ADVERTISEMENT

When Sherando Beats Martinsburg Next Week..........

It all goes back to the obvious question- How the hell can a team qualify for a region title without playing anyone in it????

Martinsburg doesnt play Tuscarora this year. They picked up Princeton who won 4 games last year. Some of you are to quick to anoint Washington and Jefferson based on week 1 results. Washington won 2 games last year and Jefferson was a poor 7-5. Both schools recent football history has been super soft. With that said the FH schedule is hands down more difficult. Both play Sherando on the road. And a FYI for everyone, since 2010 Clearfield has posted a 57-9 record. They have won 11 or more games in each of those five seasons except last year when they only won 9 games. To demonstrate how impressive that recoed is FH is only 58-8 in the same 5 year span. Clearfield takes a back seat to no one on the FH schedule. Some of you big red fans are in for a rude awakening next Friday up in Western Pa.

CLEARFIELD FOOTBALL
2014: 9-4 record
2013: 13-1
2012: 11-1
2011: 11-2
2010: 13-1
My bad on the Mburg vs Tuscarora game. Maxpreps has/had them listed yesterday, but they are often wrong... Since that is the case, I put Fort Hill with the toughest schedule, Mburg & then Sherando.

Sherando toughest games this year will not have anything to do with Jefferson or Washington, both are cupcakes, both wanted to drop us like Mussleman did this year , tired of getting beat., but it was negotiated for them to sign another contract fortunately because we we're struggling to replace some teams we lost like Kettle Run, and Liberty . The top four toughest games on Sherando In my opinion are ranked in this order in my opinion only 1. Martinsburg 2. EasternView 3. Fort Hill 4. Louisa. 5. Millbrook 6. Then maybe Jefferson and the rest. Please don't take offense because I only know what to expect from Martinsburg year in and out, and EV has at least 3 D-1 commits, and a solid returning QB. I fully expect Fort hill to be a challenge and mean no disrespect.
I'll take your word on Eastern View, since I know nothing of them, but I would replace Louisa & Millbrook with Jefferson & Washington, in my personal opinion. Do you know Jefferson beat Millbrook 25-13 last Friday?

Last edited:
of course I know , I live here. Both teams are not very good. My apologies , if you want to put Jefferson in front of Millbrook, by all means go ahead. But I consider both teams pretty even, Jefferson does have a couple decent athletes from what I hear this year, but would have to be 30 to 40 points better than the last few years to be in the, Sherando, Martinsburg level. It's between Washington and James Wood on which of those two teams are the worse two teams that Sherando plays. In the northern part of Virginia and the West Virginia panhandle area, there are two teams Martinsburg and Sherando----- then there is a huge drop in quality of football, no other teams are on the level of these two teams. You can rank them As you see fit, but Martinsburg and Sherando will trounce every other team in this area by 30, 40 points on a consistent basis. so if you are looking for easy wins from teams in Northern Virginia, by all means schedule James wood, Millbrook , Handley , Washington, Jefferson. Hedgesville, spring mills, etc.... nobody will come to Sherando and or Martinsburg and get a easy win, sure you guys know that by now, and this year, I would consider Martinsburg and Sherando pretty close. We will find out Friday who is better.

So based on a few opinions...FORT HILL HAS THE TOUGHEST SCHEDULE OF ANYONE IN THE NORTHERN VIRGINIA / WEST VIRGINIA PANHANDLE AREA, THE WESTERN MARYLAND AREA FROM FREDERICK ON BACK! And anywhere between Cumberland and just South of Pittsburgh.

And all this for a Maryland Class 1A school.
FH is playing better schedules than Class 4A schools.
Oh man that's nuts...yet some people still complain. LOL.

I rest my schedule case.

Last edited:
Wow dudes Fort hill is in 1a!! I must be stuck in the 70's! Come on, things have change Fort Hill and Alco can't compete with Bulldog football ! But, it would be nice to invite them to the quad next year. It would fill the stadium !!!

I'm a believer that FH can gang with Mburg! They might not win even 50% of the time but they could gang.

No way Fort Hill will hang with the dogs! Those days are over. While your at it why not add Gaithersburg and Sherwood to the schedule ! Wake up dudes and smell the coffee! Todd does a great job scheduling and deserves a lot of credit. Accept it the way it is!

So based on a few opinions...FORT HILL HAS THE TOUGHEST SCHEDULE OF ANYONE IN THE NORTHERN VIRGINIA / WEST VIRGINIA PANHANDLE AREA, THE WESTERN MARYLAND AREA FROM FREDERICK ON BACK! And anywhere between Cumberland and just South of Pittsburgh.

And all this for a Maryland Class 1A school.
FH is playing better schedules than Class 4A schools.
Oh man that's nuts...yet some people still complain. LOL.

I rest my schedule case.
HAHAHAHA - Todd, I'm not sure where you got "TOUGHEST SCHEDULE OF ANYONE IN THE NORTHERN VIRGINIA...", but okay LOL... NOVA goes from Fredricksburg north to Arlington, then west into Fairfax & Loudoun, Clarke & Fredrick counties... Sherando certainly doesn't represent NOVA. As a matter of fact, the previous known Concorde district, with 6A teams, is still referred to throughout the state as "The SEC of Virginia football".

Congratulations on putting together a competitive schedule :)

No way Fort Hill will hang with the dogs! Those days are over. While your at it why not add Gaithersburg and Sherwood to the schedule ! Wake up dudes and smell the coffee! Todd does a great job scheduling and deserves a lot of credit. Accept it the way it is!
Agree! I don't hear of anyone else volunteering to do the scheduling. I surely wouldn't. We're fortunate to have someone dedicated to a 1A team who will take the time & all the frustration...

Todd is one of the best things that's happened to the area! Don't understand the correlation btwn Toods work and rather or not FH could gang w/ Mburg. He only does what he's allowed to do. And that's not really a knock on FH. You make it sound like the under dog never wins.

HAHAHAHA - Todd, I'm not sure where you got "TOUGHEST SCHEDULE OF ANYONE IN THE NORTHERN VIRGINIA...", but okay LOL... NOVA goes from Fredricksburg north to Arlington, then west into Fairfax & Loudoun, Clarke & Fredrick counties... Sherando certainly doesn't represent NOVA. As a matter of fact, the previous known Concorde district, with 6A teams, is still referred to throughout the state as "The SEC of Virginia football".

Congratulations on putting together a competitive schedule :)

I was going by the reference that hamspear used. That is why I went with the slash. Northern Virginia/West Virginia Panhandle. Oh no, I wasn't even trying to add in Northern Virginia as I know that reference, which is the DC surrounding areas. That is a league of their own.

I also refer to this area as the Western Maryland/Potomac Highlands. At least that is what it says on our phone books. That reference would probably include Allegany and Garrett Counties in Maryland along with Hampshire and Mineral Counties in WV. Even though many people in Baltimore and east think of Frederick County and Westminster as Western Maryland. Which is funny because you can still drive 3 hours west of Frederick and still be in Maryland. McDaniel College used to be Western Maryland College. That's not Western Maryland. LOL.

I was going by the reference that hamspear used. That is why I went with the slash. Northern Virginia/West Virginia Panhandle. Oh no, I wasn't even trying to add in Northern Virginia as I know that reference, which is the DC surrounding areas. That is a league of their own.

I also refer to this area as the Western Maryland/Potomac Highlands. At least that is what it says on our phone books. That reference would probably include Allegany and Garrett Counties in Maryland along with Hampshire and Mineral Counties in WV. Even though many people in Baltimore and east think of Frederick County and Westminster as Western Maryland. Which is funny because you can still drive 3 hours west of Frederick and still be in Maryland. McDaniel College used to be Western Maryland College. That's not Western Maryland. LOL.
Yeah, I assumed that is what you were referring to LOL,.. IMO, Western MD doesn't start until you get west of Hagerstown...

Enjoy the first week of the season, and here's hoping for a FH WIN in PA!!!

When I referenced Northern va , I was talking about west of the mountain . however there is not a 4A team in all of Northern virginia that I think would beat Sherando right now. there are plenty of 5A and 6A teams that would beat Sherando.

is this a home and home 2 year deal with the Warriors?

Could be reminiscent of the home and home deal we had with MHS in 2009-2010? Won big up here, lost big down there.

Yes, 2 year deal with Sherando. Next year in Cumberland.

OFFICIAL FORT HILL ENROLLMENT NUMBERS AS OF TODAY SEPTEMBER 3, 2015
Fort Hill has 868 kids in the school grades 9-12.
That is 775 students at Fort Hill and 93 students at the Career Center, which is required to be reported.

So that 868 total jives with what the MPSSAA has Fort Hill listed for grades 9-11. Some have argued that the numbers are skewed. They are not.

The Virginia site is predicting another Martinsburg win over Sherando. I disagree...
Martinsburg (WV) at Sherando...The Warriors have dropped four straight to Martinsburg getting outscored 98-13 in the process including three shutout losses. Sherando proved to be a tough road warrior team last week in topping Louisa 35-7 and they get this game at home and they get a Bulldogs team coming off a 26-24 loss to Woodson, but they'll still need to play to their peak in order to get a win...Martinsburg (WV) 23, Sherando 7

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT