ADVERTISEMENT

Ridge vs Frederick

Tony54

All State Poster
Nov 17, 2018
Big game tonight. I wish I was in town to see it. What are your predictions?

I’m thinking the same thing. Patterson can flat out play. Ridge. 28 to 20

Cal preps has Frederick winning a close one

Frederick can’t punt the ball. This is why I keep talking about coaching.

Patterson 2 interceptions and probably 75 yards or more rushing plus a td pass. Mr 20 to 6. At the half

First let me say the weather SUCKED, ( lol ), but this is Ridge weather. The Miners pretty much dominated on both lines of scrimmage. Frederick really didn't move the ball much or sustain drives. Frederick's special teams was bad. Terrible snaps to the punter, thus allowing Ridge to get to the punter. On to next week.

How about that...I was right about the spread... MR is a good football Team. Their coaching is stellar.

Alco is a good, well-rounded football team. They just need to believe they can beat FH.

I hope I'm wrong and FH can pull it off again, but the state championship game this year may well be MR vs Alco. Most of you might say it's too early to tell, but we'll see.

IMHO I believe FHs problem continues to be lack of discipline and preparation. They don’t have a kid like Mikey Allen to save their butts like last year. The reason for the penalties and fumbles is poor practice habits. Kids need coached up. Complacency is the issue and lack of quality reps. How you practice is how you play. In recent years, FH has been fortunate that kids work their butts off on their own. The strength and conditioning program is and has been FH’s saving grace for years.

Reactions: Tony54
How about that...I was right about the spread... MR is a good football Team. Their coaching is stellar.

Alco is a good, well-rounded football team. They just need to believe they can beat FH.

I hope I'm wrong and FH can pull it off again, but the state championship game this year may well be MR vs Alco. Most of you might say it's too early to tell, but we'll see.
If it does happen to be ALCO vs. Ridge in Annapolis (not sure it will), then there is no excuse for Keyser not to put FH back on the schedule....

If it does happen to be ALCO vs. Ridge in Annapolis (not sure it will), then there is no excuse for Keyser not to put FH back on the schedule....
why would Frankfort care about playing Fort Hill? I mean what good does FH being on their schedule do for them? I don't see them having trouble getting games, I don't seem them having money issues on going on away trips.

Everyone who has posted observations about Ridge, and this game against Frederick, have been spot on with them. I was impressed with the Miners performance. The coaching staff at Ridge has vastly improved since Coach Patterson took over.

Let's not forget that heading into the covid shortened season of 2020, Mountain Ridge had a stretch of 8 seasons of football, and they finished with a losing record in 7 of them. Which also included a winless season and 9 seasons in a row without a spot in the playoffs. When one thinks about the fact that this program was facing such an uphill battle heading into covid, it is amazing to see where the program is now.

I still think that this Ridge team isn't as good as the 2022 version of Miners. They will get their chance to prove me wrong though. And I would be ecstatic if they did.

why would Frankfort care about playing Fort Hill? I mean what good does FH being on their schedule do for them? I don't see them having trouble getting games, I don't seem them having money issues on going on away trips.
Who said anything about Frankfort? Or did you mean Keyser.

But either way I agree with you. Frankfort is no different than having any other standard 1A sized school on the schedule, having them on the schedule wouldn't change the competitiveness level at all. 9 out of 10 times it would be a blowout and 1 out of 10 times FH would still win by a TD. I know the Frankfort fans and community are a solid bunch of people, they love their school and kids and work tirelessly to keep the program going strong. I commend them for that. But I have to just shake my head when you hear some Frankfort diehards talking about FH never playing anyone or having an easy trip to 1A titles or whatever. For THAT reason alone I would just like to have them on the schedule to shut those idiots up every year.

I do have respect for Keyser, they've gotten some shots in on FH in the past and have had some competitive games. I miss that game for the atmosphere. FH fans whining about the refs, Keyser fans whining about the refs, etc. I think that game benefits both teams schedules. But that's just me.

Okay, I'm done. Sorry for the tangent.

But either way I agree with you. Frankfort is no different than having any other standard 1A sized school on the schedule, having them on the schedule wouldn't change the competitiveness level at all. 9 out of 10 times it would be a blowout and 1 out of 10 times FH would still win by a TD. I know the Frankfort fans and community are a solid bunch of people, they love their school and kids and work tirelessly to keep the program going strong. I commend them for that. But I have to just shake my head when you hear some Frankfort diehards talking about FH never playing anyone or having an easy trip to 1A titles or whatever. For THAT reason alone I would just like to have them on the schedule to shut those idiots up every year.

I do have respect for Keyser, they've gotten some shots in on FH in the past and have had some competitive games. I miss that game for the atmosphere. FH fans whining about the refs, Keyser fans whining about the refs, etc. I think that game benefits both teams schedules. But that's just me.

Amen. I miss the atmosphere too. Keyser and Fort Hill have played some great games in the past. Gotta love the Keyser fans

Correct sorry, I meant to Type Frankfort or Keyser

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT