ADVERTISEMENT

Rams and Back

Hey Lag, When do you think Coach Hansel will apologize to FH for calling them cheaters and jumping on the Southern Helmet gate band wagon? Southern did from what I heard.

(Fill in the blank) to stick around when he doesn't think he has the kids to win. Zero loyalty to any one or any school.

Gee, I dunno. Taking a sabbatical to work with some good dedicated kids doesn't seem too bad after years of commitment. I had a program where coaches would go and then come back. There were zero problems with them and they wanted to work with a different age group in a different competitive environment. A good coach is a good coach.

But, let's see if there is the usual different standard applied to Allegany: What if there were a team that is replacing its entire defense, defending its championship and probably facing one of the toughest teams it has ever played.... what if suddenly the defensive coach pulls a Roberto Duran.... "No Mas."

Ugh, does that sound like any coach and team we know?

Hey Lag, When do you think Coach Hansel will apologize to FH for calling them cheaters and jumping on the Southern Helmet gate band wagon? Southern did from what I heard.
Maybe when FH fans apologize to Coach Nazelrod for blaming him for it. They clearly blame Foley now. Or maybe when they apologize to Brunswick or whatever team it was when FH fans called them dirty and sent game footage to Yahoo. Haven't heard an apology for either of those.

Reactions: Lagmeister
No one owes Rod a darn thing at FH.
Maybe when FH fans apologize to Coach Nazelrod for blaming him for it. They clearly blame Foley now. Or maybe when they apologize to Brunswick or whatever team it was when FH fans called them dirty and sent game footage to Yahoo. Haven't heard an apology for either of those.

Why apologize for anything these days? The entire concept is so worn out and overused as to be meaningless. But since we're having fun..... Hansel should apologize for his limited online comments when juicy-fruit Appel publicly apologizes in the media for discussing a student's grades. How's that?

Why do you always go back to this? Why can’t a coach talk about grades? I don’t remember him ever using a name that went with those grades? Who was the kid?

Why apologize for anything these days? The entire concept is so worn out and overused as to be meaningless. But since we're having fun..... Hansel should apologize for his limited online comments when juicy-fruit Appel publicly apologizes in the media for discussing a student's grades. How's that?

Why do you always go back to this? Why can’t a coach talk about grades? I don’t remember him ever using a name that went with those grades? Who was the kid?

Championship game (not the recent one) when interviewed about the outstanding performance of a particular student athlete he used the opportunity to discuss the young man's poor grades. It is public knowledge and has been discussed at length in this forum by all the red-jackets who have been around a while. You need to catch up on things like this and the Appel meltdown over a loss.

Of course, if you think a high school coach should discuss a student's poor performance openly in the media.... well, don't bother to ask around. Oh... I have no intention of naming any student.

Last edited:
I think you make stuff up just to hear yourself talk...

Championship game (not the recent one) when interviewed about the outstanding performance of a particular student athlete he used the opportunity to discuss the young man's poor grades. It is public knowledge and has been discussed at length in this forum by all the red-jackets who have been around a while. You need to catch up on things like this and the Appel meltdown over a loss.

Of course, if you think a high school coach should discuss a student's poor performance openly in the media.... well, don't bother to ask around. Oh... I have no intention of naming any student.

I think you make stuff up just to hear yourself talk...

I've tried to be civil to a 20 post nobody... But... **** you. Hang around a while and a least read some other circle-jerking, red-jacket shit

Last edited:
No one anywhere owes FH anything. Especially those that never went there.

When the fringe, low post types come in, they get right in line... don't they. The only added dimension is how they play stupid. Or more precisely, the truly stupid attempting to play even more stupid.

I think you mean after the game against lackey.

It’s all in the context. The comments were actually complimenting the kid in regards to how much effort he put forward on the field and reinforcing the importance of academics, which should be at the top. What the HC was saying is that he would like to see the kid put that much heart into academics. Some HC’s actually care about these type of things and seeing kids not short themselves. Only you Lag, have a twisted thought process taking the whole thing out of context. Try the “no sugar added” apple juice and stop brushing your teeth with applesauce. You seem obsessed with the HC.

I think you mean after the game against lackey.

This was discussed at length here, public knowledge. My memory has a Fox 45 interview. Perhaps, in reality there was more than one mic and more than one incident and interview. Doesn't really matter does it. Folks shouldn't attempt to tarnish other coaches when there are things about their own they would like to forget.

We just came off of a great unifying discussion about the outstanding schedule FH has this year. Some folks can't help themselves and choose to turn away from the positive things going on.

If they do that.... Well, I'm your huckleberry.

It’s all in the context. The comments were actually complimenting the kid in regards to how much effort he put forward on the field and reinforcing the importance of academics, which should be at the top. What the HC was saying is that he would like to see the kid put that much heart into academics. Some HC’s actually care about these type of things and seeing kids not short themselves. Only you Lag, have a twisted thought process taking the whole thing out of context. Try the “no sugar added” apple juice and stop brushing your teeth with applesauce. You seem obsessed with the HC.

Ugh... I'm almost speechless... or ugh... post-less as it were. Telling the public at large, over the media, that a student's grades are poor and wishing the student would put as much emphasis on his grades as he does football is a private conversation between student and parent.... not a public expose!!

The only twisted thought process is yours as you feel that it is within the purview of a football coach to publicly shame a student. To even suggest that this type of media humiliation is seeing that kids not short themselves and that a coach/teacher actually care about these type of things is stunning beyond belief.

This is why we have parent/student conferences. We no longer pin scarlet letters on women and we no longer shame students in front of the class... or the entire media world for that matter. Yes, we can restrict sports; but it is up to the student to answer as to why.

Lag, you have certainly made my long drawn out day a bit more enjoyable with your rekindling of your activist analysis of a non-issue. It was fun, I do agree with you at that and mostly stayed related to football in some way.

People love a winner... until you win too much... then the haters come out in full force. I always loved the saying.
(Lions don’t worry about the opinions of sheep!)

I just like to read Lag write circle-jerking. It's means football season must be near. LOL

More politically correct versions would include Mutual Admiration Society, Dutch Windmill, Stinky Pinky Ring, Spoogetios or Barrel of Pickles.

Lag, you have certainly made my long drawn out day a bit more enjoyable with your rekindling of your activist analysis of a non-issue. It was fun, I do agree with you at that and mostly stayed related to football in some way.

I can live with everything I post. Can you?

The comments were actually complimenting the kid in regards to how much effort he put forward on the field and reinforcing the importance of academics, which should be at the top. What the HC was saying is that he would like to see the kid put that much heart into academics. - LWG

Last edited:
People love a winner... until you win too much... then the haters come out in full force. I always loved the saying.
(Lions don’t worry about the opinions of sheep!)

I like my saying better:

When a true genius appears in the world,
you may know him by this sign, that the dunces
are all in confederacy against him.
- Jonathan Swift

I just like to read Lag write circle-jerking. It's means football season must be near. LOL

More politically correct versions would include Mutual Admiration Society, Dutch Windmill, Stinky Pinky Ring, Spoogetios or Barrel of Pickles.

Every one under the sun knew Foley would be one and done at Southern. He's too old these days to stick around when he doesn't think he has the kids to win. Zero loyalty to any one or any school. - BrianH

I never start any shit. But you circle-jerkers can't stand it when someone turns around and smacks you in the chops as a result of your fuggin' ugly mouths.

We are talking about high school sports and there are certain things you can't say. You simply cannot go public with a kid's poor academic performance. The HC may have had good intentions but that was a mistake. The coaching staff may not be privy to the circumstances that led to the poor grades. The player may be dyslexic or have another (diagnosed or undiagnosed) type of developmental or medical situation.

Reactions: Lagmeister
Lag we all had to read thru your Coach Appel tantrums. Of which some of them were true actually to your credit. So if you can dish it you can take it..

Foley was the coach who pushed the whole "listening devices in the FH helmets" ordeal. He got the living snot smacked out of him in the playoffs witH Southern after the MPSSAA shot his mission down unanomously. Foley then bailed from Oakland after one season of crap with their so called greatest senior class in decades. F**k Foley. He's a racist. Ask any current or former black coach from Alco and they will give it to you straight.

I asked several people and this sentiment is very strong.

“I asked several people and this sentiment is very strong.” -Boyz

I haven’t heard one person really say anything about Outside the 3 main anonymous posters on this board that lean far one way with significant biases.

If what you say is true, then maybe we need some “cry closets.” We cab do a fundraiser and attach it to the far end field house.

What they did was dirty and underhanded. Hansel was also stupid to attach himself to that story. Fort Hill put it on both teams, especially Southern
We are talking about high school sports and there are certain things you can't say. You simply cannot go public with a kid's poor academic performance. The HC may have had good intentions but that was a mistake. The coaching staff may not be privy to the circumstances that led to the poor grades. The player may be dyslexic or have another (diagnosed or undiagnosed) type of developmental or medical situation.
Coach Appel is as involved with the guys that play for him as any coach at any level. If there was an outside factor I'm sure he would've known. However, that doesn't mean that he was right in bringing it up in a public manner

Yep and Alco has a chance at being pretty decent this year before their numbers do them in. If this was 2021 Foley wouldn't go anywhere near Alco.

I was told Alco has 20 kids on varsity and 21 on JV. Looks like they will need to move up a good chunk of JV kids again so the varsity can practice 11 on 11. Their JV don't play FH twice anymore for obv reasons. The writing is on the wall in regards to numbers so I don't blame Alco. In 2 more years Alco wontt have JV football. Sad what is happening to Cumberland. Don't take it like I'm ragging on Alco. The opposite, Alco being competitive made things better for the whole county.
What is the obvious reason Alco isn't playing FH two times at the JV Level? Is it because over the last 8 or 9 years they are fairly even at that level?

Last edited:
What is the obvious reason Alco isn't playing FH two times at the JV Level? Is it because over the last 8 or 9 years they are fairly even at that level?

Or could it be the 89-0 combined score of last year's two meetings? Twist it anyway you want but that's the main reason.

The JV series was dead even almost through the last ten years and we all have pointed this out. Things have massively changed for Alco though as evident last year. Alco has to yank half the JV staters up just so they can practice 11 on 11 at the varsity level. Same this year and it's only going to get extremely drastic the next 2-3 years.

But I would absolutely like to know your reasoning as to why Alco dropped playing FH twice for the first time in like 50 years.

Tons of loyal true blue posters here like Boyz and Lag are already advocating Alco not even play FH for varsity homecoming anymore. That about sums it up.

Or could it be the 89-0 combined score of last year's two meetings? Twist it anyway you want but that's the main reason.

The JV series was dead even almost through the last ten years and we all have pointed this out. Things have massively changed for Alco though as evident last year. Alco has to yank half the JV staters up just so they can practice 11 on 11 at the varsity level. Same this year and it's only going to get extremely drastic the next 2-3 years.

But I would absolutely like to know your reasoning as to why Alco dropped playing FH twice for the first time in like 50 years.

Tons of loyal true blue posters here like Boyz and Lag are already advocating Alco not even play FH for varsity homecoming anymore. That about sums it up.

......could it be the 89-0 as to why FH will not honor the trip to Erie next year?

Fun aside, who gives a shit anymore, really other than some sad sacks trying to emotionally make up for not getting the job done themselves against Alco or getting the championships in their class. I guess that can be okay up to a point, but getting anything out of beating a team that is almost not a team is sad.... real sad.

Hell, everybody in town is willing to give you the 1A size, despite the talent and the bench of a 3A school. Why not enjoy that and stay on the positive. I guess you all just can't. Something about not-gettin'-it-done-when-it-was-your-turn must really eat at you.

We live in a world now where every body want to be politically correct. Every one gets offended over anything. Testosterone levels in men are getting lower every decade. When I was going to school we got beaten with wooden paddles. Now we have grown men whining on this thread because a coach is holding kids accountable. It’s the talk of sissy’s and losers!!

We live in a world now where every body want to be politically correct. Every one gets offended over anything. Testosterone levels in men are getting lower every decade. When I was going to school we got beaten with wooden paddles. Now we have grown men whining on this thread because a coach is holding kids accountable. It’s the talk of sissy’s and losers!!

We live in a world now where every body want to be politically correct. Not close.

Every one gets offended over anything.
Not even an angstrom closer. Maybe you should hang with a different crowd or change the media you follow.

When I was going to school we got beaten with wooden paddles. Sorry to read about your personal negative experiences.

Now we have grown men whining on this thread because a coach is holding kids accountable. The young man was publicly robbed of richly deserved praise. It would have been wrong over 50 yrs ago when I was a child and it is wrong now.

It’s the talk of sissy’s and losers They paddled your brain.

Reactions: OneRing
> Testosterone levels in men are getting lower every decade.

So are violent crime levels. Or are you saying violently paddling kids in school actually led to more of them being violent criminals?

The violent criminals part is because they have taken god out of the school system.
As far as the other whining consistently about coach Appel. That’s the kind of stuff that years ago would have been left to wemon. Now we have grown men so upset about fort hills success that they spend every day crying on here.
Next week someone on here will be saying that coach Appel threw gum out of his car window..

The violent criminals part is because they have taken god out of the school system.
As far as the other whining consistently about coach Appel. That’s the kind of stuff that years ago would have been left to wemon. Now we have grown men so upset about fort hills success that they spend every day crying on here.
Next week someone on here will be saying that coach Appel threw gum out of his car window..

There is a bit of humor in your post, but some of it is simply not true.

Forced religion has never been healthy for any society. Furthermore, Jesus said to pray with the door closed and not to pray on the street corner like the hypocrites do. Students, teachers, custodians, etc. can pray at school in the silence of their hearts at anytime.

The argument that “taking God out of school” has led to the ills of society sounds good, but is simply a feel good announcement with no true support. Do some research on how many people actually attend church 3-4 times a month and contrast that with 30-40 years ago. Then, ask yourself why there has been such a decline in church attendance. I am certain your findings will have absolutely nothing to the myth that all of society’s ills are caused by not permitting prayer in school.

I will give you the chewing gum comment was rather funny.

Reactions: cumbfanatic
There are less violent criminals now than before, so taking god out of school seemed to have a positive impact.

We have a grown man in his seventies whine daily on Twitter, and he was elected president. People actually cheer his whining at rallies.

Remember the grown men crying decades ago when someone suggested moving the date of Homecoming. Remember the grown men who still cry when consolidation is mentioned?

Or the grown men who cry about Dunbar recruiting? Or the Allegany coach not taking players to a Ravens game?

Yet crying seems new to you?

Reactions: BoyznBlue
Trump is the greatest thing that’s happened to America!!!! If we are lucky a socialist democrat won’t make it in the white House .
Hopefully Appel will continue to coach fort hill for another 10 years too. That should be 7 or 8 state championships. Can you imagine all the crying that allegany fans will do!!!!!!

Reactions: 52 to victory
Trump is the greatest thing that’s happened to America!!!! If we are lucky a socialist democrat won’t make it in the white House .
Hopefully Appel will continue to coach fort hill for another 10 years too. That should be 7 or 8 state championships. Can you imagine all the crying that allegany fans will do!!!!!!

All the while, Greenway Avenue Stadium, Fort Hill High School, and Constitution Park pool were all built by a democratic socialist program, and here we are 80+ years later still enjoying all three.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT