George W. Bush was president

Apple Computer announces the release of the very first iPhone

Barry Bonds breaks Hank Aaron's home run record hitting his 756th home run

Tiger Woods wins PGA Championship and 13th career major

Oscar for Best Picture: The Departed

Prince played halftime at the Super Bowl

Grammy for Best New Artist went to Carrie Underwood

Barry Lattimer was the head football coach at Fort Hill High School

A 4A deep bench kicks the shit out of a barely fielded, scrabbling team across town and this is your summary for the day? Visions of a neighborhood kid wondering when the last time he let the other kid down the street keep all of his Halloween candy.

Look around the sinking town. FH has always been a bigger school, but the current lopsided situation is a death knell. Most folks would only show gratitude in having most of the talent in the city to take into the 1A playoffs. (Gees! Think of that.... 1A now.)

Considering the playoffs, remind me again when FH beat Dunbar? Know what.... Maybe FH should get through this damn season without karma biting it in the ass again.

Did you ever think the 'gods of football' would not reward certain teams? Appel dumps on a player's grades in a media interview and 'the spirits' say, "Not this guy... Not this time."

Instead of musing over hollow victories, maybe FH should carry some thankfulness into the playoffs. Maybe get a different result.

Reactions: BoyznBlue
A 4A deep bench kicks the shit out of a barely fielded, scrabbling team across town and this is your summary for the day? Visions of a neighborhood kid wondering when the last time he let the other kid down the street keep all of his Halloween candy.

Look around the sinking town. FH has always been a bigger school, but the current lopsided situation is a death knell. Most folks would only show gratitude in having most of the talent in the city to take into the 1A playoffs. (Gees! Think of that.... 1A now.)

Considering the playoffs, remind me again when FH beat Dunbar? Know what.... Maybe FH should get through this damn season without karma biting it in the ass again.

Did you ever think the 'gods of football' would not reward certain teams? Appel dumps on a player's grades in a media interview and 'the spirits' say, "Not this guy... Not this time."

Instead of musing over hollow victories, maybe FH should carry some thankfulness into the playoffs. Maybe get a different result.

Maybe instead of crying a river about their cross town rival, some should question what they need to do to help their school return to their former level of competitiveness and meet the bar raised by their rival.....just sayin.

ALCO WON HOMECOMING:

George W. Bush was president

Apple Computer announces the release of the very first iPhone

Barry Bonds breaks Hank Aaron's home run record hitting his 756th home run

Tiger Woods wins PGA Championship and 13th career major

Oscar for Best Picture: The Departed

Prince played halftime at the Super Bowl

Grammy for Best New Artist went to Carrie Underwood

Barry Lattimer was the head football coach at Fort Hill High School
C'mon, dude. Be a graceful winner. Let's work to unite Cumberland instead of continuing to divide. Ultimately, it's about Cumberland versus the rest of the state. They're gunning for FH because Allegany is down. They hate the success this small town has had in football. Trust me, if the table was turned, they'd be gunning for Allegany. And I'd hope we (FH supporters) would be defending our neighbors.

This is one of the reasons Allegany fans lol their Ass off everytime Dunbar makes them look stupid and all FH can do is cry sbout it. This is one reason FH has a horrible reputation for sportsmanship. BTW when did FH when 8 football titles? They might have IDK lol, I don't remember them winning many. I think they stole a few when the competition moved up to 2A. Have they won 8 yet like Allegany??

Reactions: Lagmeister
This is one of the reasons Allegany fans lol their Ass off everytime Dunbar makes them look stupid and all FH can do is cry sbout it. This is one reason FH has a horrible reputation for sportsmanship. BTW when did FH when 8 football titles? They might have IDK lol, I don't remember them winning many. I think they stole a few when the competition moved up to 2A. Have they won 8 yet like Allegany??
Why aren’t the allegany posters on the basketball message board yet?

BTW Allegany beat Dunbar and FH more recent than FH beat Dunbar. When did FH last beat Dunbar 2007 lololololololol. Allegany beat Dunbar 2017 and FH 2009. Hahaha

Reactions: Lagmeister
Maybe instead of crying a river about their cross town rival, some should question what they need to do to help their school return to their former level of competitiveness and meet the bar raised by their rival.....just sayin.

Pick on someone your own bench size and beat them. Until then you should shut your yap and be grateful for what the city gives you.

Look at it this way... The last time Alco won a state championship in football was when the current team was barely out of diapers.

Reactions: cumbfanatic
Some people a little touchy this morning?

Yes FH fans will be here when WeHave8 and others like him make their only post of the year when someone else actually ends the FH season. Might not even be Dunbar this year. Southern or Catoctin could easily pull it off as this FH is far from unbeatable.

Or maybe even Lag who at least this year didn't disappear homecoming day only to return the minute FH got beat.

Dunbar , Dunbar, 8 titles in the 1980s, blah, blah. This thread is about FH dominating Alco. Many of you will have plenty of time to rejoice when someone else beats FH. Because at this point that's all you obviously have. LOL.

Lighten up folks. Consolidation is just around the corner and this will all be over. Then we can all hold hands together and make Cumberland great again.

C'mon, dude. Be a graceful winner. Let's work to unite Cumberland instead of continuing to divide. Ultimately, it's about Cumberland versus the rest of the state. They're gunning for FH because Allegany is down. They hate the success this small town has had in football. Trust me, if the table was turned, they'd be gunning for Allegany. And I'd hope we (FH supporters) would be defending our neighbors.
Be graceful? You have been on here a long time so you should know he does this every yr. BrianH is one of them guys that make the visitors feel so welcome @ Greenway..

Reactions: bigsavage
Some people a little touchy this morning?

Yes FH fans will be here when WeHave8 and others like him make their only post of the year when someone else actually ends the FH season. Might not even be Dunbar this year. Southern or Catoctin could easily pull it off as this FH is far from unbeatable.

Or maybe even Lag who at least this year didn't disappear homecoming day only to return the minute FH got beat.

Dunbar , Dunbar, 8 titles in the 1980s, blah, blah. This thread is about FH dominating Alco. Many of you will have plenty of time to rejoice when someone else beats FH. Because at this point that's all you obviously have. LOL.

Lighten up folks. Consolidation is just around the corner and this will all be over. Then we can all hold hands together and make Cumberland great again.

Yes. Rest assured. I am waiting in the wings. By the way, I told you at the end of last year that Friendship Colleg. wouldn't be on the schedule this year.

Yes. Rest assured. I am waiting in the wings. By the way, I told you at the end of last year that Friendship Colleg. wouldn't be on the schedule this year.

Exactly. I mean who else are you going to root for in the post season starting next week? Hansel will be busy putting the helmets away and that's no fun.

But look at the bright side, now Hansel has more time to see if other coaches are "on board" with FH using listening devices in helmets. LOL.

Last edited:
Reactions: Waggle Pass
How is that worse than the FH group living vicariously through teenage boys?

So we finally have the "why" of the "troubling" obsession assertion that was asked for many days ago.....

By that definition, most American communities and US parents who support their kids in activities would be problematic for NoRing....many support to a strong, and what some would call, obsessive level. Last time I looked, it's a free country - no constitutional amendment against "obsession."

Kids these days do tell their parents to back off when things cross a line....that line is determined by each family.

Next observation, I think 2 is the over-under on how many FG's #3 makes this Friday....anyone say higher?

So we finally have the "why" of the "troubling" obsession assertion that was asked for many days ago.....

By that definition, most American communities and US parents who support their kids in activities would be problematic for NoRing....many support to a strong, and what some would call, obsessive level. Last time I looked, it's a free country - no constitutional amendment against "obsession."

Kids these days do tell their parents to back off when things cross a line....that line is determined by each family.

Next observation, I think 2 is the over-under on how many FG's #3 makes this Friday....anyone say higher?
So it took you a week to figure out the definition of the word troubling. That's troubling in itself. Almost as troubling as your obsession with me. Seriously, 8 of your last nine posts have been replies to me or about me. How long have I been living in your mind, rent free?

Please show me where I said parents supporting their children is wrong? Is your only angle to invent things I didnt say, and then argue against that fiction?
Btw, how on the hell do you have 40 children on FH every year to support? Did you just imply that every fan at a FH game has a child playing? You arent that dumb are you?

The most troubling fact is that you think your obsession with living your life through teeanage kids who arent your children is normal. When its really just in your warped mind. The fact that you are obsessed with children, doesn't mean that everyone else is.

Like always, you'll ignore answering any of my questions because you know how stupid your answer will make you look.

To quote another FH poster here,
'Must be nice having my piece firmly in your mouth seeing as how you hardly reply to anyone but me.'

That was a quote from a guy who you say is just supporting FH and doesn't have a troubling obsession. Good call by you, huh?

To quote another FH poster here,
'Must be nice having my piece firmly in your mouth seeing as how you hardly reply to anyone but me.'

That was a quote from a guy who you say is just supporting FH and doesn't have a troubling obsession. Good call by you, huh?
You're not exactly innocent in how you reply to people on this board

Waggle are you defending Brian H's original post? Instead of having a serious conversation about area sports you like this type of content?

Waggle are you defending Brian H's original post? Instead of having a serious conversation about area sports you like this type of content?

As usual, you totally miss the point. Instead of hoping that Dunbar or even possibly Catoctin does the job for them, why aren't the Allegany brethren more concerned why this dominance has gone on year after year. They even had a copy of the FH playbook for the playoff game last year and STILL couldn't pull off a victory. Three one point losses over the last few years. What needs to put them over that hump? The pages on those eight state titles are quickly turning yellow. What needs to change? Why does a school with 600+ wins and the eight states can't even fill a third of the home side of the stands on game nights? Are they tired of the wing-t? How much pressure do they need to put on the Board of Ed for a coaching change? And if a change is made, is it time for an outsider like what was done when Refosco came to town. So what if FH has a "4A bench". Why doesn't Allegany football have enough interest to at least have a roster of around 40 or so? Lack of interest has apparently trickled down to the feeder programs as well. Why is that? Fort Hill has raised the standard of football at least in this area. The blue folks need to look in the mirror for ways to raise their bar to compete instead of hoping others do it for them.

Reactions: Over the top we go
I honestly think a change of styles would be extremely beneficial to Allegany, we all know FH will run the same 3 plays more or less every game, ALCO needs to go a different direction and I think open up and go a spread or something similar. You'd probably get more kids interested if the offense was fun and putting up points, also gives you a better chance of winning against certain teams. Defense still needs to be addressed though. You have skill players but not much of a line get the ball in their hands, but realistically a new coaching staff will need to come in because the wing-T is too ingrained in the coaching philosophy of most there now.

As usual, you totally miss the point. Instead of hoping that Dunbar or even possibly Catoctin does the job for them, why aren't the Allegany brethren more concerned why this dominance has gone on year after year. They even had a copy of the FH playbook for the playoff game last year and STILL couldn't pull off a victory. Three one point losses over the last few years. What needs to put them over that hump? The pages on those eight state titles are quickly turning yellow. What needs to change? Why does a school with 600+ wins and the eight states can't even fill a third of the home side of the stands on game nights? Are they tired of the wing-t? How much pressure do they need to put on the Board of Ed for a coaching change? And if a change is made, is it time for an outsider like what was done when Refosco came to town. So what if FH has a "4A bench". Why doesn't Allegany football have enough interest to at least have a roster of around 40 or so? Lack of interest has apparently trickled down to the feeder programs as well. Why is that? Fort Hill has raised the standard of football at least in this area. The blue folks need to look in the mirror for ways to raise their bar to compete instead of hoping others do it for them.
As usual, you totally miss the point. Why is someone from FH so fixated on Alco? Even with all the success of FH recently, all you can do is worry about Allegany? Why is that?

Last edited:

Right, you missed the point. You also didn't answer the question. What's the point of trolling Alco fans now? Then when they respond to the original post you have a problem with the response? This is like third grade in here.

Reactions: OneRing
Right, you missed the point. You also didn't answer the question. What's the point of trolling Alco fans now? Then when they respond to the original post you have a problem with the response? This is like third grade in here.
Let me make a guess here. Last year before the dunbar game a friend said to me "this will be a close one, this should be fh's year with a ton of experienced seniors however, appel will keep it close and instead of going for it on a fourth and short he'll kick a field goal. dunbar will turn around and have a fourth and short and go for it and they will get a td...fh loses by 4. How could he have been so right? Well, that's anybody's guess. The point is fh is predictable, and if you're honest with yourself you know they have no chance of beating dunbar this year. Instead of focusing on what fh needed to do after last years loss, almost all the diehards have held onto the belief that this staff is perfect, they know exactly what they are doing, and we'll get'em next year. The problem with that is this staff has never beaten Dunbar and their stubbornness will not allow them to do anything different because god forbid they might not end up in second place again, and that runner up apparently is good enough. The bickering back and forth, imho, is most here know the inevitable will happen so arguing is just a distraction, and a way to say "well we still beat allegany".

Way too many ignorant posters here. For years I have been here watching Alco fans come out of the woodwork to poke at FH the minute they get beat by someone else. From the Dunbar losses, to Perryville to Brunswick. CHOOOOOOOKE!!!! Yea we all remember. As already stated on this thread they are all waiting to do the same again. Because they have nothing g else to root for.

The same Alco folks who dismiss and belittle this thread say nothing about their own when the shoe is on the other foot. Where is Boyz to say those posts are nothing but trolling when it goes down like clockwork? He won't because it's directed at FH.

So you know what, read this and choke on it. 11 years in a row aint no joke. What comes around goes around.

So what if FH has a "4A bench". Why doesn't Allegany football have enough interest to at least have a roster of around 40 or so?

Ugh... Let me see if I can put this into real simple terms so that everyone grasps the concept: There are only so many students in the Cumberland area. You see, the more FH gets the fewer Allegany gets. FH has a 4A size bench and therefore Allegany (now pay attention here) can barely field a team.

Are they tired of the wing-t

Ask Appel.

is it time for an outsider like what was done when Refosco came to town.

Hansel beat Dunbar. Refosco had a sizable student body. The real question is whether Apple can get his 4A bench to beat Dunbar, not whether another coach can get a skeletal team to play better.

Way too many ignorant posters here. For years I have been here watching Alco fans come out of the woodwork to poke at FH the minute they get beat by someone else. From the Dunbar losses, to Perryville to Brunswick. CHOOOOOOOKE!!!! Yea we all remember. As already stated on this thread they are all waiting to do the same again. Because they have nothing g else to root for.

The same Alco folks who dismiss and belittle this thread say nothing about their own when the shoe is on the other foot. Where is Boyz to say those posts are nothing but trolling when it goes down like clockwork? He won't because it's directed at FH.

So you know what, read this and choke on it. 11 years in a row aint no joke. What comes around goes around.
BrianH, You have said more ignorant things than all of us Alco fans combined. I dont wish for FH to lose but it's fans like you that make it hard to root for FH. Every yr. after Homecoming you post something stupid and ignorant which makes some Alco fans want to return the favor when the Sentinels lose. You love talking about FHs domination over Alco but when someone talks about a team that owns FH you dont like it..

Lol, you don't listen. I didn't attend Alco or FH. You can't find one thread were I intentionally trolled FH fans. I may have said things you didn't want to hear, but it's not my intent to make anyone mad.

But if you and Waggle get off on getting revenge for a post on a high school football message board from a year ago, or in terms of Perryville about 6 years ago that's just sad. You need a more fulfilling life.

Reactions: OneRing
Interestingly enough, the Homecoming Program actually gave a higher enrollment number for Allegany than Fort Hill. I forget exactly, but maybe like 25 or so more students.

Also, the number of Fort Hill kids that go to the Career Center is higher, mich higher on a percentage basis. So if these numbers are to be believed, there are more kids actually in the building at Allegany than there is at Fort Hill.

I’m not sold on there accuracy, but with the new school, there may have been a bump for Allegany.

Reactions: hbpass2
Over/ under on this thread being drug on through at least March. Any takers?

As usual, you totally miss the point. Why is someone from FH so fixated on Alco? Even with all the success of FH recently, all you can do is worry about Allegany? Why is that?
It kills me the most successful basketball coach in Alco history just resigned right before the start of practice and all you Alco fans are the ones fixated on a FH football thread! Not one comment on the subject!! You people need to get a life beyond ragging on FH domination!!

Last edited:
It kills me the the most successful basketball coach in Alco history just resigned and you all you alco fans are the ones fixated on a FH football thread! Not one comment on the subject!! You people need to get a life beyond ragging on FH domination!!
Strange how in the middle of an undefeated football season for fort hill, all you are worried about is why we aren't talking about Allegany basketball in a football forum.
I just don't understand why fans of a successful program can't stop consuming themselves with a school they routinely announce as inferior. But then, that's why I've always said your obsessions are troubling.

It kills me the the most successful basketball coach in Alco history just resigned right before the start of practice and all you alco fans are the ones fixated on a FH football thread! Not one comment on the subject!! You people need to get a life beyond ragging on FH domination!!

You people need to get a life beyond ragging on FH domination!!

Screw that. Watching the game, looking at the two benches.... what a fuggin' embarrassment to even call it a competition, let alone a domination.

FH will only get a football life when it earns it by going beyond hollow victories. Pick on someone your own bench size..... beat Dunbar.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT