ADVERTISEMENT

West region final predictions

With #15 and #7 out , can't imagine score will get any better. Gonna go with 48-15 unless FH pulls starters early for the playoff run.

Alco will play with more pride than they did in the first game but they can't stop that train from rolling on... FH by 4 scores..

Tonight was the last Pregame Show for the season on WCBC with Rock Cioni and Tim Kane. I have really enjoyed being on their broadcast each week. I will post that take on the Alco vs. Fort Hill rematch 2017.

MY FOUR POINT PLAN FOR ALCO TO BEAT FORT HILL

1. THE OBVIOUS - MISTAKE FREE FOOTBALL
- limit the penalties (huge)
- zero turnovers
- limit big plays given up including special teams

2. FORCE 2-3 PUNTS AT A MINIMUM
- They cannot allow FH to score on every possession once again.
- If Allegany isn't in a new defense (probably a 6 man front) everyone will be shocked
- Have to do better on the line of scrimmage (easier said than done)

3. STAY WITHIN TWO SCORES BY HALFTIME

4. WIN WITH OFFENSE - the most important
- The best defense is a better offense for Alco
- Ask Robinette to get at least 4 yards per carry on every hand off
- THE EDGE. Alco was absolutely no threat running on the edge at Homecoming. That has to change BIG TIME!!!

KEYS FOR FORT HILL
The Sentinels believe they are the better team so their mental approach for four quarters is the key, especially if the game is closer or they get punched more often. In short, they have to maintain the same exactly mentality they had going into Homecoming. Forget the 56-21 game. That and per usual contain Robinette. I don't see any way the Campers can win without him carrying Alco on his back, which is really nothing new. However, given their QB situation this load is now doubled. I still have no idea if #15 will play QB. If he does my guess is his mobility will be limited. Without their top 2 quarterbacks healthy, handing the ball off and success in the run game is obviously everything.

HUGE STAT
I will say this...Alco needs to score at least 28-35 points or more to have a chance. This isn't based on just Homecoming. In their four toughest games the Campers have given up 42, 38, 43 and 56 points for a total of 44.8 points per game and other than maybe Dunbar none of those teams possessed the firepower that FH maintains. The troubles with the Allegany defense has been a recurring theme.

Some heavyweight local POY candidates will be playing their last game Friday night. 3 and 4 year varsity starters on both teams. Thanks to all those young men for their hard work and dedication in making Cumberland football great.

Last edited:
I'm going to predict whoever wins will be playing Lackey. I think everybody else has Douglass but I wouldn't bet against Lackey at home. Anybody else taking Lackey?

This ones a toss-up for me but since Douglass is more battle tested and has “better losses” on their schedule, I’ll take them in a tight one. Wouldn’t be surprised if Lackey pulls it off at home though

he looks big and strong, not very fast but that's because he's so big. Hard to tell how good he is, 80% of the film he is running untouched, some of the players ran up to him and never even put their arms out, it looks like the teams in that video are the worst tacklers ever. lol
if they were playing 1 hand touch he would still have scored on most of the plays.
FH would beat that Lackey Team say 42-14

he looks big and strong, not very fast but that's because he's so big. Hard to tell how good he is, 80% of the film he is running untouched, some of the players ran up to him and never even put their arms out, it looks like the teams in that video are the worst tacklers ever. lol
if they were playing 1 hand touch he would still have scored on most of the plays.
FH would beat that Lackey Team say 42-14
Yeh I saw the exact same thing. Were they afraid to get their uniforms dirty? Hard to tell how good Lackey is from those highlights.

Reactions: bigdawgrefwmd
Alco followed my 4 point plan to a tee!!!!

1. THE OBVIOUS - MISTAKE FREE FOOTBALL
- limit the penalties (huge) - CHECK...had a few but not as many
- zero turnovers - HUGE CHECK
- limit big plays given up including special teams - HUGE CHECK...FH had no perimeter plays at all

2. FORCE 2-3 PUNTS AT A MINIMUM
- They cannot allow FH to score on every possession once again. - CHECK
- If Allegany isn't in a new defense (probably a 6 man front) everyone will be shocked - CHECK
- Have to do better on the line of scrimmage (easier said than done) - CHECK

3. STAY WITHIN TWO SCORES BY HALFTIME - MASSIVE CHECK

4. WIN WITH OFFENSE - the most important
- The best defense is a better offense for Alco - CHECK
- Ask Robinette to get at least 4 yards per carry on every hand off - PRETTY GOOD
- THE EDGE. Alco was absolutely no threat running on the edge at Homecoming. That has to change BIG TIME!!! - CHECK

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT