ADVERTISEMENT

This board will be on suicide watch when...

Geno60

Junior Varsity Reader
Sep 2, 2019
Bishop Walsh starts their football program and begins to take players from Fort Hill. I'm sure they will get kids from many local schools because while they'll surely bring in kids from outside the area they'll have to have local kids also. Fort Hill's fan base is different then most because so many of their fans entire identity is based on Fort Hill's success on the football field.Fort Hill's already lost a basketball player who would've starting as a freshman this year but they don't care about basketball but wait until they start losing football players to Walsh.

Bishop Walsh starts their football program and begins to take players from Fort Hill. I'm sure they will get kids from many local schools because while they'll surely bring in kids from outside the area they'll have to have local kids also. Fort Hill's fan base is different then most because so many of their fans entire identity is based on Fort Hill's success on the football field.Fort Hill's already lost a basketball player who would've starting as a freshman this year but they don't care about basketball but wait until they start losing football players to Walsh.

We had this discussion in a couple other threads. I look for BW to start a team, but it will be years before they can prove their worth, especially with no youth league presence at all. I really don't foresee FH bound kids flipping to BW right away, though you may see Allegany players doing so if the program is still struggling. Until Fort Hill starts sliding away from their success or if BW gains traction and becomes a statewide/regional/national power football team, I doubt FH numbers will be affected. It can be done, but achieving the quick success as the BW basketball team will not be as easy to duplicate for football.

E
We had this discussion in a couple other threads. I look for BW to start a team, but it will be years before they can prove their worth, especially with no youth league presence at all. I really don't foresee FH bound kids flipping to BW right away, though you may see Allegany players doing so if the program is still struggling. Until Fort Hill starts sliding away from their success or if BW gains traction and becomes a statewide/regional/national power football team, I doubt FH numbers will be affected. It can be done, but achieving the quick success as the BW basketball team will not be as easy to duplicate for football.

Exactly right. FH's foundation lies within their coaching staff. The only way BW could make a dent in local programs is if they brought in a head coach with a big name who also brought in dynamic assistants and then that combo both recruited and developed players at an impressive rate.

Football is a very unique sport where doing what I just explained is very hard to do, especially from scratch.

".... One ringee dingee... Two ringee dingees...."

As long as FH hands out the gimme-ringee... dingees they will keep the Conch Shell.

Hey Geno.
I see you like to stir the pot on here. That’s great I think it makes it more interesting. Let me explain something to you that almost all fort Hill fans know and almost no one from Allegheny has a clue. It’s not the players that make Fort Hill great it’s the program. That’s why fort hill can run 4 to 5 different running backs with basically no drop off in talent or yardage. When Ty Johnson was here he didn’t run the ball nearly as much as a Allegany running back does. I already know what you’re going to say next. It’s because Fort Hill has so many great players. Let me pose this question to you. last year fort hills defensive line crushed all of its opponents from the second half of the season through the playoffs. How many of those players are playing college football. Even at the Division III level. The reality is almost no other high school football team has a running back that weighs 140 pounds also. They wouldn’t even get on the field. If by chance one or two players defect to Bishop Walsh it won’t make any difference. Fort Hill will still be wining and you will still be crying about how unfair it is to grow up on the south side
Kids grow bigger. Wah
Kids are faster. Wah
Kids are tougher. Wah
there are more of them. Wah

If BW has a football team in time for next fall of 2020 - which they will not - Alco football would lose half their kids to them. FH not so much. BW won't give this football thing a go until 2021. In the mean time the Allegany County schools are dropping BW in every sport boys and girls. Expect an announcement coming soon as they are putting soccer schedules together now. Then all hell is going to break loose before BW can even field that football team. This all began when BW started successfully recruiting a chunk of female athletes, not males. It will be a fight for survival in this crazy little mountain town.

Hey Geno.
I see you like to stir the pot on here. That’s great I think it makes it more interesting. Let me explain something to you that almost all fort Hill fans know and almost no one from Allegheny has a clue. It’s not the players that make Fort Hill great it’s the program. That’s why fort hill can run 4 to 5 different running backs with basically no drop off in talent or yardage. When Ty Johnson was here he didn’t run the ball nearly as much as a Allegany running back does. I already know what you’re going to say next. It’s because Fort Hill has so many great players. Let me pose this question to you. last year fort hills defensive line crushed all of its opponents from the second half of the season through the playoffs. How many of those players are playing college football. Even at the Division III level. The reality is almost no other high school football team has a running back that weighs 140 pounds also. They wouldn’t even get on the field. If by chance one or two players defect to Bishop Walsh it won’t make any difference. Fort Hill will still be wining and you will still be crying about how unfair it is to grow up on the south side
Kids grow bigger. Wah
Kids are faster. Wah
Kids are tougher. Wah
there are more of them. Wah
This cat ain't got his shit together he just wants it to be that way. I really dont see bw getting a football program started i don't think the funds will be there equipment a field totally apposed to them using greenway. Its a pipe dream

There will be Football at Bishop Walsh in 2021 but I don't foresee them taking really any local kids at all other than a few that get mad at Allegany and leave for that reason.
They will have 30-40 kids from out of the area coming here to play for a Top Notch Coach from out of the area and they will have the backing from Nike and will build it up just like they have done with Basketball already. I think some of you don't understand the financial backing they have from Nike and or Alum/Boosters. Look for a Stadium renovation with lights and turf installed by 2023 and a Top 5 Program Year in Year out in The State of Maryland that is competing With Dematha.
They are getting a kid from Cumberland for Basketball but that's going to be very rare that any of the Cumberland kids could get playing time at BW for Basketball or Football.
Also it's pretty much a done deal that they won't play some local Schools in other Sports but they will just go out to the rest of the area and still play teams in those sports like Soccer, Girls Softball, Volleyball etc.
The other Schools in the area don't take it personally like is happening in Cumberland. This happens everywhere, Martinsburg has taken athletes from 2 Counties for years and yet all the teams from their surrounding area still plays them, it's really just people that get butt hurt and whine about that makes it something it really is Not. Don't be surprised if the Girl's Softball Teams comes back in a few years and becomes a National Power as well, now that might hurt the local schools if all of the good players go there with recruits from out of area as well but the locals all go to Allegany as it is.
it's Coming................................................. STAY TUNED!!!

Geno be like, it's raining, ain't going nowhere, ain't got squat to do, let's stoke some red-jackets for fun.

Man I'm stuck using red-jackets...love it! Ha, thanks lags

Reactions: Tony54
Nike doesn't sponsor football. BW is shooting for a 40-50 man football roster to to go where they want. Many of that will have to be local. They will try. If they succeed Alco will fold.

But this isn't about male sports right now. More about girls. That was the final straw pretty much.

The difference with Martinsburg is they are a county public school not private and all those schools are in a local league and mandated to pkay each other. If they were not many of those schools would drop Martinsburg in football fast.

BW will likely be ok because they want to go national. They will just have to fill schedules for all sports outside the county they reside in.

They are taking care of these Sports Programs nicely and this was 2015
Also I'm sure You understand there is still a lot of Money up on Haystack Mountain. I don't think when all is said and done and the money coming in that Bishop Walsh will care if Fort Hill, Allegany or Mountain Ridge play them in other Sports because then it will just get worse for those County Schools as they will go out and cherry pick those kids that they want to add to those sports and offer them to go there TOTALLY FREE and Play for a Nationally Ranked Team.
The funny part is the Local School Board acting like well if we tell them we won't play them in any sports they will just fold up, No that's not how it will happen, they will just put a hurting on you from all angles and make it hurt in many other ways. Bishop Walsh owes The Allegany County Board of Education nothing, The School is Private and The Goal is To Have More Students and Make More Money and get more Notoriety for their Students and Student Athletes. The Board of Education would of been better to try to make a deal with the BW on not coming in to take local kids by trying to lure them away for sports but instead they want to fire a gun shot warning at someone that has the Money and Means to CRUSH THEM FROM ALL SIDES!!
I've been saying for 10 years Consolidation was the key for Cumberland but now it might have to happen if these people play games and it backfires in their face, so maybe this will turn out to be a GREAT THING for Bishop Walsh and Cumberland City High :)

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...onsorships-nike-adidas-under-armour/29304499/

Martinsburg has taken athletes from 2 Counties for years and yet all the teams from their surrounding area still plays them, it's really just people that get butt hurt and whine about that makes it something it really is Not. Don't be surprised if the Girl's Softball Teams comes back in a few years and becomes a National Power as well, now that might hurt the local schools if all of the good players go there with recruits from out of area as well but the locals all go to Allegany as it is.

But Martinsburg is a public school and also does not have an actual FUND put aside to PAY the tuition for local players to go there. Which BW openly admitted to at the football meeting a few months ago.

Martsinsburg, like FH, does get kids from other districts, but they aren't recruiting. Kids just gravitate where the success is. BW will be actively trying to recruit. Perfectly legal for them, but I totally get the local schools' reactions to that tactic.

What I like about this BW talk is the local BW folks claiming ownership of the success from people that probably couldn’t pick Cumberland out on a map before they got here. FH is south Cumberland. That’s it. So this BW support from the locals is unauthentic and manufactured. Ask the locals whose kids lost spots to these D1 athletes. Fort hill, Allegany Keyser, Northern and Southern and Ridge are local kids playing for their local high schools with legit feeling about the school that’s on the front of that jersey. This BW thing is to promote kids that will never set up here. Means nothing to me.

Yes BW is looking for a football sponsor. It won't be Nike.

I dont think the BOE cares about what BW is doing. Just go do it against other schools doing the same thing (see basketball schedule). If BW has that much money you are correct, they will travel to play soccer, softball, tennis, baseball, football and basketball at all levels boys and girls and it will cost a fortune. FYI, BW already has plucked a girl from Hampshire and now they are not going to bend over and accept it. If you think BW is only "going after" Cumberland kids that would be a horrible assumption.

I look forward to more newspaper letters to the editor from former BW coaches and grads crying about how unfair the county schools are treating BW. It won't be just boys soccer.

Just reaffirming what you said in the opposite direction, the Allegany County Board of Education owes BW nothing.

Last edited:
They are taking care of these Sports Programs nicely and this was 2015
Also I'm sure You understand there is still a lot of Money up on Haystack Mountain. I don't think when all is said and done and the money coming in that Bishop Walsh will care if Fort Hill, Allegany or Mountain Ridge play them in other Sports because then it will just get worse for those County Schools as they will go out and cherry pick those kids that they want to add to those sports and offer them to go there TOTALLY FREE and Play for a Nationally Ranked Team.
The funny part is the Local School Board acting like well if we tell them we won't play them in any sports they will just fold up, No that's not how it will happen, they will just put a hurting on you from all angles and make it hurt in many other ways. Bishop Walsh owes The Allegany County Board of Education nothing, The School is Private and The Goal is To Have More Students and Make More Money and get more Notoriety for their Students and Student Athletes. The Board of Education would of been better to try to make a deal with the BW on not coming in to take local kids by trying to lure them away for sports but instead they want to fire a gun shot warning at someone that has the Money and Means to CRUSH THEM FROM ALL SIDES!!
I've been saying for 10 years Consolidation was the key for Cumberland but now it might have to happen if these people play games and it backfires in their face, so maybe this will turn out to be a GREAT THING for Bishop Walsh and Cumberland City High :)

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...onsorships-nike-adidas-under-armour/29304499/
You give Spartacus way to much credit failed lab experiment is what it will be. The basketball team will probably fizzle out in years to come.

Yes BW is looking for a football sponsor. It won't be Nike.

I dont think the BOE cares about what BW is doing. Just go do it against other schools doing the same thing (see basketball schedule). If BW has that much money you are correct, they will travel to play soccer, softball, tennis, baseball, football and basketball at all levels boys and girls and it will cost a fortune. FYI, BW already has plucked a girl from Hampshire and now they are not going to bend over and accept it. If you think BW is only "going after" Cumberland kids that would be a horrible assumption.

I look forward to more newspaper letters to the editor from former BW coaches and grads crying about how unfair the county schools are treating BW. It won't be just boys soccer.

Just reaffirming what you said in the opposite direction, the Allegany County Board of Education owes BW nothing.
Kids have been leaving these Schools for Years When I was a Walsh in the 90's we had players from Cumberland, Garrett County, Mineral County and Hampshire County.
it's not new, that's what a Private School offers is for kids that don't want to go to their public School for many reasons whether it's Academics or Athletics shouldn't matter. I don't Blame the Local Schools for Not Playing them in Football or Basketball when they are bringing kids in from all over the World but when they say we will drop all other sports, I say that's Your Death Because it will only get worse for You.

BW Will likely go get players from everywhere. that's what happens in the World Especially when it's for Profit and Survival.
Hypothetical: HMM imagine if they went and got Rick Twigg from Allegany to Coach Softball and then girls from all over the area that travel on these summer travel teams just decide to go there and play softball and they can all do it legally and then they play a 30 games schedule instead of 15 or so that MPSSAA allows.
Or how bout this Hypothetical: On a Friday Night They Have Teams Like

St Frances Academy #5 USA Today
Dematha Always a National Power
IMG Fla #10 USA Today
Gonzaga #17 USA Today
Playing Bishop Walsh Under The Lights on Haystack Mountain and There's a Game at Greenway at the same time, where do you think football fans other than the parents will be??????????

I'm just saying one side can say or do only so much because it's 3 Local County Schools and a few others complaining but I know the other side can put more of a hurting on those schools than they can dish out.
The Worst thing those Schools can do is drop them in All Sports. They can then in Return go pluck players away and like stated before could do much worse by having big games on the same nights in basketball and football.
it could hurt in Sports Sponsors for all kinds of things to those local Schools.
Also these same people can also Vote for The Next School Board and make changes.
I just don't get when people try to fight when they have one hand tied behind their back and the people they make their Enemy that is doing what it needs to do to survive, but has more Fire Power to Win No Matter What Happens..... kinda like The Board of Ed with The WCBC Lawsuit..... We all knew what was going to happen.

But this is not 20 years ago. That's what you and most egos can't grasp. It's now a fight to even field athletic teams at the city schools. Take just one or two of the best players and it hurts. Look no further than the current state of Alco football to understand.

I dont know where you get this idea BW will come after local kids more. They already are. Saying the worst thing the county schools can do is dropping BW in all sports is backwards thinking. I dont see that hurting the county schools in the least. It will hurt BW financially but since they have a ton of money pouting in all of the sudden it won't matter.

In case you didn't notice Alco already droped BW in all sports. FH and Mtn Ridge will follow suite and from what I understand its going to be announced shortly unless some major concessions can be reached. It's a fight to survive dude. No oNE is going to sit by and do nothing while BW aggressively recruits what few athletes are left around here. Back in the day it didn't matter.

What's crazy is that none of this is even about football right now.

Geno be like, it's raining, ain't going nowhere, ain't got squat to do, let's stoke some red-jackets for fun.

Man I'm stuck using red-jackets...love it! Ha, thanks lags

Ha Ha.You're right.Fort Hill fans are so easy because in their minds the success the KIDS at Fort Hill are having is somehow their success too.
It's easy to get in their heads because theres nothing else in there.

But when it comes to BW football if they get it going Fort Hill will lose kids to BW.They'll never bring in all the kids they need to do the football thing so they'll have to have some local kids.And they're going to be telling parents we're playing national teams and your son will have a better chance at a scholarship because of the exposure they'll get with us.That will happen and anyone that doesn't believe that is in denial.Just like the basketball player fron Fort Hill who's going to BW.

Ha Ha.You're right.Fort Hill fans are so easy because in their minds the success the KIDS at Fort Hill are having is somehow their success too.
It's easy to get in their heads because theres nothing else in there.

But when it comes to BW football if they get it going Fort Hill will lose kids to BW.They'll never bring in all the kids they need to do the football thing so they'll have to have some local kids.And they're going to be telling parents we're playing national teams and your son will have a better chance at a scholarship because of the exposure they'll get with us.That will happen and anyone that doesn't believe that is in denial.Just like the basketball player fron Fort Hill who's going to BW.
The kid you’re talking about was good at football also. Trust me it won’t matter. Fort Hill will find three people to take his place

Reactions: Blueandgold45
Woke up this morning to the sunshine, sure as heck feels just like rain. I know where to go on a cloudy day. Oh rainy day forum, I never seem to see you for the good times or the sunshine. You have been a friend of mine, rainy day forum.

Woke up this morning to the sunshine, sure as heck feels just like rain. I know where to go on a cloudy day. Oh rainy day forum, I never seem to see you for the good times or the sunshine. You have been a friend of mine, rainy day forum.
You know geno reminds me of a country song by the great George Jones were born an ass hole

Will you be on a suicide watch when Keyser loses kids to BW for football?

There will be Football at Bishop Walsh in 2021 but I don't foresee them taking really any local kids at all other than a few that get mad at Allegany and leave for that reason.
They will have 30-40 kids from out of the area coming here to play for a Top Notch Coach from out of the area and they will have the backing from Nike and will build it up just like they have done with Basketball already. I think some of you don't understand the financial backing they have from Nike and or Alum/Boosters. Look for a Stadium renovation with lights and turf installed by 2023 and a Top 5 Program Year in Year out in The State of Maryland that is competing With Dematha.
They are getting a kid from Cumberland for Basketball but that's going to be very rare that any of the Cumberland kids could get playing time at BW for Basketball or Football.
Also it's pretty much a done deal that they won't play some local Schools in other Sports but they will just go out to the rest of the area and still play teams in those sports like Soccer, Girls Softball, Volleyball etc.
The other Schools in the area don't take it personally like is happening in Cumberland. This happens everywhere, Martinsburg has taken athletes from 2 Counties for years and yet all the teams from their surrounding area still plays them, it's really just people that get butt hurt and whine about that makes it something it really is Not. Don't be surprised if the Girl's Softball Teams comes back in a few years and becomes a National Power as well, now that might hurt the local schools if all of the good players go there with recruits from out of area as well but the locals all go to Allegany as it is.
BW hasn't played Alco varsity softball in three years

BW hasn't played Alco varsity softball in three years
I didn't say they did, I'm saying The Board of Education keeps fooling around and BW could sweep in and take all the best girls in the area, a Head Coach and Build an All-Star Team from the area and also bring in players from out of Area and Travel and play big time softball. it's was a Hypothetical that when The Board of Education starts playing around saying this or that, the other side can respond and make it much worse in return. One Side is Public School with Rules and The other is a Private School/Business that doesn't have to play by those same rules and it could end up getting ugly Locally

What I like about this BW talk is the local BW folks claiming ownership of the success from people that probably couldn’t pick Cumberland out on a map before they got here. FH is south Cumberland. That’s it. So this BW support from the locals is unauthentic and manufactured. Ask the locals whose kids lost spots to these D1 athletes. Fort hill, Allegany Keyser, Northern and Southern and Ridge are local kids playing for their local high schools with legit feeling about the school that’s on the front of that jersey. This BW thing is to promote kids that will never set up here. Means nothing to me.

This post says it all. May be the best post I've ever read on here. Spot on.

I agree. I’m not interested in BW talk at all. I could care less if they win or lose. They aren’t vested in this area

Geno probably thinks Duckies' has the best wings in the tri-state and that Westport has the best steak sub.

Not mentioning Castiglia's.....we're all aware of their untouchable price per portion ratio.

Geno probably thinks Duckies' has the best wings in the tri-state and that Westport has the best steak sub.

Not mentioning Castiglia's.....we're all aware of their untouchable price per portion ratio.

Until Castiglia's starts baking bread and calzones again, they are dead to me.

Reactions: CrickRat23
Geno is only here to stir the pot. A couple weeks ago on the WV forum he was making up total lies why Keyser dropped FH and then trashed Cumberland so bad the moderator had to call his hand.
Why anybody from keyser would trash Cumberland i don't know i mean the last time FH beat the shit out of keyser me and my son stopped at sheetz for gas and the police and rescue squad were in the parking lot for an od in a car at the gas pump.

And let's not forget about filthy ass Piedmont and then there's elk garden might as well be lawless sheriff's deputies won't even go up there alone all part of keyser school district better look in his own backyard before trashing someone else's

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT