ADVERTISEMENT

Post Game interview

Explain? Because you’ve only put words in my mouth up to this point

"I’m only referencing the emotion of the game, and the intent of the play calling."

" I feel Apple truly loves his kids, doesn’t want to see them get hurt, and doesn’t want them in over their head. I feel he doesn’t care about scheduling arguments, and he just wants to compete at the level he’s been assigned to compete at. "

You can give your opinion on all of that, but remove yourself from one public comment?

All coaches love their kids and don't want them to get hurt. Doesn't excuse throwing people who work hard for your program under the bus. It's classless.
These words... “I have to let you know... I’m a man with a set of skills... I will find you” lol

"I’m only referencing the emotion of the game, and the intent of the play calling."

" I feel Apple truly loves his kids, doesn’t want to see them get hurt, and doesn’t want them in over their head. I feel he doesn’t care about scheduling arguments, and he just wants to compete at the level he’s been assigned to compete at. "

You can give your opinion on all of that, but remove yourself from one public comment?
Are you on MY side at this point?

Ok I’ve had my laughs.

To be simple and end my thoughts

I literally seen the game and with my own eyes and situations. My comments are nothing more than coaching from the stands. I know the whole story because I witnessed it.

I literally heard the interview live. I had my own “knee jerk reaction”, but then gave thought to it. I don’t know the whole story, because I have NOT witnessed it.

Nothing I said can be construed as a contradiction. I’m not interested in feeding your trolling anymore

Reactions: Waggle Pass
Ok I’ve had my laughs.

To be simple and end my thoughts

I literally seen the game and with my own eyes and situations. My comments are nothing more than coaching from the stands. I know the whole story because I witnessed it.

I literally heard the interview live. I had my own “knee jerk reaction”, but then gave thought to it. I don’t know the whole story, because I have NOT witnessed it.

Nothing I said can be construed as a contradiction. I’m not interested in feeding your trolling anymore
A lot of moot stuff there. And more contradicting.
Everything you've said has contradicted something else. Me accurately calling you out on that doesn't make me a troll. In fact, you calling me a troll only shows how you can't defend your contradictions. Playing the troll card is the only thing you got to make it look like you aren't just another member of the circle jerk with FHFan. You know no more about the play calling than you do the interview. Why you can't see that is beyond all logic.

Reactions: BoyznBlue
Everything you've said has contradicted something else. Me accurately calling you out on that doesn't make me a troll. In fact, you calling me a troll only shows how you can't defend your contradictions. Playing the troll card is the only thing you got to make it look like you aren't just another member of the circle jerk with FHFan. You know no more about the play calling than you do the interview. Why you can't see that is beyond all logic.
I did not know I was so misguided... thank you for shedding some light on things I need to work on.

I just don't like the throwing someone under the bus. He said that ON the radio. I don't care what went on behind the doors, that's none of my business nor do I want to know.

He said what he said. If he and Todd are cool with it, then good on them. But if his emotions can make him say that, my emotions can react to what was said.
Agreed.
I also agree with an earlier post that the sky is not falling. The last time FH lost it didn't end too badly.
That win streak comes with some nerves and stress, perhaps they can loosen up a bit now that it's over.
If you lose but learn from it and grow, is it really all bad?
On the other hand, if you think there's nobody left that can beat you because it's all 1A from here on, well you might end up feeling worse than you felt today.

But just before a complete overhaul of my ideology...

Are you equating me watching a 3rd and 3 on the field... seeing us run a pass play and getting sacked, while I trust the run... to me not being a “fly on the wall” when someone is having a private conversation?

Are you equating me watching a 3rd and 3 on the field... seeing us run a pass play and getting sacked, while I trust the run... to me not being a “fly on the wall” when someone is having a private conversation?

Are you really saying you have more insight to the thought process of a play call than an interview just because you saw the play?

And please tell me how you consider an interview on the radio a private conversation.

Are you really saying you have more insight to the thought process of a play call than an interview just because you saw the play?

Well I can’t determine if back in the 80’s Todd played for the Patriots, and was part of a team that rushed and a 3rd and 3, failed, and has been haunted by that memory ever since.

Well I can’t determine if back in the 80’s Todd played for the Patriots, and was part of a team that rushed and a 3rd and 3, failed, and has been haunted by that memory ever since.
You just keep getting dumber. You aren't doing yourself any favors.

Are you even paying attention? “The whole story” LITERALLY implies I haven’t heard everything
Just like you DONT KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT THE PLAY CALLING. Repeating the flaws of your logic over and over isn't making your reasoning any more sensible.

I have insight... not more, not less, just insight.

Then you have insight to the interview. This really isn't that hard. Your unabashed love for the coach of a high school football team is really making you confused.

Just like you DONT KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT THE PLAY CALLING. Repeating the flaws of your logic over and over isn't making your reasoning any more sensible, but ignore me because I like to troll.
PAY ATTENTION!!!

I WATCHED the play calls...

I can't believe how much Apple hates the kids at Fort Hill. I saw him slap one in the face once, but it wasn't a play call so I didn't want to comment on it.

Finally, some consistency from you.

Last edited:
Fap! Fap! Fap! Fap! Fap! Whaaaaaa!

Sneaky Sanchez crying that I broke up the circle jerk.

Good luck in life bud. Wish you well, and unconditional happiness
Enjoy your sheltered bubble, jerky. LPT - have a little consistency and objectivity. It will stop you from being embarrassed like you were here tonight.

Well thanks todd! Two more next year would be great!, Apple must be about cupcakes or winning streaks.... Im about gd games and a challenge

Reactions: camper21502
It must be very difficult to have to go against a team that is bigger, faster, and has more depth than the team you are coaching. Welcome to the world of nearly every other 1A team in the state when the play the machine that is Fort Hill.
Most other teams start 11 players that go both ways and do not have the depth to rotate lineman in and out to keep them fresh the way Fort Hill does. Every other coach would love this luxury but the falloff between those starters and bench players is just too great to risk in a big game. Coach should not have to apologize for their numbers, schedule or success, but neither should Todd H have to apologize for testing them and scheduling a strong opponent. I think it was the perfect time to play a team like this heading into the playoffs to give their players perspective. No matter how good you may perceive yourself to be, there is always an opponent out there that is bigger, faster and stronger.

Reactions: camper21502
Coach was upset about injuries that were taking place. FCC had a full offense, and a full defense. I don’t recall seeing any player play both sides of the ball.
question going forward - will any injuries have an effect on the rest of the season
and if coach was really concerned about injuries why were starters in the game with 1, 2 and 3 minutes to go in the game? a lot of comments have been made about they never quit they kept fighting and that's admirable, but what in the H were they doing in there down 18 points with not a prayer of winning the game? there are a lot guys who never even got in the game that would've been thrilled to get some time the last 5 minutes.

It must be very difficult to have to go against a team that is bigger, faster, and has more depth than the team you are coaching. Welcome to the world of nearly every other 1A team in the state when the play the machine that is Fort Hill.
Most other teams start 11 players that go both ways and do not have the depth to rotate lineman in and out to keep them fresh the way Fort Hill does. Every other coach would love this luxury but the falloff between those starters and bench players is just too great to risk in a big game. Coach should not have to apologize for their numbers, schedule or success, but neither should Todd H have to apologize for testing them and scheduling a strong opponent. I think it was the perfect time to play a team like this heading into the playoffs to give their players perspective. No matter how good you may perceive yourself to be, there is always an opponent out there that is bigger, faster and stronger.
amen to that!

question going forward - will any injuries have an effect on the rest of the season
and if coach was really concerned about injuries why were starters in the game with 1, 2 and 3 minutes to go in the game? a lot of comments have been made about they never quit they kept fighting and that's admirable, but what in the H were they doing in there down 18 points with not a prayer of winning the game? there are a lot guys who never even got in the game that would've been thrilled to get some time the last 5 minutes.
You maybe right... I have nothing to add here

Hunters just got beat by Saints to knock them out of the B team playoffs

You cant ask that or Sneaky and FHFan will call you a troll. It doesn't matter that it's a valid question you raised, it just doesn't fit with the rest of the echo chamber.
He can read the coach's mind when it comes to 99% of the interview, like him being upset because of injuries, and take a guess at the thought process of the play calling, but is too noble to say he can read the coach's mind when it comes to a public comment on the radio.

Last edited:
Other than the injury to the guard who went out in the first half (which doesn't appear to be as serious as initially thought) most of what I've heard, unofficially, is that it's a lot of bumps and bruises and need for some rest.

I know it's unrealistic, cause the kids will want to play, but there are several starters I would think could use as much rest as possible. But if they feel they can play this week, they might as well get their reps.

Other than my feelings about the above mentioned interview, I've never doubted the way the coaches deal with injuries and rest issues. They know what they're doing. Bar none.

I have no need to discuss schedules anymore since there is nothing more to add other than repeating oneself. Feel free to continue this long time debate if you so wish. The people that run the FH program will decide what is best for FH.

The only thing I will add is that Todd Helmick finds opponents with openings where FH has an opening. Much like I do or have done for many teams. No stone goes unturned in a 5 hour driving radius. The FH coaching staff determines whether they want the game or not. Sometimes the options for a given week are very limited if there is even an option at all. The system I have no control over. Although if I did have control this stuff gets straightened out quick with hard line decisions. But I am not in a position to make those hard line decisions. Nor am I in a position to just hand FH a football schedule or a football game and demand they play it. Sometimes the only option is a team from Florida. Or play no game at all.

Friendship 5-3
DeMatha 5-3
Calvert Hall 4-4
Good Counsel 4-2
Archbishop Spalding 4-3

If any team is interested in a game with these 3 and 4 loss private/charter schools give me a shout.

Last edited:
Thank you for a classy and direct response, Todd. It's unfortunate that your name was brought up at all on the radio. The only person who okays the schedule for FH is the head coach himself.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT