ADVERTISEMENT

OFFICIAL Fort Hill Football 2019 Schedule

TDHelmick

Hall of Fame Poster
May 29, 2001
The Fort Hill Football website is back up and running. All varsity, JV and freshmen schedules are officially posted.

www.FortHillFootball.net

For the record, Fort Hill still is only listing 8 varsity games. They are still one game short (Week 4, September 27). This should not be a secret to those that follow schedules. Just relax and I will post when that last game is set.

Also, Capital Christian does have a team for the 7th straight season. They have a full schedule of games and have been working out this summer with a new head coach.

The 11th Annual Queen City Quad is full with 4 teams. Three of those teams will also be bringing their JV for the JV Quad on the upper practice fields at the same time. Just like we have always done in the past.

Fort Hill will continue to play Alco twice at the JV level. Obviously, not at the freshman level. The FH freshmen will play the Frankfort JV for the Little Homecoming double header. Good to see these kids back at it after watching the Patriots and Rams play for the area Youth League D1 and D2 titles last year. More on freshmen and JV schedules later in regards to how this new 9 game format affects them. In short, all freshmen and JV teams can play a full 9 game allotment.

Last edited:
Also, in case you didn't notice...

detroit_lions_logo_FH.gif

The Fort Hill Football website is back up and running. All varsity, JV and freshmen schedules are officially posted.

www.FortHillFootball.net

For the record, Fort Hill still is only listing 8 varsity games. They are still one game short (Week 4, September 27). This should not be a secret to those that follow schedules. Just relax and I will post when that last game is set.

Also, Capital Christian does have a team for the 7th straight season. They have a full schedule of games and have been working out this summer with a new head coach.

The 11th Annual Queen City Quad is full with 4 teams. Three of those teams will also be bringing their JV for the JV Quad on the upper practice fields at the same time. Just like we have always done in the past.

Fort Hill will continue to play Alco twice at the JV level. Obviously, not at the freshman level. The FH freshmen will play the Frankfort JV for the Little Homecoming double header. Good to see these kids back at it after watching the Patriots and Rams play for the area Youth League D1 and D2 titles last year. More on freshmen and JV schedules later in regards to how this new 9 game format affects them. In short, all freshmen and JV teams can play a full 9 game allotment.
Are you sure about playing Allegany two times at JV. I hear Allegany has Mountain Ridge week 1 for Jv and only playing FH in little homecoming

Wouldn't it be nice to travel 5 hours on Week 4 and have FH play some team from Northern Ohio on Saturday, then have the Big Red Wagon folks make their way another hour drive to Detroit for the Sunday game -- Kansas City Chiefs at Detroit Lions -- 1:00 pm. WINK, WINK!!!

If I could use my Paw Paw Lemonade money FH would play in Detroit on Saturday and stay the night to see the Lions on Sunday. Done Deal! FYI, Detroit is only a 6 hour drive from Cumberland.

Last edited:
Great Job with the site Todd as always

Now I'm going to brag
I had the Fort Hill 2019Football Schedule correct on May 15th

Todd will you have anything with helping Fort Hill try to find a 9/27 game?

Wouldn't it be nice to travel 5 hours on Week 4 and have FH play some team from Northern Ohio on Saturday, then have the Big Red Wagon folks make their way another hour drive to Detroit for the Sunday game -- Kansas City Chiefs at Detroit Lions -- 1:00 pm. WINK, WINK!!!

If I could use my Paw Paw Lemonade money FH would play in Detroit on Saturday and stay the night to see the Lions on Sunday. Done Deal! FYI, Detroit is only a 6 hour drive from Cumberland.
I would like it, Chiefs 54 Lions 13 Final lol
I used to go to Chiefs road games when I could but the past few years I have just made trips to Arrowhead. Planning that later this year December 15th vs Bronco's and 3 Total nights so I can buy lots of stuff me and my kids don't need with Arrowheads on it. :)
Glad to see the site is back as well Todd.

I have to give a shout out to that kind of fan support.

Great Job with the site Todd as always

Now I'm going to brag
I had the Fort Hill 2019Football Schedule correct on May 15th

Todd will you have anything with helping Fort Hill try to find a 9/27 game?

YES! Our cell phone text timing was eerie.

Northern Ohio. If it happens, then road trip it is. See you there. I have a couple of cats that will probably roll along.

Out of curiosity, what is the significance of the Lion?

With the 186th pick of the 2019 NFL Draft, the Detroit Lions selected former Fort Hill running back Ty Johnson.

I keep reading great things from the Detroit press about Ty from spring training. I hear he got a good many reps towards the end with the first team. I really believe the Lions see him as more than just their special teams/limited offensive role. Wish him the best of luck making the fall roster. Cumberland is with him.

Northern Ohio. If it happens, then road trip it is. See you there. I have a couple of cats that will probably roll along.

"It" would have already been done if the money was there immediately. We'll see what the cat drags in.

But make no mistake, there are super hard budgets in all athletics right now. Going to get interesting for a ton of schools, especially the small schools.

Are you sure about playing Allegany two times at JV. I hear Allegany has Mountain Ridge week 1 for Jv and only playing FH in little homecoming

Thanks to your post, I double checked and you are correct. Alco and FH will only play once this year in JV football at the end of the season. That was a mix up on the FH end. I'm not sure what the reasoning was behind only playing one time in JV as I was not involved in that decision. Both teams have always played twice - first and last - since at least the 1970s. This will be the first time in roughly 50 years it hasn't happened. But things are changing as the county shrinks. It is what it is.

But I do appreciate the heads up. May have helped the FH kids play a game that week. I updated the FH website. And for the record here is the full Allegany JV football schedule for 2019. Dates and times always subject to change.

ALLEGANY 2019 JV FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
Sep. 7 (Sat) - at Mountain Ridge - 1:00 pm
Sep. 16 (Mon) - Keyser - 6:30 pm
Sep. 23 (Mon) - Frankfort - 7:00 pm
Oct. 2 (Wed) - at Boonsboro - 6:00 pm
Oct. 7 (Mon) - at Northern Garrett - 6:00 pm
Oct. 14 (Mon) - at Southern Garrett - 7:00 pm
Oct. 21 (Mon) - Hampshire - 5:00 pm
Oct. 28 (Mon) - vs. Fort Hill - 7:00

Last edited:
I heard Dunbar DC is the week 4 game but the contract hasn't been signed yet. I hate the second half of FH's schedule, not blaming anyone, just speaking as a fan who loves to see good high school football in the best HS stadium in the state. Now that everyone makes the playoffs I would like to see someone from outside the schools do the schedules for both Alco and FH, someone or a committee who could assure that there is a game every Friday night in the stadium, competitive games that would stir fan interest.

Community support will neve4 be what it was. It wouldn't matter what the schedule is. The passion to support has left the building. No one's fault. It's a different Cumberland folks.

Nothing new to report. Until something is signed it won't be posted. There are options that involve lots more money...something that isn't there with most any high school these days.

It is a different Cumberland by a long shot. I can only smh when I see the folks living here that are still in denial.

Nothing new to report. Until something is signed it won't be posted. There are options that involve lots more money...something that isn't there with most any high school these days.

It is a different Cumberland by a long shot. I can only smh when I see the folks living here that are still in denial.
I dont know if playin Dunbar(dc) would be the best option for this year,but that game needs to happen! Put the past bs for both teams behind us and start a new chapter.. I still get the oohh u went to fh.. where the racist bigots reside, every time I talk to somebody from the DC area.. I personally think its ignorance and lack of knowledge of the situation for the most part, but it's still being looked at that way.. easiest way to solve that bs is play football... imo it sounded more like a way out for Dunbar rather than taking that whooping that was about to commence... either way subject for another day, when you do know who's up for week 4 do let us know...thanks

Reactions: 52 to victory
Community support will neve4 be what it was. It wouldn't matter what the schedule is. The passion to support has left the building. No one's fault. It's a different Cumberland folks.

I respectfully disagree. Remember how large the crowd was just a couple years ago when the team from Florida played FH. Fans will still come out in big numbers when the game is not a foregone conclusion before kickoff. Alco/Dunbar had a nice crowd by Allegany standards.

I respectfully disagree. Remember how large the crowd was just a couple years ago when the team from Florida played FH. Fans will still come out in big numbers when the game is not a foregone conclusion before kickoff. Alco/Dunbar had a nice crowd by Allegany standards.

If there are good football games at the stadium, people will show up to watch.

Also look at when the games were played and the weather conditions. FH/Florida was played on a Saturday night when no one else played and it was still moderately warm out and alco/Dunbar was played on a Friday night in great weather when FH played USO in Pittsburg on Saturday. Both games allowed for everyone to be there and watch. Great games draw crowds but so do weather conditions, everyone learned that first hand this past year when it rained every damn Friday night.

Once upon a time, every game at the stadium had the same crowd as the game with the team from Florida.

Once upon a time, every game at the stadium had the same crowd as the game with the team from Florida.
You know something else that a lot of people probably overlook - the N. Hagerstown, S. Hagerstown, Martinsburg, Jefferson games always drew big because their bands were so awesome and many people enjoyed the halftime spectacle as much as the games. With all of the scheduling issues it's not just the rivalries that have been lost but the teams that come in that bring nobody or no band really isn't something that gets the community excited about. I' sure most of us older folks remember all the battle of the bands echoing across the field...I doubt most of todays youth have any idea as to what that even is.

Novaunicorn perfect point, the opponent isn’t there like it use to be, those games were fun rivals.

You know something else that a lot of people probably overlook - the N. Hagerstown, S. Hagerstown, Martinsburg, Jefferson games always drew big because their bands were so awesome and many people enjoyed the halftime spectacle as much as the games. With all of the scheduling issues it's not just the rivalries that have been lost but the teams that come in that bring nobody or no band really isn't something that gets the community excited about. I' sure most of us older folks remember all the battle of the bands echoing across the field...I doubt most of todays youth have any idea as to what that even is.

It wasn't scheduling issues, FH and Alco decided to leave the CVAL.

I dont know if playin Dunbar(dc) would be the best option for this year,but that game needs to happen! Put the past bs for both teams behind us and start a new chapter.. I still get the oohh u went to fh.. where the racist bigots reside, every time I talk to somebody from the DC area.. I personally think its ignorance and lack of knowledge of the situation for the most part, but it's still being looked at that way.. easiest way to solve that bs is play football... imo it sounded more like a way out for Dunbar rather than taking that whooping that was about to commence... either way subject for another day, when you do know who's up for week 4 do let us know...thanks

This is 100% false, lol. Nobody in the DC area is thinking about FH. People in the DC area only know about their own high schools rivals, and there are only a couple of 1A programs. Very few people remember the Dunbar DC game. Even the year it happened it was only a story for about three weeks then everyone moved on.

Full disclosure here.....Allegany left 15 years before Fort Hill.
They were in and out twice actually, and I think they played everybody but Jefferson during that first 4-5 year stint they were out. That was always weird to me. Getting out of it, but then playing most of the league anyway.

They were in and out twice actually, and I think they played everybody but Jefferson during that first 4-5 year stint they were out. That was always weird to me. Getting out of it, but then playing most of the league anyway.

Last time Allegany played Martinsburg was 1989......

This is why I'm hoping the series with Hollidaysburg continues and maybe Allegany can pick them up as well. Their facilities are first rate and their band is great!

Reactions: RedPride97

That's an awesome get, big time PIAA program. 4A state champs last season and finished ranked #2 in PA and #86 in the country. Also won state championships in 2012, 2016 and 2017 (undefeated all 3 years) and were runners-up in 2015. Have won at least 9 games every year since 2008.

CalPreps has FH a 25 point underdog on a neutral field. Props to them for taking the game. By far the best opponent they've scheduled in a long time.

Reactions: bigsavage
That's an awesome get, big time PIAA program. 4A state champs last season and finished ranked #2 in PA and #86 in the country. Also won state championships in 2012, 2016 and 2017 (undefeated all 3 years) and were runners-up in 2015. Have won at least 9 games every year since 2008.

CalPreps has FH a 25 point underdog on a neutral field. Props to them for taking the game. By far the best opponent they've scheduled in a long time.

Even if a potential rebuilding year, that is a hell of a program. FH really stepping up their competitive game. Hats off to all who made it happen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT