ADVERTISEMENT

St. Frances at Fort Hill Oct 22

TDHelmick

Hall of Fame Poster
May 29, 2001
Yes, I got asked if FH wanted to finally fill their Oct. 22 open date we have been trying to fill since last January with St. Frances. The National Team, not their Varsity Team that came to the Quad scrimmage. The St. Frances that just beat California De La Salle Friday night on ESPN. Apparently they now need a game that week.

Just the fact they would ask is an honor - at least how I see it. I am sure they would use their subs. Maybe only beat FH by 55 instead of 70 with a running clock. Not sure that is the thing any team wants and I don't see it as beneficial.

Anyway, NO that is not an option for Fort Hill. But gotcha with the thread title huh? hahahaha. They did ask though.

I wonder what prompted this? Did they pull our name from a hat? Do you think they want to visit the scenic mountains of WMD? LOL...

I wonder what prompted this? Did they pull our name from a hat? Do you think they want to visit the scenic mountains of WMD? LOL...
Their head coach for the National Team, Coach Hailemariam, came up to the Quad when their Varsity B Team participated. He was who I had to make arrangements with to get them here. Their Varsity B team is really the scout team for their traveling team. Although the B team does play a handful of games. The B team is more frosh and sophomores with upperclassmen who normally would not see the field much on the National Team.

They lost their opponent on Oct 22 and he just wants he kids to play like everyone else. I just have no idea how the FH 175 lb guards would block their 300 lb dudes headed to Michigan and Tennessee. Ironically though, I talked to Lawrence Smith (Dunbar coach) about playing St. Frances and he said his Poets scrimmage with them 3 times in August. Hmmmmm, that's pretty cool I would say.

Isn't St. Francis just up the road from Dunbar?

I would take it as a compliment to the program. On the other hand, once word gets out that a program the caliber of St.Francis has an interest in playing Fort Hill.....you think trying to schedule similar sized schools to FH was tough before :eek:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT