. Like watching you plead about Alco not playing FH anymore so you can sit at your computer yapping about why FH won't play anybody. That's too rich.

Once again Bri Bri changes the subject faster than new meat appears on the FH schedule.

You posted that FH tried to schedule a competitive game week 1 and was turned down twice, by Dunbar and Middletown. I posted that I wasn't buyin' it. That was the exchange.

Now you have 'schedule deficit syndrome' in keeping your mind on the subject you started.

So, competitive teams will not play you. Local teams are dropping you and you are left with teams to play that are lower than the crawl space below the root cellar in the basement of the bomb shelter.

I just noticed the FH schedule, why are they playing so many out of the area teams?

I just noticed the FH schedule, why are they playing so many out of the area teams?

Perhaps you should ask Frankfort, Southern, Northern, Hampshire and Keyser (next year) that question. Perhaps you should also ask Smithsburg, Boonsboro, Williamsport, North Hagerstown and South Hagerstown the same question.

Maybe Williamsport will schedule FH in the near future?? I'd personally like to see that game. North Hagerstown and South are both down this year, but always seem to have a lot of talent on their teams. Williamsport plays four 3A teams this year, and the 1A schools won't be much of a game with the exception of Boonsboro

Once again Bri Bri changes the subject faster than new meat appears on the FH schedule.

You posted that FH tried to schedule a competitive game week 1 and was turned down twice, by Dunbar and Middletown. I posted that I wasn't buyin' it. That was the exchange.

Now you have 'schedule deficit syndrome' in keeping your mind on the subject you started.

So, competitive teams will not play you. Local teams are dropping you and you are left with teams to play that are lower than the crawl space below the root cellar in the basement of the bomb shelter.

Sit back and watch Alco play those power house regional teams old man. The ones that shake at even the mention of Fort Hill. Come see a real team on October 14. We even moved it to Saturday so local fans can see what D1 football players look like.

On top of that, FH HAS THE TOUGHEST SCHEDULE FROM MARTINSBURGTO THE FREDERICK COUNTY LINE!!! LMFAO.

Sit back and watch Alco play those power house regional teams old man. The ones that shake at even the mention of Fort Hill. Come see a real team on October 14. We even moved it to Saturday so local fans can see what D1 football players look like.

On top of that, FH HAS THE TOUGHEST SCHEDULE FROM MARTINSBURGTO THE FREDERICK COUNTY LINE!!! LMFAO.

Okay. You will not go back to your statement about week one. Why is that? I mean, it's only a couple posts back. Some folks have short memories but yours is really bad. Fine. That is all I was addressing.

This other stuff is meaningless, just like averaging 10 games while only two are really on your level. It's like employing 10 people and underpaying everyone but two and then claiming you pay the highest average wages in the area.

Reactions: OneRing
Okay. You will not go back to your statement about week one. Why is that? I mean, it's only a couple posts back. Some folks have short memories but yours is really bad. Fine. That is all I was addressing.

This other stuff is meaningless, just like averaging 10 games while only two are really on your level. It's like employing 10 people and underpaying everyone but two and then claiming you pay the highest average wages in the area.

The week 1 issue has been explained 6 different times by the guy who was actually involved. Why you and others keep needing it explained is mind boggling.

You sound like a disgruntled employee. One who has been beaten 10 times in a row and now cries for someone else to do your job instead of of doing it yourself.

Again, FH HAS THE TOUGHEST SCHEDULE FROM MARTINSBURGTO THE FREDERICK COUNTY LINE!!! What more needs said?

The week 1 issue has been explained 6 different times by the guy who was actually involved. Why you and others keep needing it explained is mind boggling.

You sound like a disgruntled employee. One who has been beaten 10 times in a row and now cries for someone else to do your job instead of of doing it yourself.

Again, FH HAS THE TOUGHEST SCHEDULE FROM MARTINSBURGTO THE FREDERICK COUNTY LINE!!! What more needs said?

Okay, then back to the beginning. I don't care who explained it. I ain't buying it from you. I wasn't buying it the first time I read it.

You only have two really competitive games throwing the averages off. Even adding in Allegany, you scheduled 7 laughers, one of which is already a forfeit.

It's scheduling for the playoffs. I get it. So, why go around trying to sell the idea that you tried to get Dunbar or Middletown.

So why go around selling the idea that FH wouldn't play Middletown or Dunbar. Get it dude? That was what sparked this topic for the 100th time. Cant believe it even needs addressed again. FH called both Dunbar and Middletown for a game. Both were full. End of story.

Yes scheduling for the playoffs. We get it. Everybody does it. We get it. FH schedule toughest in 1A. We get it. FH toughest schedule in this entire area and region. We get it. FH plays two teams that make Chestnut Ridge look like children. We get it. FH doesn't play Martinsburg and Walkersville 8 times a year. We get it. Alco is tired of getting beat twice a year. We get it. You and people like Boyz are tired of seeing FH win all the time. We get it.

FH doesn't give two shits who you think is best for them to schedule. We win titles now. We dont make up the playoff schedule. The only thing you can think of to bitch about is their schedule. When it's the toughest schedule in their class and toughest from Martinsburg to Frederick County line. What part of that sentence don't you understand ? Seriously? You are constantly crying about a teams schedule that is the toughest around these parts. My only guess is you are either disgruntled of FH winning or dumber than hell.

Last edited:
So why go around selling the idea that FH wouldn't play Middletown or Dunbar. Get it dude? That was what sparked this topic for the 100th time. Cant believe it even needs addressed again. FH called both Dunbar and Middletown for a game. Both were full. End of story.

Yes scheduling for the playoffs. We get it. Everybody does it. We get it. FH schedule toughest in 1A. We get it. FH toughest schedule in this entire area and region. We get it. FH plays two teams that make Chestnut Ridge look like children. We get it. FH doesn't play Martinsburg and Walkersville 8 times a year. We get it. Alco is tired of getting beat twice a year. We get it. You and people like Boyz are tired of seeing FH win all the time. We get it.

FH doesn't give two shits who you think is best for them to schedule. We win titles now. We dont make up the playoff schedule. The only thing you can think of to bitch about is their schedule. When it's the toughest schedule in their class and toughest from Martinsburg to Frederick County line. What part of that sentence don't you understand ? Seriously? You are constantly crying about a teams schedule that is the toughest around these parts. My only guess is you are either disgruntled of FH winning or dumber than hell.

No. What I'm saying is what you're saying is bullshit. Helmick brags about being able to schedule teams you can beat 100 to nothing.

"If FH wants another team to beat 100-0 I can find it." - Helmick

I understand English. You don't understand the impact of numbers that are only divided by 10. Your "toughest schedule" is only determined by playing two.... count 'em.... two frickin' teams of your ability divided by only 10 games.... and what is worse, you already didn't have to suit up for one of those 10 games.

Not that it mattered. Your starters would have been out by the first quarter anyhow. They would have gotten a better workout warming up.

Reactions: BoyznBlue
No. What I'm saying is what you're saying is bullshit. Helmick brags about being able to schedule teams you can beat 100 to nothing.

"If FH wants another team to beat 100-0 I can find it." - Helmick

I understand English. You don't understand the impact of numbers that are only divided by 10. Your "toughest schedule" is only determined by playing two.... count 'em.... two frickin' teams of your ability divided by only 10 games.... and what is worse, you already didn't have to suit up for one of those 10 games.

Not that it mattered. Your starters would have been out by the first quarter anyhow. They would have gotten a better workout warming up.

The difference is those two teams coming up for FH are better than anybody on a 1A schedule by a mile. They make Chestnut Ridge look like a pee wee team.

I'll just keep posting it.
Fort Hill has the toughest schedule in all of 1A. The class they play in. They have the toughest schedule of any team from Martinsburg to the Frederick County Line including a handful of 3A and 4A sized schools.

What part of that don't you understand? For you to invest all this time posting and crying the FH schedule is still not tough enough makes you look extemely dense. Hate is blind I guess.

Again, you sound like a disgruntled person whose had the snot kicked out of him 10 times in a row.

Reactions: Waggle Pass
"Perhaps you should ask Frankfort, Southern, Northern, Hampshire and Keyser (next year) that question. Perhaps you should also ask Smithsburg, Boonsboro, Williamsport, North Hagerstown and South Hagerstown the same question."

I believe Southern played Ft Hill 14 straight years before two years ago . We tried to get Fort Hill back this year but, as it has been repeated here numerous times, the dates could not be matched up. Quit including Southern with the other area teams that won't even discuss a Fort Hill match up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT