ADVERTISEMENT

SHErando Week

Seasoned Lettuce

All State Poster
Jul 28, 2015
As a buddy of the Lettuce Man pointed out, Fort HIll just might be playing with house money in this one. The bottom line, Fort Hill has essentially already clinched a playoff spot (assuming a win over Mountain Ridge). From here on out, it's all about positioning. IF the Sentinels can win out, it most assuredly means "3 straight at Greenway" as they will beat even an undefeated Boonsboro out or the top seed in the Region, and Manchester Valley and Cambridge South Dorchester both lost this weekend which would leave only Edmonson Westside at the top, and remember, you only have to finish top 2 overall to get homefield throughout. Also of note is that Edmonson Westside has 4A Mervo and Dunbar left on the schedule.

Honestly, a win over SHErando would just be a huge bonus, having homefield throughout just makes things super awesome, but honestly, I think these Sentinels beat anybody, anytime, any place. I will continue to feel that Allegany is Fort Hill's biggest threat.

SHErando has all the pressure, I mean the vaunted Virginians surely can't lose to a measly old 1A school full of underclassmen in the Mountains of Western Maryland. I mean, they beat Martinsburg, surely they could beat the Packers in Green Bay. Oh, and remember, NOBODY runs on SHErando, if you took the trip down 522 and made it further than Bambi Lees Massage Parlor in Berkeley Springs (unlike me) to the SHErando/James Wood Game, you uh, might of seen that.

House money folks, we're just an unworthy bunch of small school hillbillies. Gonna be fun.

Crickets......your funny lettuce. We have played many bigger games than Fort hill . I actually hope it is a good game though , we need it. But let's not start already with the poor ol us crap already. If you didn't want to play us , don't schedule us. We did have 5 starters out for the JW game there Lettuce, should have three back Friday, still no excuse we should have played a lot better last week, and scored more points. but we still held JW 1000 yard rusher to 62 yards. held Handley to negative total yards for the complete game this weekend. so we are still in good shape defensively. Hopefully the offense can score enough points to keep up with your mighty sentinels. Best of luck!

is there any way to view the game or listen to it online hamspear besides the Cumberland radio stations that is...?

Well , still working on that , I will let you know in a couple of days if that's going to happen.

How the seating down at sherando..sounds like fort hill is going to bring a few fans. Any good eats close to stadium??

If the viewing option is Gamedaymagazine.com BEWARE! You'll pay $14.99 for 3-day access, and if you can't get quality access, or any access, expect to be told "if we could guarantee the Internet working 24/7.....", which is what I was told by the owner. IMO, that's like subscribing to the Wash Post and being delivered a day with blank pages and told 'if we could guarantee the press working 24/7...' Bottom-line, beware.

Stephens City has the usual fast food, One exit away , outback , carrabas , in Winchester there is anything you want, from top to bottom. as far as the stadium visitors side bleachers probably holds like 1500,m( that's a guess), but there is a hillside along that side that you can sit and see on pretty well also.

Reactions: real world
Towpath , ask specific question,, about what place and what are you saying?

Best way to the stadium from cumberland, 522 south to winchester , as soon as you get to James wood high school on the left at the edge of Winchester, take right onto rt37 bypass , then 81 south one exit to Stephens City exit. Turn left approximately 1 mile on right is Warrior Dr. You are there. From cumberland 1.25 to 1.5 hours , it will be crowded, Sherando will have at least 3to 4k fans of there own, probably allow extra time to get in etc..

Reactions: real world
Best way to the stadium from cumberland, 522 south to winchester , as soon as you get to James wood high school on the left at the edge of Winchester, take right onto rt37 bypass , then 81 south one exit to Stephens City exit. Turn left approximately 1 mile on right is Warrior Dr. You are there. From cumberland 1.25 to 1.5 hours , it will be crowded, Sherando will have at least 3to 4k fans of there own, probably allow extra time to get in etc..

He was talking about Bambi Lees Massage Parlor ouside of Berkeley Springs, lol.

Reactions: towpath94
Oh ok lol , have seen it there, but didn't know it was what your saying it was

The social media smack talk is heating up. They're saying the Sherando fans are almost as crazy as FH's. Is it true that before the game at Sherando they have a guy on a horse come out and throw down a flaming spear at the 50 yard line and after wins they have a fireworks display?

The spear is not flaming , and the fireworks happen often. The parking is good except the later you are the further away you will from the stadium.

Reactions: BoyznBlue
The social media smack talk is heating up. They're saying the Sherando fans are almost as crazy as FH's. Is it true that before the game at Sherando they have a guy on a horse come out and throw down a flaming spear at the 50 yard line and after wins they have a fireworks display?

Who's "They're" ?

There's nothing about the game on the Virginia board.

Sounds like we need to get there early if they only have 1500 seats on the away side. What time does the gates open??

Sherando usually opens the gates at 5 p.m. but the AD is usually sitting in the ticket booth around 4:30 selling tickets to people who don't want to stand in line later. They always have LONG lines. Come early, buy your tickets, go up the street to Roma's Italian restaurant (Best food in town), and come back for game.

As a matter of fact, when you come back, go past the school and turn in to the Frederick County Park (First Right past school). Park in the swimming pool parking lot and walk up the access road and there is a small ticket booth beside the tennis courts. Hardly anyone uses this entrance so it is a super fast way in to the game. After the game you will 30 minutes toward home before everyone else gets out of the parking lot.

Sherando usually opens the gates at 5 p.m. but the AD is usually sitting in the ticket booth around 4:30 selling tickets to people who don't want to stand in line later. They always have LONG lines. Come early, buy your tickets, go up the street to Roma's Italian restaurant (Best food in town), and come back for game.

As a matter of fact, when you come back, go past the school and turn in to the Frederick County Park (First Right past school). Park in the swimming pool parking lot and walk up the access road and there is a small ticket booth beside the tennis courts. Hardly anyone uses this entrance so it is a super fast way in to the game. After the game you will 30 minutes toward home before everyone else gets out of the parking lot.

This guy here, this is poster and post of the year material here. Thanks.

FH Freshmen beat Sherando for 2nd straight year in a close well played game. Hope to get the same on Friday.

Hope they don't use Martinsburg's refs!! Fort Hill will light the sky with some INT'S So don't worry about your fireworks !

I don't understand how Sherando has a Freshman team really. Frederick County did away with all Freshman sports programs about 7 years ago. So they must just remove the Sophomores from the JV team and play as a Freshman group. Seems kind of odd to schedule 9th grade games but not have a real 9th grade program. I'm glad that more kids get to play a game, but is it good football, and fair competition?

Are there any FM stations in the Cumberland or Winchester areas that will be carrying the game? There was a time I could listen to WTBO after dark but it doesn't come in anymore.

Incorrect, someone on wv tailgate from FH was saying that FH played Sherando jv last night . if he was there last night he would have seen the jv team waiting for the game after against another school. It was just a one time team made up of current freshman not playing JV. We don't have a freshman only team, we just put one together to play your freshman team. there are also three freshman on Varsity that did not play last night because they see time on the varsity field. Hope that clears it up for you.

They played last year as well from what I remember. That's kind of cool that they do that though. Was that freshmen last year as well?

Saw on Sherando High School Facebook:

In anticipation of a larger than normal crowd for tonight's football game, the administration of Sherando High School is recommending that people car pool and arrive early if possible. The main ticket booth will begin selling tickets at 4:30 p.m. and gates will open for ticket holders at 5 p.m. The lower ticket booth will also be open at 5 p.m. for those entering from Splash Drive in Sherando Park.

Reactions: hamspear
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT