ADVERTISEMENT

State 1A final predictions anyone?

49 to 14. The coaches have the players believing that they can lose this game if they don’t play well. So they come out guns blazing like they always do in the 1st quarter, and put the game away quick.
This caps a fitting season for the best Fort Hill team to ever play the game

• Love
Reactions: ravemwp and Dwj21
One could think FH could be complacent and just take things for granted. From what I heard Patterson's comments after the first meeting about him not getting his team up for the game and it wouldn't happen again apparently did not sit well with a few of the coaches. It's pretty disrespectful to say you didn't get up to play FH when FH is the big game on just about everyone's schedule, but to not respect what the FH staff did is locker room material if you did need it. I'd like to see all coaches get a little index card with some do's and don'ts so that after the game when those horrible media monsters ram a microphone in your phase and force you to answer questions they are prepared. Give the other team credit and congratulate them. Don't blame anybody if you lose including the mpssaa, counties that allow recruiting, the weather, the refs, just take a loss with dignity and respect and don't give the team you beat any more reasons to want to beat you next time more than they already have.
I'm going to say FH does what they have to and then continues the approach of getting kids some playing time and experience as soon as they have the game in hand or it could get ugly.
FH 35-17

One could think FH could be complacent and just take things for granted. From what I heard Patterson's comments after the first meeting about him not getting his team up for the game and it wouldn't happen again apparently did not sit well with a few of the coaches. It's pretty disrespectful to say you didn't get up to play FH when FH is the big game on just about everyone's schedule, but to not respect what the FH staff did is locker room material if you did need it. I'd like to see all coaches get a little index card with some do's and don'ts so that after the game when those horrible media monsters ram a microphone in your phase and force you to answer questions they are prepared. Give the other team credit and congratulate them. Don't blame anybody if you lose including the mpssaa, counties that allow recruiting, the weather, the refs, just take a loss with dignity and respect and don't give the team you beat any more reasons to want to beat you next time more than they already have.
I'm going to say FH does what they have to and then continues the approach of getting kids some playing time and experience as soon as they have the game in hand or it could get ugly.
FH 35-17
FH will be anything but complacent on Saturday. They come out with a fire and energy that will be hard to top. They want this game so badly they will be all gas and no brakes I can promise you that!

Side note, I heard Llewellyn is back for Ridge and that makes me happy bc his dad was talking about him being able to handle Hess saying the game would've been different at the stadium this year. Now is his chance! Hahaha!

FH big. To much Daniels. All year long the bigger the game, and the better the competition the bigger and better Daniels played. He is the best player on the field on both sides of the ball.(I don't think Daniels gets enough credit for his defensive play) POY in my opinion. Not sure Ridge has an answer for him. Not to mention Ross is fully healthy this time around, and is a threat every time he touches the ball. I think FH rides Daniels all day. Big game Bril. Just one man's opinion.

FH will be anything but complacent on Saturday. They come out with a fire and energy that will be hard to top. They want this game so badly they will be all gas and no brakes I can promise you that!

Side note, I heard Llewellyn is back for Ridge and that makes me happy bc his dad was talking about him being able to handle Hess saying the game would've been different at the stadium this year. Now is his chance! Hahaha!
I think you are thinking of a different lineman ( the center ), Llewellyn played in the first game.

4inarowtopthat, I interpreted his comments completely differently. There was no disrespect towards Fort Hill. Given the lack of hype that came from Frostburg prior to this regular season’s game, it was clear that the community up there did not give Mountain Ridge a chance to win. This was taken into the game as a lack of confidence by the Mountain Ridge players, and I interpreted Patterson’s comments as he did not do a good job getting his team mentally ready for the task. He took responsibility for the loss. He did not blame anything or anyone but himself for the loss.

Regardless, I do not see FH taken this game lightly. I am sure Alkire is reminding the team about 2 years ago when FH won 37-7 in the regular season and then was in a dogfight of a battle in the 1st half of the title game. Also, FH has not forgotten about last year. FH is playing angry week in and week out and Mountain Ridge will not be let off the hook due to over confidence.

I just don't think Mountain Ridge has the horses for this year's race. I hope that I am wrong though. FH 34-14

Reactions: ravemwp
I keep thinking about what Mtn Ridge might do differently because I can't see the Miners just lining up and do what they do against FH. They are a 3 TD underdog.

If I am coaching Mtn Ridge, Patterson is running 25 times. You're not saving him for next week. The problem however isn't what the Mtn Ridge offense will do to produce points, the problem is finding some way to stop the FH offense. Scoring 28 points or less won't win the game.

Reactions: Dwj21 and ravemwp
I keep thinking about what Mtn Ridge might do differently because I can't see the Miners just lining up and do what they do against FH. They are a 3 TD underdog.

If I am coaching Mtn Ridge, Patterson is running 25 times. You're not saving him for next week. The problem however isn't what the Mtn Ridge offense will do to produce points, the problem is finding some way to stop the FH offense. Scoring 28 points or less won't win the game.
In the first meeting they held Patterson to negative yards rushing. Not sure how many carries. My question would be how many points has FH 1st team defense given up to class 1A type teams this season. MR may have to throw a helter skelter type offense at FH. A gimmick type of things they've never done before. As you said even so, can MR defense really stop big game Bril and the rest of the supporting cast.

Reactions: Tony54 and Dwj21
4inarowtopthat, I interpreted his comments completely differently. There was no disrespect towards Fort Hill. Given the lack of hype that came from Frostburg prior to this regular season’s game, it was clear that the community up there did not give Mountain Ridge a chance to win. This was taken into the game as a lack of confidence by the Mountain Ridge players, and I interpreted Patterson’s comments as he did not do a good job getting his team mentally ready for the task. He took responsibility for the loss. He did not blame anything or anyone but himself for the loss.

Regardless, I do not see FH taken this game lightly. I am sure Alkire is reminding the team about 2 years ago when FH won 37-7 in the regular season and then was in a dogfight of a battle in the 1st half of the title game. Also, FH has not forgotten about last year. FH is playing angry week in and week out and Mountain Ridge will not be let off the hook due to over confidence.
Fort hill really is playing angry. I see a lot more of that style of play when I look at the tape. They definitely have a swagger about them with a chip on their shoulder. Based on prior games It just seems like Mountain Ridge is going to get the worst of it..

Last edited:
Reactions: Dwj21 and ravemwp
And the guessing game starts. I'm not a fan of gadget plays, but Patterson has always come up with a couple in these games. I'm thinking that this year, he'll try a different angle. The last few games he's shown hints of a hurry up offense. I'm thinking that we will see some of this on Saturday. With that said, I don't think that he has the horses to be effective with it. What I don't get are all the people on the sidelines holding cards. I see the QB talking to the coach, then I see the team line up. The cards go up, but no one on the offense looks to the sidelines. They just run a play. I watched Friday night's game and I saw this over and over again. I just wonder if there is going to be a twist to what he is doing here. On Fort Hill's side, I really don't see them changing much. This Staff is very hard to read, and these kids do play with an attitude. No matter what it should be a really good game, even if it's not close like it was last year.

My bold prediction for the game is that you can guarantee that MT Ridge will have that guy in the stands screaming for a flag on every Fort Hill offensive play and protesting every flag against Mt Ridge. For those of you who have heard him, you know what I'm talking about! LOL Let's watch these kids play this game and appreciate what these two teams have done the past three years. How many more years can they keep this going?

oh I agree you could take it different ways, just saying a couple coaches didn't take it the way you would have taken it. he's not the only coach who says things that could be taken in a way that you could twist it and turn it and use it...that's why i was jokingly just saying even if it's not the best time to answer questions just be prepared and respectful to the other team so it can't be misconstrued...just my humble opinion.

Reactions: ravemwp
Mountain Ridge has had a really good year and they are very well coached.
Still, the only one that can save them from a five or six touchdown loss is coach Alkire when he calls the dogs off.

Last edited:
Reactions: Argox66
Mountain Ridge has had a really good year and they are very well coached.
Still, the only one that can save them from a five or six touchdown loss is coach Alkire when he calls the dogs off.
It was exactly the way I thought it would be

FH big. To much Daniels. All year long the bigger the game, and the better the competition the bigger and better Daniels played. He is the best player on the field on both sides of the ball.(I don't think Daniels gets enough credit for his defensive play) POY in my opinion. Not sure Ridge has an answer for him. Not to mention Ross is fully healthy this time around, and is a threat every time he touches the ball. I think FH rides Daniels all day. Big game Bril. Just one man's opinion.
Guess I was close. 🙂🙂

Reactions: Tony54
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT