ADVERTISEMENT

Will the state finals be moved now that grass will be at M&T?

I know that playing at Ravens Stadium is a great experience for the kids, but I just cant get over sitting in a 95% empty stadium. It just doesn't have a good feel. I personally think Towson (11,000) and Morgan State (10,000) are good sizes for these games. We still arent going to fill those stadiums but it would have a much better atmosphere if you ask me.

Reactions: Rob_o76
Playing in Raven stadium never made sense to me .... not with the size of the crowds that non-Allegany county schools bring. Plus, would love to know how much they pay for use of the stadium.

If there were 4000 people there for the 1A game (very rough estimate), safe to say 3500 of them were of paying age...there's about 35,000 in admission. $7 a car to park...so 2000 cars is about $14,000. Give or take, the MPSSAA brought in in the neighborhood of $40 to 50,000 per game?

That sound about right? Maybe $200,000 in admission and parking. Did it go to the stadium or did MPSSAA pay portion of that? Or, is it possible that there is a low cost usage fee/ agreement between the MPSSAA (MSDE) and the Maryland Stadium Authority, two state entities?

Would the MPSSAA recoup that amount at other venues? Does the lore of M&T Stadium bring in more or less spectators?

Does the lore of M&T Stadium bring in more or less spectators?

I don't think the venue has anything to do with who comes and who doesn't. I am a Ravens fan *sigh* and I love being in that stadium but that doesn't influence my decision whether to go or not. You can bet that if Linganore was playing, I would be there, whether it was at Ravens Stadium or on a parking lot somewhere.

If anything is hurting the attendance, it's the availability of the games on TV. Why would someone who isn't affiliated with either school spend money on gas, parking and admission when they can watch it for free at home?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT