ADVERTISEMENT

Proud of my Campers!

camper21502

Blue Chip Poster
Sep 21, 2012
They played hard today and that's all you can ask for. I had FH winning 42-6 and most people had FH blowing out Alco. The BIG BLUE showed alot of heart. Hopefully we get to see these teams go at again in 2 weeks.

They played hard today and that's all you can ask for. I had FH winning 42-6 and most people had FH blowing out Alco. The BIG BLUE showed alot of heart. Hopefully we get to see these teams go at again in 2 weeks.

I'll have to watch the vid because I am nowhere close to getting to the game. I hope there were no injuries. This proves that Allegany can beat FH. When it is that close you have to wonder about penalties and play calling - which I always blame on coaching.

They just said on the radio the last time Alco won Homecoming was the yr. Preaskorn went to Iraq lol Foley coached that yr. and they won the State Championship. Mr. Preaskorn comes back the following yr. and we all know the rest.. What is it now 8 in a row???

Reactions: Bubbahead70
Allegany didn't win the state championship that year. Lost to Dunbar in the finals

I can't wait to watch the vid. Something tells me by the lack of FH crowing in here over the win, they aren't happy to be shut out the second half. Makes you wonder why some FH folks can't come in here and claim a good game for Allegany. Well, maybe they had to stop at the bar or something.

Reactions: Bubbahead70
Allegany didn't win the state championship that year. Lost to Dunbar in the finals
Your right I always get that 2007 team mixed up with 2005 State Championship team... The radio confused me because they said the last time Alco beat FH was when Foley took over for Preaskorn the yr. he went to IRAQ. Didnt Foley win the State Championship in 2005?

Alco won states in 05 with Foley, yes.

Why would FH fans need to come in here crowing? When you lose, say little when you win say less. FH won. Alco played well. No need to crow. That does suck that FH got shut out in the second half..it sucks for Alco that they ALSO got shut out in the second half.

Hopefully Alco can beat Boonsboro next week.

Alco dominated just couldn't get the ball in the endzone, if the Kicker wasn't hurt they would of had a few fgs

The line of scrimmage for sure. Also penalties lol. I didn't see FH do anything on offense. Anyone have the stats?? Take away the punt return low line drive punt to brown was not good

If the kicker wasn't hurt they could've had a few field goals ???? Didn't they have a kicker do just fine on an extra point attempt ? So, if your down by 10 with time running out, why doesn't same kicker kick a field goal instead of going for it on 4th and 5 ? Afterall, they were going to need 3 points at some point ?

Reactions: real world
Not counting special teams I had FH with 305 total yards. Alco with 207. Who dominated offense?

Imes was sacked 4 times in 6 plays on that last drive, and was sacked 7 times on the game. Sounds like FHs Dline was everybit as effective if not more.

FH had more points, more time of possession, more offensive yardage, and created more sacks. So I'm not going to be able to go along with Alco dominating anything. They did VERY well, but they didnt lead in any statistical area of the game.

Reactions: 52 to victory
I agree their kicker wasn't dressed, but yes they should have let the other kid kick at least 2 fg they were close enough for him it seemed

The last drive everyone knew what was coming and that is when they lost most of the offense yards on those sacks at the end of the game. everytime they ran over right tackle it was for 4-6 yards how many passes did he have plenty of time to throw....most of the game

Not counting special teams I had FH with 305 total yards. Alco with 207. Who dominated offense?

Imes was sacked 4 times in 6 plays on that last drive, and was sacked 7 times on the game. Sounds like FHs Dline was everybit as effective if not more.

FH had more points, more time of possession, more offensive yardage, and created more sacks. So I'm not going to be able to go along with Alco dominating anything. They did VERY well, but they didnt lead in any statistical area of the game.

I admit I cannot wait to watch the vid. The numbers seem interesting. I don't think I would put all that weight on one drive. And, 300 yards while getting shut out in the second half sounds more than interesting - so does the fact that one score was a returned punt. I am also scratching my head how Allegany only gave up 17 points (one on special teams) and yet only gained 200 yards the entire game.

143 of Alleganys total offense was Imes. Including his 70 yard TD run. I know you guys are all excited about the close score..but really, offensively, Allegany did very little as well.

Who the hell is excited about a close score? I am happy Allegany played hard. FH has superior talent - one player in particular. Homecoming to me is about the dignity that each student gets out of the game. All the other stuff belongs to oldsters who either puff things up or besmirch achievements.

Reactions: camper21502
Well played game between both teams. Closer than I thought it would be. Props to Alco. Both defenses played very well. I hope Alco beats Boonsboro next week and we see a rematch in 2 weeks.

When was last time FH was held to 1 offensive TD?
That was impressive. I cant remember the last time FH was held to 1 offensive td... I dont think it's something we will see again this yr. even if there is a rematch...

Both offensive TDs in todays games were scored on the ground..by the QBs. Kind of a neat stat. Im still pretty impressed with the way Imes played today.

If the kicker wasn't hurt they could've had a few field goals ???? Didn't they have a kicker do just fine on an extra point attempt ? So, if your down by 10 with time running out, why doesn't same kicker kick a field goal instead of going for it on 4th and 5 ? Afterall, they were going to need 3 points at some point ?
I was thinking they would try a fg there but I guess they did'nt have enough confidence in the backup kicker. What about 3rd n goal inside the 10 Korn calls a QB sneak up the middle lmao...

Reactions: real world
First congratulations to both teams for playing hard. The game is over and talking, complaining, wishing isn't going to change made or missed penalties. I am proud of my Sentinels for playing hard and stepping up when they needed to. We can spin the score and plays however we wish. It's homecoming. There is hardly ever that cookie cutter win in homecoming. Must we look in the past to figure that out? So in saying so congratulations again for an incredible game. The kids in Cumberland as well as parents and fans should be proud for the way they played the game today.

Last edited:
First congratulations to both teams for playing hard. The game is over and talking, complaining, wishing isn't going to change made or missed penalties. I am proud of my Sentinels for playing hard and stepping up when they needed to. We can spin the score and plays however we wish. It's homecoming. There is hardly ever that cookie cutter win in homecoming. Need we need to look in the past to figure that out? So in saying so congratulations again for an incredible game. The kids in Cumberland as well as parents and fans should be proud for the way they played the game today.
very well said! It would be easy to get distracted by the negative chatter but if you are FH you did everything you set out to accomplish: you are the number one seed, you have the opportunity to play 3 playoff games at home, you play a Northern team Alco and Boonesboro have beaten, all while Alco has to go on the road and play an undefeated team that is apparently chomping at the bit to get to FH. Stringing together 8 homecomings in a row is an almost impossible achievement, it doesn't matter if it was by 1 point it is still a win. It also doesn't matter if you were outgained 500 yards to 10, it's still a win. Enjoy the victory, get back to work, there is still more football to be played!

In the past I would be upset with a Homecoming loss. We have fallen so far during the Preaskorn Era that now I consider it a good Homecoming when we dont get blown out. It's hard being a Camper Fan knowing this Korn nightmare will never end...

Reactions: towpath94
This whole Foley thing has me scratching my head. Foley was interim head coach in 2007 when Preaskorn was in Iraq. That year the campers lost to Dunbar in the state championship to finish 13-1. Preaskorn was still hear in 2005 when Allegany beat Snow Hill in the state championship and finish 14-0

Speaking of Foley did anyone see him get hurt during the game? A non-contact leg injury it looked like. He took off the headset for a few plays and was trying to walk it off.

In the past I would be upset with a Homecoming loss. We have fallen so far during the Preaskorn Era that now I consider it a good Homecoming when we dont get blown out. It's hard being a Camper Fan knowing this Korn nightmare will never end...

Every FH fan knows exactly what you are talking about...it's called Jim Chaney.

Agreed. It's a victory for Alco just to keep homecoming within 2 scores to maintain some dignity. Times they have certainly changed.

This whole Foley thing has me scratching my head. Foley was interim head coach in 2007 when Preaskorn was in Iraq. That year the campers lost to Dunbar in the state championship to finish 13-1. Preaskorn was still hear in 2005 when Allegany beat Snow Hill in the state championship and finish 14-0
2007 Korn lost sate championship to Tavon Austin/Dunbar....
2005 Foley took over for Korn and lead them to a undefeated season and a state championship win over Ben Tate/Snow Hill

2007 Korn lost sate championship to Tavon Austin/Dunbar....
2005 Foley took over for Korn and lead them to a undefeated season and a state championship win over Ben Tate/Snow Hill
Preaskorn has never won a State Championship... NEVER WILL!!!!
Our last 2 was
2001- Tim Kane
2005- Tom Foley interim HC for Preaskorn serving in Iraq

Reactions: FortHillFan89
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT