ADVERTISEMENT

Williamsport 2nd worst team to play at Greenway

I ain't buying either line that FH was first there with the first offer and open to a game with Dunbar or Middletown and it was those schools that chose not to play.

Let's see, FH wanted good competition the first week and when two schools turned them down they thought.... okay, get the cheap meat.
No. What I'm saying is what you're saying is bullshit. Helmick brags about being able to schedule teams you can beat 100 to nothing.

"If FH wants another team to beat 100-0 I can find it." - Helmick

I understand English. You don't understand the impact of numbers that are only divided by 10. Your "toughest schedule" is only determined by playing two.... count 'em.... two frickin' teams of your ability divided by only 10 games.... and what is worse, you already didn't have to suit up for one of those 10 games.

Not that it mattered. Your starters would have been out by the first quarter anyhow. They would have gotten a better workout warming up.

Yeah, part of the problem is Todd H has made conflicting statements. And it's possible that's because the situation has changed over the years.

Maybe Williamsport will schedule FH in the near future?? I'd personally like to see that game. North Hagerstown and South are both down this year, but always seem to have a lot of talent on their teams. Williamsport plays four 3A teams this year, and the 1A schools won't be much of a game with the exception of Boonsboro

That's a game everyone wants to see. If FH had returned Middletown's phone call in January the FH/Middletown game would have been a great match-up of Western Maryland powers.

FH just isn't going to play tough games during the regular season. You can look at their 10 year record, and even FH people have admitted it. I think it's smart to schedule for playoff positioning, the only criticism I have is when they claim they can't find games because every school is ducking them. Every other school in the state can find games except for FH, lol

No one seems to want to play FH. There were like 3 PG County schools at the 4A level who had the same open date but wanted nothing to do with playing the Sentinels. Flowers or Bowie wouldn't even return calls. Gwynn Park ended up with only 9 games. It's not just local region teams that dodge FH.

The difference is those two teams coming up for FH are better than anybody on a 1A schedule by a mile. They make Chestnut Ridge look like a pee wee team.

I'll just keep posting it.
Fort Hill has the toughest schedule in all of 1A. The class they play in. They have the toughest schedule of any team from Martinsburg to the Frederick County Line including a handful of 3A and 4A sized schools.

What part of that don't you understand? For you to invest all this time posting and crying the FH schedule is still not tough enough makes you look extemely dense. Hate is blind I guess.

Again, you sound like a disgruntled person whose had the snot kicked out of him 10 times in a row.

Let's review this year to date:

Games scheduled through 10/7:
Average opponent ranking for FH: 6058
Average opponent ranking for Alco: 4646
Summary: Allegany plays a significantly more difficult schedule than FH through this weekend. Embarrassing when you consider FH is ranked 648, over twice as high as Allegany at 1497.

Conclusion: After 4 consecutive championships, FH schedules cheap meat for over half of the beginning of its season.

Next 3 opponents rankings.
FH 7,270
Alco 16,374
Now that's embarrassing.

Stop by and see what D1 athletes look like Oct 14 for once in your lifetime.

CONCLUSION: Frankfort to play Alco next year since their JV tied this week. Hahahaha.

Let's review this year to date:

Summary: Allegany plays a significantly more difficult schedule than FH through this weekend. Embarrassing when you consider FH is ranked 648, over twice as high as Allegany at 1497.

Conclusion: After 4 consecutive championships, FH schedules cheap meat for over half of the beginning of its season.

Where do think alco should be ranked?

Next 3 opponents rankings.
FH 7,270
Alco 16,374
Now that's embarrassing.

Stop by and see what D1 athletes look like Oct 14 for once in your lifetime.

CONCLUSION: Frankfort to play Alco next year since their JV tied this week. Hahahaha.

"Stop by and see what D1 athletes look like" I like FH, so what are their numbers I should focus on.

Besides....

I gave you the first 6 games of a 10 game season. You pick three games when two of your opponents are the only two that are close to your ranking: Melbourne 353 and Friendship 734. You front-loaded more than half of your season with cheap meat and try to bullshit around it by saying, "See! See! We play two good teams!"

Where do think alco should be ranked?

I'll know more this weekend, but with their offense probably close to where they are, 1500.

Fort Hill might be ranked a little too high because they honestly haven't been tested.

I'll know more this weekend, but with their offense probably close to where they are, 1500.
Fort Hill might be ranked a little too high because they honestly haven't been tested.
Tested or not, polls like winning and fort hill gets rewarded for winning

LET'S MEASURE ALL 10 GAMES Lag. Dolp! Who is that at the top? Ahead of Martinsburg snd Walkersville and Middletown and Alco. Why it's the team you keep saying has a bum schedule. Are you that blind or just digruntled? I'm going to guess both.

2017 STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE RANKINGS

Fort Hill - 4.63
Middletown - 4.86
Morgantown - 4.87
Allegany - 4.89
Walkersville - 4.90
Jefferson - 5.01
South Hagerstown - 5.51
Dunbar (Balt.) - 5.58
Mountain Ridge - 5.93
Washington - 6.22
Martinsburg - 6.22
Spring Mills - 6.41
Musselman - 6.77
North Hagerstown - 6.80
Williamsport - 6.88
Keyser - 7.28
Hampshire - 7.55
Hedgesville - 7.59
Boonsboro - 7.85
Frankfort - 8.21
Moorefield - 8.32
Southern Garrett - 8.65
East Hardy - 8.70
Francis Scott Key - 8.91
Northern Garrett - 9.59
Clear Spring - 9.74
Petersburg - 9.78
Catoctin - 9.87
Smithsburg - 9.89
Berkeley Springs - 10.65
Brunswick - 11.08
Hancock - 12.93

LET'S MEASURE ALL 10 GAMES Lag. Dolp! Who is that at the top? Ahead of Martinsburg snd Walkersville and Middletown and Alco. Why it's the team you keep saying has a bum schedule. Are you that blind or just digruntled? I'm going to guess both.

Fort Hill - 4.63
Middletown - 4.86
Morgantown - 4.87
Allegany - 4.89
Walkersville - 4.90
Jefferson - 5.01
South Hagerstown - 5.51
Dunbar (Balt.) - 5.58
Mountain Ridge - 5.93
Washington - 6.22
Martinsburg - 6.22
Spring Mills - 6.41
Musselman - 6.77
North Hagerstown - 6.80
Williamsport - 6.88
Keyser - 7.28
Hampshire - 7.55
Hedgesville - 7.59
Boonsboro - 7.85
Frankfort - 8.21
Moorefield - 8.32
Southern Garrett - 8.65
East Hardy - 8.70
Francis Scott Key - 8.91
Northern Garrett - 9.59
Clear Spring - 9.74
Petersburg - 9.78
Catoctin - 9.87
Smithsburg - 9.89
Berkeley Springs - 10.65
Brunswick - 11.08
Hancock - 12.93

Everyone has seen the above countless times and it disguises the truth in a 10 game schedule. So, here it is:

Fort Hill 648
USO 8027
Keyser 3855
Hollidaysburg 3704
Silver Oak 8982
Westinghouse 5597
Serra 6183
Melbourne 353
Friendship 734

Ridge 7413
Allegany 1497

FH has an elite ranking but only plays two schools of its own equal strength. How is that not glaringly apparent?

Everyone has seen the above countless times and it disguises the truth in a 10 game schedule. So, here it is:

Fort Hill 648
USO 8027
Keyser 3855
Hollidaysburg 3704
Silver Oak 8982
Westinghouse 5597
Serra 6183
Melbourne 353
Friendship 734

Ridge 7413
Allegany 1497

FH has an elite ranking but only plays two schools of its own equal strength. How is that not glaringly apparent?

I noticed DeMatha only plays 2 teams of its own current strength.

I noticed last year's state champions Walkersville, Damascus and Wise play ZERO teams of equal strength.

I noticed Hancock, Clear Spring and Brunswick all play possibly the toughest schedule in the entire state with 8 to 9 teams of greater strength.

Good one dude.

Do you have any idea how dumb you sound?

Stick to your adolescent repeated "cheap meat" fantasy posts. When it comes to numbers and facts you are in way over your head.

Last edited:

Fort Hill 648
USO 8027
Keyser 3855
Hollidaysburg 3704
Silver Oak 8982
Westinghouse 5597
Serra 6183
Melbourne 353
Friendship 734

Ridge 7413
Allegany 1497

And...again!

And...again!

What are you... blind. That is the first time I posted that exact information. It is in answer to:

Fort Hill - 4.63
Middletown - 4.86
Morgantown - 4.87
Allegany - 4.89
Walkersville - 4.90
Jefferson - 5.01
South Hagerstown - 5.51
Dunbar (Balt.) - 5.58
Mountain Ridge - 5.93
Washington - 6.22
Martinsburg - 6.22
Spring Mills - 6.41
Musselman - 6.77
North Hagerstown - 6.80
Williamsport - 6.88
Keyser - 7.28
Hampshire - 7.55
Hedgesville - 7.59
Boonsboro - 7.85
Frankfort - 8.21
Moorefield - 8.32
Southern Garrett - 8.65
East Hardy - 8.70
Francis Scott Key - 8.91
Northern Garrett - 9.59
Clear Spring - 9.74
Petersburg - 9.78
Catoctin - 9.87
Smithsburg - 9.89
Berkeley Springs - 10.65
Brunswick - 11.08
Hancock - 12.93

You cannot stand what is behind the numbers that you all post again.... and again.... and again.

Again, are the rankings valid or not, Lag?

As I posted on September 15th, it was not too far in the distant past that you referred to Fort Hill as having a "mercurial" climb in the MaxPrep rankings. Then, you stated you were simply using sarcasm, so...the question remains: Are the rankings valid or not?

I noticed DeMatha only plays 2 teams of its own current strength.

I noticed last year's state champions Walkersville, Damascus and Wise play ZERO teams of equal strength.

I noticed Hancock, Clear Spring and Brunswick all play possibly the toughest schedule in the entire state with 8 to 9 teams of greater strength.

Good one dude.

Do you have any idea how dumb you sound?

Stick to your adolescent repeated "cheap meat" fantasy posts. When it comes to numbers and facts you are in way over your head.

You cannot stand the truth behind the numbers. So, you bullshit, brag and deflect.

This isn't about a poor team having to play every team better than they are.... it's about Alco, whom you bash constantly, having played better teams to date than FH.

If my numbers are wrong, point that out. If Allegany will not have played a schedule of higher ranked teams than FH for the first 6 games, point that out.

You cannot stand the truth behind the numbers. So, you bullshit, brag and deflect.

This isn't about a poor team having to play every team better than they are.... it's about Alco, whom you bash constantly, having played better teams to date than FH.

If my numbers are wrong, point that out. If Allegany will not have played a schedule of higher ranked teams than FH for the first 6 games, point that out.

How would things look for Fort Hill if Williamsport, Boonsboro, Chestnut Ridge, Northern and Southern would play Fort Hill? They don't and won't. :)

Again, are the rankings valid or not, Lag?

As I posted on September 15th, it was not too far in the distant past that you referred to Fort Hill as having a "mercurial" climb in the MaxPrep rankings. Then, you stated you were simply using sarcasm, so...the question remains: Are the rankings valid or not?

How do I know. Fort Hill hasn't played anybody yet close to their ranking. But a lot folks brag about them.

How would things look for Fort Hill if Williamsport, Boonsboro, Chestnut Ridge, Northern and Southern would play Fort Hill? They don't and won't. :)

And, apparently FH will never front load teams like Dunbar and CR, because they can find all the cheap meat they want. Just ask Helmick.

Yes Lag. Alco has played a tougher schedule through the first 6 games. Dah! I never disputed this.

But you left out the toughest games on the FH schedule. Dah! Two teams that make any team Alco has played in 7 years look like pee wee organizations.

Yes Lag. Alco has played a tougher schedule through the first 6 games. Dah! I never disputed this.

But you left out the toughest games on the FH schedule. Dah! Two teams that make any team Alco has played in 7 years look like pee wee organizations.

Fort Hill is not a pee wee organization. You are going to play two teams on that level - your level. Allegany plays a team on that level.... twice.

Dunbar coach said FH and Dunbar were both open and Dunbar would have made 2 trips to Cumberland...........Just sayin

How do I know. Fort Hill hasn't played anybody yet close to their ranking. But a lot folks brag about them.

Can you say injudicatus?

In "legalese" and by your own admission, your arguments are all void ab initio.

The only rankings that matter are the current regional rankings. Currently, Fort Hill is ranked #1 in the 1A West Region.

Games are played on the field and not on a message board.

End of story.

Peace to all. :)

Dunbar coach said FH and Dunbar were both open and Dunbar would have made 2 trips to Cumberland...........Just sayin

You do realize I communicated with Coach Smith about these things? Dunbar had Week 1 open and Week 5 open. I pleaded with him multiple times to see if Dunbar would play FH on either of those dates. And FH was willing to travel. Got real close to making it happen. They went with Alco and IMG Academy (which later dropped them). Maybe you had these conversations with him as well. Just sayin.

I'm not calling Dunbar out. They had the chance to play IMG Academy in Florida. Wow, I would have chosen the same. Kudos to Alco for getting the game done and much respect for the Poets.

Last edited:
Reactions: towpath94
Are we really fussing about the fact that Fort Hill is 14+ points better then any team within 100+ miles minus a very few exceptions? And because of this fact they need to schedule more teams that are off their caliber? Fact is that Fort Hill has won 4 straight state championships. And even with it being in the lowest class of this state it is still nothing to just throw out the window. They are a Top 700 school in the United States right? That means that 7 or more of their games should be against other Top 700 teams in the United States right? How many teams within a reasonable drive are in the Top 700? Does Fort Hill have to schedule them all? It seems to me we are punishing Fort Hill for being steps above any program in this region.

I will agree that teams should play more games in a season against teams that are close to their caliber. The fact is that the way the State of Maryland runs its playoff system that will never happen. It would be idiotic for Fort Hill to schedule 10 games against Top 700 teams and take the chance of missing the playoffs and not winning a state championship when they are heads and toes better than any other Maryland 1A team. This would also mean that Fort Hill would play no local teams. Is everyone okay with that?

It really is time to put this whole schedule thing to bed. It has been discussed on here countless times and it is getting old to be honest. If you have a problem with Fort Hill's scheduling, Fort Hill winning back-to-back-to-back-to-back state championships... here is a novel idea... why don't you just beat them and settle it once and for all.

Are we really fussing about the fact that Fort Hill is 14+ points better then any team within 100+ miles minus a very few exceptions? And because of this fact they need to schedule more teams that are off their caliber? Fact is that Fort Hill has won 4 straight state championships. And even with it being in the lowest class of this state it is still nothing to just throw out the window. They are a Top 700 school in the United States right? That means that 7 or more of their games should be against other Top 700 teams in the United States right? How many teams within a reasonable drive are in the Top 700? Does Fort Hill have to schedule them all? It seems to me we are punishing Fort Hill for being steps above any program in this region.

I will agree that teams should play more games in a season against teams that are close to their caliber. The fact is that the way the State of Maryland runs its playoff system that will never happen. It would be idiotic for Fort Hill to schedule 10 games against Top 700 teams and take the chance of missing the playoffs and not winning a state championship when they are heads and toes better than any other Maryland 1A team. This would also mean that Fort Hill would play no local teams. Is everyone okay with that?

It really is time to put this whole schedule thing to bed. It has been discussed on here countless times and it is getting old to be honest. If you have a problem with Fort Hill's scheduling, Fort Hill winning back-to-back-to-back-to-back state championships... here is a novel idea... why don't you just beat them and settle it once and for all.

Well said!!

Can you say injudicatus?

In "legalese" and by your own admission, your arguments are all void ab initio.

The only rankings that matter are the current regional rankings. Currently, Fort Hill is ranked #1 in the 1A West Region.

Games are played on the field and not on a message board.

End of story.

Peace to all. :)

Your legalese invalidates your own argument because it could be challenged by anyone at any time during a fluid season. In reality, "The only rankings that matter" for the region are the ones when the season is over not from the "current" moment of you statement's existence.

We will validate FH's national ranking when they play a team of equal rank. We will validate the regional rankings when the season is over and FH plays the exact same teams I brought to question.

Both discussions are fair, forum fodder. Legalese has its own drawbacks and pitfalls anyhow.

Well, this is a forum and occasionally known to extremes that were never suggested like, "Fort Hill to schedule 10 games against Top 700 teams" or extremes that never existed like "punishing Fort Hill."

Call me Alco or old fashioned, but I would rather discuss the playoff system, FH's or Allegany's strength of schedule rather than 25 reasons why Keyser dropped FH. In fact, what you are indirectly suggesting is that we get back to personal attacks and school bashing versus discussions of what is actually going on.

Lastly, FH has no problem scheduling games. As I have posted - which nobody wanted to see - FH has played an easier schedule than Allegany so far and is cruising effortlessly to another championship. Oh Woe! is Fort Hill.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT