ADVERTISEMENT

THE WESTERN MARYLAND FOOTBALL THREAD

Yes, the awards should really only be based on the regular season anyway if you are truly comparing players over the same volume of work. So in that case , they had an extra 4-6 weeks even before the state championship games were played. It just seems it should not be that hard to get a group of people to decide on this . I mean with the internet and email , they do not even have to physically meet in order to pick the winners. It just seems to me that what should be a proud high school moment and nice area recognition means less to these young men when they find out about it during their freshman year of college.

Yes, the awards should really only be based on the regular season anyway if you are truly comparing players over the same volume of work. So in that case , they had an extra 4-6 weeks even before the state championship games were played. It just seems it should not be that hard to get a group of people to decide on this . I mean with the internet and email , they do not even have to physically meet in order to pick the winners. It just seems to me that what should be a proud high school moment and nice area recognition means less to these young men when they find out about it during their freshman year of college.

Last year I think it was the middle of February before it came out. I think Helmick explained last year that it's mainly because of cut backs at the Times-News, it's hard covering every day sports assignments and doing these specialty features.

rumor is they are meeting at Cas Taylor's in late January. Just waiting for confirmation from the delegation from Bruce and Beall.

The top awards have to be announced before the Dapper Dan Dinner. The First and Second Teams I have no idea.

Towpath, you must have missed the Memo, the meeting is his Saturday at Charlie’s Paddock on the Avenue. Something about the Bishop Walsh delegation not being able make it to Cas Taylor’s.

Reactions: towpath94
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT