ADVERTISEMENT

Perry article

Rebuild the program? He has nowhere to go but up. Last year his team got beat by USO 40 - 0. USO was the team that Fort Hill beat 75 - 8! If they stay within 60 of Alco, I'll be shocked.

Ever since I made the Pittsburgh City League connection 7 years ago that helped fill many Fort Hill holes on the schedule, the league has slowly declined. Granted there were bad teams 7 years ago but at least you could expect 2 of those teams to be respectable. Now even the top team in the City League struggles mightily against out-of-league opponents. Any time one of the teams gets a top level player that kid usually ends up transferring somewhere else in Pittsburgh and out of the city league. The line of scrimmage is always a monster problem for most every city school and they are usually very undisciplined. Your biggest hope is that the city league team you pick up wins its share of league games to boost your point total. Perry is already 2-0 so that is good. But I don't see them being able to play with Alco. A great last minute job to find this team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT