ADVERTISEMENT

Washington/Braddock today

cumbfanatic

Franchise Poster
Sep 13, 2009
Washington plays Braddock today at the stadium D1 2:00 and D2 4:00, there are some good players. It’s a chance to see who will be coming up to FH and Alco the next few years. I’m sure Brian H will give an update of the game.

Reactions: ConeyIsland
Patriots D1 getting one of their better players back today.
A halfback/DB that hasn’t played yet all year.

Braddock D1 thinks they got this today.
I wouldn’t be surprised if Braddock does win,, but I’ll still take the Patriots .

D1 - Keyser, Braddock and Patriots all tied for 1st place

D2 - Patriots rule the league

We will see after today. Braddock D1 and D2 beat Keyser. The only loss Braddock D1 and D2 has is from the first game of the season. Today will show where they stand. The Braddock qb is good, if he gets a chance to thrive today he is a good athlete with a strong accurate arm, a 50 yard toss is no problem for him

The Patriots are big, they have size the game will come down to who executes

D1 Patriots up 6-0 at thebhalf. These 2 teams are evenly matched. Great crowd. Every fumble or big play is meaningful. Makes me.long for the old Homecoming days. Good stuff from both sides.

Patriots have fumbled 5 times.

Last edited:
Reactions: cumbfanatic
The entire game there is one holding call and it’s when Braddock has a big run, changed it from a first and goal at the 2 to a third and 10 at the forty. What a perfect time to call the only holding call of the game lol

Reactions: camper21502
It could have been Waggle, but the flag was thrown way behind and away from the play. Just hate for the only holding flag of the game be called on that kind of play in that situation in such a good game

Last edited:
Patriots D1 getting one of their better players back today.
A halfback/DB that hasn’t played yet all year.

Braddock D1 thinks they got this today.
I wouldn’t be surprised if Braddock does win,, but I’ll still take the Patriots .

Rough estimate of player numbers on each side...D1? Any idea? Thanks.

D1 - Braddock has 17, Washington look like they had about the same. Braddock has 5 big boys with size that don’t get in a game. If you see them you would say Wow, Braddock is big, but they don’t get in at all. The size of these kids it’s hard to believe they didn’t work to develop them this year, what a shame.

The entire game there is one holding call and it’s when Braddock has a big run, changed it from a first and goal at the 2 to a third and 10 at the forty. What a perfect time to call the only holding call of the game lol

There were surprisingly few holding calls, but there was more than one. For both teams. I loved the excitement, the crowd...and while I NEVER condone fighting, I did like the passion they all showed on the field - not too many times you see the kicker getting into a fracas.

This game came down to taking advantage of mistakes, and capitalizing on field position. It was very evenly matched, and I think the Braddock coaches called a fantastic game and had the kids super pumped up. But the game was won (and lost) on the line. The Patriots D-line, more specifically their two monster tackles #50 and #41, were really clutch when they needed it. Braddock had a couple 4th and shorts/goaline stands that were shut down by the defense. Including an unfortunate series of events that backed them up on the last couple plays of the game. The clock ticked zero just as Braddock tried a TD pass to tie it.

I hope this translates into the high school matchups we'll see over the next few years.

Reactions: camper21502
Patriots have a pretty good player that goes to Braddock. Hopefully the campers get him next yr.

D1 - Braddock has 17, Washington look like they had about the same. Braddock has 5 big boys with size that don’t get in a game. If you see them you would say Wow, Braddock is big, but they don’t get in at all. The size of these kids it’s hard to believe they didn’t work to develop them this year, what a shame.

So very true - those boys have been on the side every game without a chance to prove themselves - heck they stand on the side often times at practice. Braddock would be unstoppable with a line that big!

So very true - those boys have been on the side every game without a chance to prove themselves - heck they stand on the side often times at practice. Braddock would be unstoppable with a line that big!

Nepotism rules the roost here in Allegany County.

Reactions: 4R341
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT