ADVERTISEMENT

WEEK TWO - PLAYOFF PICK'EM CONTEST

beall02

Franchise Poster
Jun 2, 2006
I will post the results from the first week of the playoff pick'em contest at some point on Wednesday, 11/13/2019, but wanted to get the games up for this week as soon as possible since it is already Wednesday.

Here are the games for this week...

Williamsport @ Fort Hill
Boonsboro @ Catoctin
Liberty Harrison @ Keyser
Nicholas County @ Frankfort

Since I am a Mountain Ridge fan, I must include the following game as well. Feel free to not pick, as it will not count towards the week's W-L record... but felt I needed to include it anyways.

Francis Scott Key vs. Mountain Ridge (BOY'S 1A SOCCER CHAMPIONSHIP)

Picks will be due by Friday, 11/15/2019, at 7 pm.

Fort Hill
Catoctin
Keyser
Frankfort

I will take the Mountain Ridge Miners to become your Class 1A Boys State Soccer Champions. Go Ridge...

FH
Catoctin
Keyser
Nicholas County (I think Frankfort probably gets this win, but I think it will be a closer game than people expect. So I'll call an upset)

MR

I will post the results from the first week of the playoff pick'em contest at some point on Wednesday, 11/13/2019, but wanted to get the games up for this week as soon as possible since it is already Wednesday.

Williamsport @ Fort Hill
Boonsboro @ Catoctin

Since I am a Mountain Ridge fan, I must include the following game as well. Feel free to not pick, as it will not count towards the week's W-L record... but felt I needed to include it anyways.

Fort hill
Catoctin
Keyser
Frankfort

MR

FH
Catoctin
Keyser,
Nicholas County ( pulling for Frankfort)

FSK ( but Go Miners! )

P.S. How many of those great athletes would have traditionally played football in the past? It's yet another reason that the football squads are smaller and less talented than 30 years ago before soccer was a popular school sport.

FH
Catoctin
Keyser,
Nicholas County ( pulling for Frankfort)

FSK ( but Go Miners! )

P.S. How many of those great athletes would have traditionally played football in the past? It's yet another reason that the football squads are smaller and less talented than 30 years ago before soccer was a popular school sport.

Speaking specifically of MR, the answer would most likely be very few to zero.

Beall, Mount Savage and Valley always had very respectable soccer programs 30+ years ago. Beall won one state championship and Mount Savage won two state championships. All three schools played in multiple state championships and/or semi-finals. Of course, MR won state titles in 2010 and 2011.

FH did not start soccer until the early to mid-80s.

Last edited:
Reactions: CrickRat23
Well perhaps I was speaking more for The Garrett County Schools who did not have Soccer programs until later in the mid 90’s I believe. I was not elevating one program over the other but just making the point that with small schools like those found in 1A , as enrollment decreases, the already small talent pool of athletic kids is diluted by the competing sports. Just an observation, not a slander towards either sport.

Speaking specifically of MR, the answer would most likely be very few to zero.

Beall, Mount Savage and Valley always had very respectable soccer programs 30+ years ago. Beall won one state championship and Mount Savage won two state championships. All three schools played in multiple state championships and/or semi-finals. Of course, MR won state titles in 2010 and 2011.

FH did not start soccer until the early to mid-80s.

Williamsport @ Fort Hill
Boonsboro @ Catoctin

Fort Hill
Catoctin
Keyser
Frankfort

Ridge

Williamsport @ Fort Hill
Boonsboro @ Catoctin

After watching both Nicholas county.and Frankfort in person, I believe Frankfort by 16 at Short Gap. Nicholas has their starting QB back, still think Frankfort runs the ball and controls the lock.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT