ADVERTISEMENT

Tuscarora 18 Linganore 7

Yep. Tuscarora can run the table in Frederick County. Sentinels are going to be a tough out.

Yeah I know, hard to judge by scrimmages. But Tuscarora literally did nothing ones vs ones. 28-0 when the starters went out.

The solution is quite simple just schedule Liganore then.. Stop with the bravado and living vicariously through a Tuscarora scrimmage... That was my whole point for the other thread about not ragging on area schedules just so long as no one starts talking foolishly about how great their teams are and who they could play with.. Every year the chest pounding begins and the talk about playing with larger schools begins but when it comes down to scheduling these larger schools FH wants no part of it... You're just 1a remember? Don't bark if you aren't willing to run with the big dogs!

Last edited:
The solution is quite simple just schedule Liganore then.. Stop with the bravado and living vicariously through a Tuscarora scrimmage... That was my whole point for the other thread about not ragging on area schedules just so long as no one starts talking foolishly about how great their teams are and who they could play with.. Every year the chest pounding begins and the talk about playing with larger schools begins but when it comes down to scheduling these larger schools FH wants no part of it... You're just 1a remember? Don't bark if you aren't willing to run with the big dogs!
Savage was you at the Tuscarora scrimmage?

It's just an observation about a team FH scrimmaged. WTF Relax.

Sure it was.. Insinuating that FH could beat these teams in a regular season game.. And last time I checked this is a message board. If you can type your opinion I can type mine.. So "wtf" you relax

Last edited:
How but I just pound my chest. Pound pound pound. 3 peat state champs. Oh yea feels good.

How but I just pound my chest. Pound pound pound. 3 peat state champs. Oh yea feels good.

Congrats I'm a FH grad I hope they can win 4 in a row against 1a competition. So you can pound your chest some more and live vicariously through scrimmages...

Reactions: BoyznBlue
Nobody insinuated Fort Hill would beat those teams The insinuation is that it goes towards showing they should beat the teams they do play.

And pound the chest we shall. Oh yea. Living vicariously through 4 rings. Pound pound pound pound.

Broken Record, so played out. For a smart guy you sure are a One Trick Pony on the message boards. Try branching out.

FH might beat Linganore this year if they played. That doesnt insinuate anything other than FH is very good this year.

No one of any real sense and sensibility would read much more into it than that. Those of us who know bigsavage know where his angst comes from.

Reactions: towpath94
FH might beat Linganore this year if they played. That doesnt insinuate anything other than FH is very good this year.

No one of any real sense and sensibility would read much more into it than that. Those of us who know bigsavage know where his angst comes from.

Awwwwww shhhhhhiii.... I knew it!!! Dude is bitter for a reason!!!

Dude can't realize the comments purpose. It's about gauging your team's current, and possible ability! NOT going around beating all the schools he feels we should play for "legitimate" chest pounding...

Reactions: towpath94
I started the thread. I was just pointing out that tusc beat linganore soundly. FH's 1s looked better than tuscs 1s in the first half of that scrimmage. That is this year. May never happen again. Do I think FH should sched linganore? No I don't. Since its been such a hot subject here's my perfect schedule for the sentinels considering all factors:
1 Brunswick (1a and they are willing)
2 keyser( local and competitive)
3 south ( an average 3a school)
4 north (same)
5 boonesboro( 1a rival and solid)
6 sherando (competitive-nice points if u can beat them)
7 holidaysburg ( good tradition, close, potential for a solid game)
8 mountain ridge(2a local team- proximity makes this a no brainier)
9 Kent island (solid 2a competition of late)
10 alco(it's alco)
This would be my ideal sched for a typical FH team. It's not over scheduling and it's reasonable. The stadium would be packed every week except Brunswick and ridge. No silver oaks or capital Christians. I know helmick well an I know he would love this schedule as well.

I started the thread. I was just pointing out that tusc beat linganore soundly. FH's 1s looked better than tuscs 1s in the first half of that scrimmage. That is this year. May never happen again. Do I think FH should sched linganore? No I don't.

Just for clarification, Tuscarora did not beat Linganore "soundly." It was a 12-7 game until early in the 4th when Linganore inexplicably attempted to return a punt from the 4 yard line and fumbled. To be honest, I was not impressed with what has been referred to as most likely the best team in Tuscarora history. I personally thought Linganore did a great job defensively in neutralizing Tuscarora's speed. Linganore's issue was on the o-line and 3 missed open receivers that most likely would have went for TD's was the difference in the game.

Linganore is incredibly young and Fort Hill most likely would win a matchup this year. It's going to be an uphill battle for Linganore to make the playoffs and honestly, I'm not sure if Tuscarora will make it either.

Ok lancer. Thx for the clarification. Linganore has a tremendous program. I was basing my opinion off of the score. My bad. Good luck the rest of the way

Ok lancer. Thx for the clarification. Linganore has a tremendous program. I was basing my opinion off of the score. My bad. Good luck the rest of the way

Not a problem! Sometimes scores can be deceiving.

And please don't take my opinion of Tuscarora as a knock on Fort Hill, because that was not my intention at all.

Lol here we go...

I have to comment on the hypocrisy of some (not all) people on this board, lol - Last year when FH didn't look good in the DuVal scrimmage, I heard, "It's just a scrimmage," "You really can't tell anything from a scrimmage," "Why are we even talking about scrimmages." But this year they evidently looked good scrimmaging Tuscarora and all of a sudden scrimmages are extremely important, lol.

I have to comment on the hypocrisy of some (not all) people on this board, lol - Last year when FH didn't look good in the DuVal scrimmage, I heard, "It's just a scrimmage," "You really can't tell anything from a scrimmage," "Why are we even talking about scrimmages." But this year they evidently looked good scrimmaging Tuscarora and all of a sudden scrimmages are extremely important, lol.

Excellent point boyznblue, typical homerism.

Was it the exact same people? If so, guilty as charged. Take the time to furnish proof that it was and you got em. Otherwise, blah, blah, blah, there are numerous posters here, not one person doing the talking.

if you are talking about me, I never commented on the duval scrimmage. I commented on this years scrimmage because I was there and watched fh beat their ass

my personal thoughts on a scrimmage is this. when its 1's vs 1's it can be telling, outside of that its just to see what you have depth wise and its game speed moreso than what you get against the scout team. I didn't crown fh world beaters because they manhandle Tuscarora, I simply stated that fh's showing that nite backed up the hype of this years team. ease up

Definitely hard to tell much from scrimmages, in fact I said that verbatim a few posts up. Didn't see anyone say "extremely important"..though some (not all) people thought that it looked favorable to do so well against a decent school.

Was it the exact same people? If so, guilty as charged. Take the time to furnish proof that it was and you got em. Otherwise, blah, blah, blah, there are numerous posters here, not one person doing the talking.

If the shoe doesn't fit you don't have to wear it.

I don't know about that? After seeing FH in the quad last year I thought we were done! That QB on Wilson threw the same pass to the same spot 3 plays in a row, and we couldn't stop it. I thought for sure last season was gonna be a bust.

Also the Alco players were sitting next to me watching the quad, and made a lot of comments of how badly they were gonna man handle FH after seeing them in the quad. Just a lot less pleasant language!

Agree process. Like the NFL I try to focus on what the first groups do early but either way everyone knows it's a scrimmage. You would figure that doesn't need stated. When I read your original post I didn't think you were annointing FH king of 3A football.

But the hypocrisy of the FH haters on here are too easy as they wear their disdain for FH football on their sleeves. Lol. Oh they will tell you they don't hate FH but the only thing they type here is FH stuff with 98% of it negative. Savage has typed the same thing about the schedule 5000 times when whether right or wrong we all read it the 100th time which should have been enough. Now that is a true Cumberland repetitive dude. They keep harping about FH fans beating chests, homerism, whatever when they are the opposite 20 fold. Must suck deep down to see FH roll in record style. If FH can finish in the Top 10 of the state media poll Boyz head might explode. Hahahahaha. It would be refreshing to see him talk something else not revolving around anti FH.

Last edited:
Reactions: GenSneaky
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT