ADVERTISEMENT

Rams and Back

Every one under the sun knew Foley would be one and done at Southern. He's too old these days to stick around when he doesn't think he has the kids to win. Zero loyalty to any one or any school.

Yep and Alco has a chance at being pretty decent this year before their numbers do them in. If this was 2021 Foley wouldn't go anywhere near Alco.

I was told Alco has 20 kids on varsity and 21 on JV. Looks like they will need to move up a good chunk of JV kids again so the varsity can practice 11 on 11. Their JV don't play FH twice anymore for obv reasons. The writing is on the wall in regards to numbers so I don't blame Alco. In 2 more years Alco wontt have JV football. Sad what is happening to Cumberland. Don't take it like I'm ragging on Alco. The opposite, Alco being competitive made things better for the whole county.

Every one under the sun knew Foley would be one and done at Southern. He's too old these days to stick around when he doesn't think he has the kids to win. Zero loyalty to any one or any school.

(Fill in the blank) to stick around when he doesn't think he has the kids to win. Zero loyalty to any one or any school.

Gee, I dunno. Taking a sabbatical to work with some good dedicated kids doesn't seem too bad after years of commitment. I had a program where coaches would go and then come back. There were zero problems with them and they wanted to work with a different age group in a different competitive environment. A good coach is a good coach.

But, let's see if there is the usual different standard applied to Allegany: What if there were a team that is replacing its entire defense, defending its championship and probably facing one of the toughest teams it has ever played.... what if suddenly the defensive coach pulls a Roberto Duran.... "No Mas."

Ugh, does that sound like any coach and team we know?

But, let's see if there is the usual different standard applied to Allegany: What if there were a team that is replacing its entire defense, defending its championship and probably facing one of the toughest teams it has ever played.... what if suddenly the defensive coach pulls a Roberto Duran.... "No Mas."

Ugh, does that sound like any coach and team we know?

Not sure what you are saying. Foley was at Southern for one year. We all knew it would be for one year for their obvious reasons. Is there another coach you know that is bouncing around from team to team? In other words, Foley won't be around when the bottom falls out at Alco. Bet your life on it.

Not sure what you are saying. Foley was at Southern for one year. We all knew it would be for one year for their obvious reasons. Is there another coach you know that is bouncing around from team to team? In other words, Foley won't be around when the bottom falls out at Alco. Bet your life on it.

Zero loyalty to any one or any school.

I know you're not that stupid. Loyalty!!!!! Do we know of any local coach abandoning his program in times of great need. Well.... do we?

Not sure what you are saying.

Well, maybe you are that stupid. Losing all defensive starters.... defending championship.... facing the team from Erie.... (Ugh... gee.... I donno what yer hintin' at there lag.... Ugh... whazz loyalty gotta do whiff dat???.... says B H)

Allegany has a good number of kids from 9th to 12th grade. If the coaches can build excitement in the program they will be fine. Kids coming out for football are down all across the country.

Reactions: ConeyIsland
This was a good move by Hansel, and frankly, we needed it. We were already down a varsity coach last year, so we're getting back to par and it's a dude who's got a lot of good knowledge and experience.

B+ move for the head guy.

Lag, you are just instigating now just to stir. I believe the FH defensive coach had done already made the decision to retire from coaching well before the scheduling of the CP game. It was mutually exclusive and not comparable to the discussion taking place in this thread.

I know you're not that stupid. Loyalty!!!!! Do we know of any local coach abandoning his program in times of great need. Well.... do we?

Well, maybe you are that stupid. Losing all defensive starters.... defending championship.... facing the team from Erie.... (Ugh... gee.... I donno what yer hintin' at there lag.... Ugh... whazz loyalty gotta do whiff dat???.... says B H)

You have eaten too much LSD in your lifetime to make sense of your warped comparisons. FH lost most all of its entire defense last year as well. Some of you will never grasp the concept of high school football. Kids graduate. Dah.

Foley actually is a good def coach. He's just an asshole who bounces around the area based on how good he thinks a team might be to make himself look good.

Lag, you are just instigating now just to stir. I believe the FH defensive coach had done already made the decision to retire from coaching well before the scheduling of the CP game. It was mutually exclusive and not comparable to the discussion taking place in this thread.

Lag, you are just instigating now just to stir.

Really? I mean.... Really? You frickin' red-jackets sure circle the wagons after one of your own takes a totally unfair shot at a dedicated coach across town. (Incidentally, that CP game has surely been in discussion long before it was signed and you know it.)

Did you even read this shit:

"Every one under the sun knew Foley would be one and done at Southern. He's too old these days to stick around when he doesn't think he has the kids to win."- BH

You and the rest of the red-jackets can take the below statement and all the rest and cram them collectively up your asses:

He's just an asshole who bounces around the area based on how good he thinks a team might be to make himself look good. - BH

Last edited:
I’m not going to say Foley is an asshole but I will agree that he went to Southern because he thought that Southern would be the best team in the area. Do u believe he would go to Northern? I sure hope no one is that stupid. He believed what people were saying about FH last year. He went cherry picking in Oakland last year and got a 45 spot run up his rear end in the first half of the playoffs.

John made the decision that 2018 would be his final season last summer.

Lag if u are referring to McKenny you prove how little you know about FH football. McKenny is a competitor in every sense of the word. He’s not like your guy who jumped ship to go some hyped up paper tiger in hopes to knock off the king of the jungle. I’ve know John for 40 years. He was resolved to be done long before the end of last year.

Lag if u are referring to McKenny you prove how little you know about FH football. McKenny is a competitor in every sense of the word. He’s not like your guy who jumped ship to go some hyped up paper tiger in hopes to knock off the king of the jungle. I’ve know John for 40 years. He was resolved to be done long before the end of last year.

The entire defense at FH graduated, you have a championship to defend and perhaps the toughest competitor in FH history and your defensive coach takes a hike. Fine. Get off Foley's ass.

I’m not going to say Foley is an asshole but I will agree that he went to Southern because he thought that Southern would be the best team in the area. Do u believe he would go to Northern? I sure hope no one is that stupid. He believed what people were saying about FH last year. He went cherry picking in Oakland last year and got a 45 spot run up his rear end in the first half of the playoffs.

Spare me the sarcastic bullshit. Your defensive coach no doubt took a Roberto Duran because he didn't want a potentially - and having acted historically - unstable head coach crawling up his ass after a scheduled loss.

Last edited:
Lag you’re blinded by you’re own envy of FHs program. If u would take a second and read what you write and discover the back button, you could save yourself from looking like a true hater. You are a smart guy and I admire what you have done in life, however you blow it big when u take shots at a quality, stand up guy like John McKenny. If u knew him you would never say these things.

Lag you’re blinded by you’re own envy of FHs program. If u would take a second and read what you write and discover the back button, you could save yourself from looking like a true hater. You are a smart guy and I admire what you have done in life, however you blow it big when u take shots at a quality, stand up guy like John McKenny. If u knew him you would never say these things.

I don't envy FH for anything... or Cumberland for that matter. You guys want to take a shot at a coach who spent multiple years working with a shrinking program just because he took a year to help out another local team... well, fine. Then be prepared for some flack. I am sure Foley is just as much a stand up guy as your McKenny - and maybe more so because Foley didn't have all the frickin' talent in town to work with.

Lag, you are just instigating now just to stir.

Really? I mean.... Really? You frickin' red-jackets sure circle the wagons after one of your own takes a totally unfair shot at a dedicated coach across town. (Incidentally, that CP game has surely been in discussion long before it was signed and you know it.)

Did you even read this shit:

"Every one under the sun knew Foley would be one and done at Southern. He's too old these days to stick around when he doesn't think he has the kids to win."- BH

You and the rest of the red-jackets can take the below statement and all the rest and cram them collectively up your asses:

He's just an asshole who bounces around the area based on how good he thinks a team might be to make himself look good. - BH
He Has Coached at Frankfort, Keyser, Allegany & Southern. He has no ties to any of those schools more than Frankfort but he isn't really getting Paid more than a few hundred dollars a year. He is Retired from Teaching in WV and Money doesn't seem to be a problem so I have no bad thoughts of him going and coaching wherever he wants each year. Fort Hill is just a different thing altogether as Coaches have been loyal to their Alma Mater and I sometimes shake my head and think why? like whats the big deal.
Allegany used to be the same but most of them have gotten older, have kids and have moved on.
FH has a group of 5-6 Coaches that have been there for years and they seem to bring others in all the time and they pass up the others for a year or two and then they just come and go .....

Coaches changing Schools every year seems about normal as College and NFL guys do it all the time
I've always wondered why a few of those guys at FH would stick around Coaching Freshman or JV when they could go within an hour and get Head Coaching Jobs all the time.
Who can remember the last Coach from Cumberland that left to take a High School Head coaching Job out of Cumberland???
it happens all the time everywhere else.
Spring Mills, Washington, Hedgesville, Musselman, Hampshire and even Martinsburg went out and hired Outsiders from other area's
Alan Fidler previously was the head coach at NCAA Division II Glenville State College (WV) where he had a winning record of 45-32 over seven years. He also was head coach at Moorefield High School in West Virginia for seven seasons (’93-’99), and, after an assistants job at Marshall University, returned to Moorefield for an additional three seasons (2001-03). In the ten total years at Moorefield, Fiddler won six West Virginia Class A state championships, going 98-28 in the process and is Now the Head Coach at Patrick Henry High School in Virginia.
Martisnburg's Dave Walker Coached at Hampshire, East Hardy and Now Martinsburg.

I feel these guys are Coaching for Pennies and Should be able to go wherever someone will hire them and let them do what they love to do

He Has Coached at Frankfort, Keyser, Allegany & Southern. He has no ties to any of those schools more than Frankfort but he isn't really getting Paid more than a few hundred dollars a year. He is Retired from Teaching in WV and Money doesn't seem to be a problem so I have no bad thoughts of him going and coaching wherever he wants each year. Fort Hill is just a different thing altogether as Coaches have been loyal to their Alma Mater and I sometimes shake my head and think why? like whats the big deal.
Allegany used to be the same but most of them have gotten older, have kids and have moved on.
FH has a group of 5-6 Coaches that have been there for years and they seem to bring others in all the time and they pass up the others for a year or two and then they just come and go .....
Coaches changing Schools every year seems about normal as College and NFL guys do it all the time
I've always wondered why a few of those guys at FH would stick around Coaching Freshman or JV when they could go within an hour and get Head Coaching Jobs all the time.
Who can remember the last Coach from Cumberland that left to take a High School Head coaching Job out of Cumberland???
it happens all the time everywhere else.
Spring Mills, Washington, Hedgesville, Musselman, Hampshire and even Martinsburg went out and hired Outsiders from other area's
Alan Fidler previously was the head coach at NCAA Division II Glenville State College (WV) where he had a winning record of 45-32 over seven years. He also was head coach at Moorefield High School in West Virginia for seven seasons (’93-’99), and, after an assistants job at Marshall University, returned to Moorefield for an additional three seasons (2001-03). In the ten total years at Moorefield, Fiddler won six West Virginia Class A state championships, going 98-28 in the process and is Now the Head Coach at Patrick Henry High School in Virginia.
Martisnburg's Dave Walker Coached at Hampshire, East Hardy and Now Martinsburg.

I feel these guys are Coaching for Pennies and Should be able to go wherever someone will hire them and let them do what they love to do

Foley is a dedicated coach who has given his time to a shrinking program at Allegany. The criticism of him is bullshit.

I see your point and agree on the Allegany point u make. The Southern move lacked loyalty though. I am sure he is a decent guy but the Southern move was motivated by his idea that they were going to the dance in the West. Lag do u think he would go to Northern and coach that D? If u believe he would, u aren’t who I think u are.

I see your point and agree on the Allegany point u make. The Southern move lacked loyalty though. I am sure he is a decent guy but the Southern move was motivated by his idea that they were going to the dance in the West. Lag do u think he would go to Northern and coach that D? If u believe he would, u aren’t who I think u are.

He's going back to Allegany, a shrinking program that gets its ass handed to it every year now by FH. So, what the hell is your point about Northern? Do you see how stupid that question is? The he-just-wants-to-go-where-he-can-win crap got old on the first post that mentioned it.

That is my point about Northern. He’s a cherry picker.

Well, that is complete bullshit. So, let's see... because he didn't pick to go to probably the weakest program, that makes him a cherry picker... right? That is insane. By your logic, all FH coaches are cherry pickers.

Lag we all had to read thru your Coach Appel tantrums. Of which some of them were true actually to your credit. So if you can dish it you can take it..

Foley was the coach who pushed the whole "listening devices in the FH helmets" ordeal. He got the living snot smacked out of him in the playoffs witH Southern after the MPSSAA shot his mission down unanomously. Foley then bailed from Oakland after one season of crap with their so called greatest senior class in decades. F**k Foley. He's a racist. Ask any current or former black coach from Alco and they will give it to you straight.

Lag, I could care less about the returning Alco coach. I never met the man and only take what others say with a grain of salt. But I double-down on your comparison about the FH coach leaving because of the CP game. It is a baseless conspiracy theory shit stirrer comment. It has been rumored many months ago that FH coaches were leaving; there was talk going around not long after last year’s state championship game. It was said that the HC was leaving and several other coaches would be retiring in a mass exodus. It has actually turned out that the HC has stayed and two coordinators left after quite a tenure in coaching. Hardly, anything to do with the returning players or schedule. Hell, how long has the former FH D-coordinator been coaching, over 20-years from Beall to his alma mater FH. As a FH alum myself it would be nice for him to stay, but damn, doesn’t the guy deserve to be able to retire without a hater calling him a coward over a false made up premise.

Agree here lineman. Lag is just stirring the red jackets up. But to take a shot like that at John McKenny is way wrong. John was a good football player at FH and He played college ball at Frostburg. He had an outstanding coaching career at Beall (2 state final runner ups) and FH (5 titles and 2 runner ups). That man has coached 9 defenses to the state championship! Who has ever done that around here? I am not going to say anything bad about Foley. But I will say he is no Jimmy John McKenny(that’s what we called him when he was a middle schooler). John McKenny don’t run from anyone. And John would sure as hell not run to Oakland or anywhere else just for the sole purpose to win 1 year like everyone thought Southern would do. That’s why Foley and others in the Southern camp and Alco camp wanted so desperately to believe they had FH over a barrel with that bullshit accusation at Southern that night. They made that their HC, they brought Cherry picker up there and he wanted to go up there for 1 reason. To beat FH on that shit field. Well, it didn’t work out. With FH’s 130 yards in penalties and 2 very costly fumbles,and FHs worst played game all year, FH still won. That hurt people like Foley so bad that he and a few others resorted to some coward, crybaby bull shit and used the lamest, weak accusation that I ever heard. I am still embarrassed for those people that believe that shit. To the Southern people that I talk to often who believe like me and the MPSSAA, thank you for not sinking with the few up there that tried to bury FH (like the current Alco coach). Southern has some great people and great kids and I have a ton of respect for those people. I assure u John McKenny would never make that accusation after a loss. He is not some chickenshit cherry picker that would allow his feelings to be hurt over a loss. So do the math Lag or I’ll do it for u, John McKenny and Foley are like apples and oranges. One wins a whole bunch and when he loses, he loses with dignity and one loses much more often with excuses and accusations.

It was widely known that after last season that McKenney, Palumbo and possibly one or two other coaches were seriously considering retirement. With 20+ years in the trenches and five championships in the last six years, they have nothing to prove to anyone. It's well earned. Lags assertion that John only left because of the scheduling of Cathedral Prep is laughable. Dude, go back under your rock and don't crawl out until after the Lackey game and if Alco wins you can tell us how great they will be this season.

Lag we all had to read thru your Coach Appel tantrums. Of which some of them were true actually to your credit. So if you can dish it you can take it..

Foley was the coach who pushed the whole "listening devices in the FH helmets" ordeal. He got the living snot smacked out of him in the playoffs witH Southern after the MPSSAA shot his mission down unanomously. Foley then bailed from Oakland after one season of crap with their so called greatest senior class in decades. F**k Foley. He's a racist. Ask any current or former black coach from Alco and they will give it to you straight.
Sorry but some of this total horseshit. If the only black coach at alco had a problem with Foley being a racist maybe he should’ve complained to either head coach he’s been under or the administration. Foley is a great coach who rubs a whole lot of people the wrong way that’s just how he is. As far as team hopping, Foley is loyal to people not programs that’s why he followed Preskorn around for 20 years. He stayed the year after he resigned, but he didn’t like the way the team was run so he retired after the season. He didn’t run to southern after that he took a year off then decided he still wanted to coach and Southern gave him the chance to. I’m not sure why he came back to Allegany but apparently he isn’t the d coordinator this year he’s just helping the d line

Reactions: OneRing
Foley didn't quit at Southern. He was advised that he would not be welcomed back after the Helmet issue. Several people in Oakland were embarrassed about the whole ordeal. When you consider some of his past antics, Alco is probably the only school in the area that would take him.

Sorry but some of this total horseshit. If the only black coach at alco had a problem with Foley being a racist maybe he should’ve complained to either head coach he’s been under or the administration. Foley is a great coach who rubs a whole lot of people the wrong way that’s just how he is. As far as team hopping, Foley is loyal to people not programs that’s why he followed Preskorn around for 20 years. He stayed the year after he resigned, but he didn’t like the way the team was run so he retired after the season. He didn’t run to southern after that he took a year off then decided he still wanted to coach and Southern gave him the chance to. I’m not sure why he came back to Allegany but apparently he isn’t the d coordinator this year he’s just helping the d line

Consider a coach talking about a student's poor grades, publicly berating his staff and leaving kids to find their own ride home; then, combine that with red-jacket fandom that wallows in a gutter of ruinous lies whenever possible: you come to understand that parents and students will put up with almost anything to consider themselves a winner at something... anything: perchance a Cumberland thing... or maybe a part of Cumberland thing, without which FH would fail to fill a competitive dodge-ball team.

It was widely known that after last season that McKenney, Palumbo and possibly one or two other coaches were seriously considering retirement. With 20+ years in the trenches and five championships in the last six years, they have nothing to prove to anyone. It's well earned. Lags assertion that John only left because of the scheduling of Cathedral Prep is laughable. Dude, go back under your rock and don't crawl out until after the Lackey game and if Alco wins you can tell us how great they will be this season.

Everybody talks about retiring years before they do. They even say to friends that this is their last year and it isn't. For many months there were reasons and countless opportunities to post McKenney's formal retirement. It wasn't posted in this forum until recently (as far as I know).... and.... suddenly all the logical stars go into alignment: starters gone, Cathedral Prep coming, championship on the line and a coach that berates the staff after a loss.

What is the truth? Hell if I know. As I have posted countless times: I only add things up by what is posted in this forum and respond accordingly. What is laughable is how the red-jackets always run the same trail: shit on those whom you beat, shit on those who will not play you and in general have an I'm-wonderful-you're-nobody-bite-my-crank attitude.

Everybody talks about retiring years before they do. They even say to friends that this is their last year and it isn't. For many months there were reasons and countless opportunities to post McKenney's formal retirement. It wasn't posted in this forum until recently (as far as I know).... and.... suddenly all the logical stars go into alignment: starters gone, Cathedral Prep coming, championship on the line and a coach that berates the staff after a loss.

What is the truth? Hell if I know. As I have posted countless times: I only add things up by what is posted in this forum and respond accordingly. What is laughable is how the red-jackets always run the same trail: shit on those whom you beat, shit on those who will not play you and in general have an I'm-wonderful-you're-nobody-bite-my-crank attitude.

Above is a symptom of ADS = Appel Derangement Syndrome. ADS can lead to wild conspiracy theories. Be careful, if one does not seek help it can lead to mania, depression, and excessive hatred towards the sweet juicy fruit itself; that would be a shame.

Reactions: RedPride97
Above is a symptom of ADS = Appel Derangement Syndrome. ADS can lead to wild conspiracy theories. Be careful, if one does not seek help it can lead to mania, depression, and excessive hatred towards the sweet juicy fruit itself; that would be a shame.

hatred towards the sweet juicy fruit

Okay, if you insist ... Appel is now coach sweet-juicy-fruit. It might be an entire new image thing going for him.... you know, like getting in line with the multiple gender trend. Perhaps at the Cumberland library ole sweet-juicy-fruit can lead a tranny book reading... like, you know, bring his image into a kinder, gentler place and put more multi-gender fans in the seats with a rainbow-jacket brigade instead of just the standard red. Hey... I'm hip, I'm cool..... I'm a happin' fool. You go girl... ugh... I mean you go whatever-you-self-determine-person.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT