ADVERTISEMENT

Oakdale Thumps Linganore Tonight!

OakdaleFootball

Junior Varsity Reader
Nov 7, 2017
Oakdale 56. Linganore. 7. Haven't seen the stats, but Oakdale QB had to throw for over 300 yards with 4 TDs and scored the first running touchdown of the game. There's no way that the Williamsport QB is anywhere close to Oakdale's QB like someone on this board suggested.

Reactions: cumbfanatic
Walkersville beat them pretty bad last year and in 2012, Westminster beat them 50-7. Same Westminster team ended Martinsburg's 42 game streak. Linganore has a very good team this year but Oakdale is unreal. Some think they are the best public school team in Maryland this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: OakdaleFootball
Wow! Great win. That was a Williamsport supporter and the Williamsport QB did not do much throwing against Alleganys terrible D, that's not impressive at all. A decent QB would have a field day against Allegany....Average QBs have career days against Allegany lol

Reactions: OakdaleFootball
Wow! Great win. That was a Williamsport supporter and the Williamsport QB did not do much throwing against Alleganys terrible D, that's not impressive at all. A decent QB would have a field day against Allegany....Average QBs have career days against Allegany lol
LOL

You guys know nothing about football. Like I said if the Williamsport QB had the same surrounding cast that the Oakdale QB has he would put up just as good numbers. Williamsport QB has no line and maybe one deep threat receiver. If you look at skill set.....arm strength and decision making the Ball kid from Williamsport is the best QB in this area.

Put the Oakdale QB on the Williamsport team and see what his numbers are.

You guys know nothing about football. Like I said if the Williamsport QB had the same surrounding cast that the Oakdale QB has he would put up just as good numbers. Williamsport QB has no line and maybe one deep threat receiver. If you look at skill set.....arm strength and decision making the Ball kid from Williamsport is the best QB in this area.

Aren't you the one that said Linganore was the best team you saw play since the 2011 Middletown team and a few weeks ago said Williamsport might only lose one more game the rest of the year to the South Hagerstown? Obviously you don't know how to judge high school football talent. Oakdale's quarterback makes everybody on his team better. If Williamsport quarterback was as capable as Oakdale's he would do the same and lead his team to victory over mediocre teams like North Hagerstown. I don't know if you know who Kyle McFadden is, but he is a reporter that follows high school football around the state and I heard him say on a Frederick News Post Podcast talking about the Oakdale / Linganore game that Oakdale's quarterback was the best QB in the state. You can listen to it yourself as it is on the FNP website. There was no mention of the Williamsport quarteback. I am sure the Williamsport QB is a talented athlete but don't be silly in saying he is easily the best quarterback in Washington and Frederick Counties. Oakdale played Williamsport at basketball last year and walloped them 3 times including playoffs and Oakdale's QB was easily the best athlete on the court as a Junior and he is a better football player than he is basketball player.

I would say that the 6'5" 235 pound Linganore QB is better than Williamsport's as well. He is receiving D1 offers too. Hell, Tuscarora has a 6'2" 220 pound Freshman starting at QB that I would say is probably better than Williamsport's QB. Middletown even has a good QB that's most likely better. That's at least 4 QBs in Frederick County better than Williamsport and I haven't seen South or North High's QB's play.

Im not going argue with you about it. He did absolutely nothing against Allegany. He threw a few short passes and they ran after the catch for yardage. I've seen plenty of good quarterbacks. He is a big strong kid, he is a good runner and athlete. A top quarterback would have completely dominated and will dominate most 1A teams as Ive seen in the past.

It was a rough night to say the least. If you haven't seen Schlee play and have the chance to, you should take the opportunity. Granted, we made it pretty easy on him since at least 2 of those TD passes didn't have a defender within 15 yards, but in all seriousness, he has the best arm I have seen since Billy Cosh at Arundel in 2008. Cosh had no defense to back him up, but Schlee does. I don't see anything standing in the way of an Oakdale-Damascus 2A West Final. Probably should be a State Final game but we don't need to beat that horse any more........

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT