ADVERTISEMENT

Oakdale Glenelg 2A

It Is a whole Cumberland crew working the 2A game. Even the referees working the sticks
They have been the best crew thus far in the finals. But then again, it is only halftime, and they didn't really have to be awesome to be the best crew thus far.

Congratulations to Oakdale!!! Well deserved Championship for the Bears. That program will be a force to wrecking with in the future. Especially as long as they stay in 2A.

Congratulations to Oakdale!!! Well deserved Championship for the Bears. That program will be a force to wrecking with in the future. Especially as long as they stay in 2A.
If they came to Fort Hill and played tomorrow well next week think fort hill would beat them?

If they came to Fort Hill and played tomorrow well next week think fort hill would beat them?
It would be hard to say. Glenelg didn't really challenge the defense of Oakdale. They shot themselves in the foot too much after the first quarter. They did shut down the Glenelg rushing attack after the first quarter. I think Fort Hill's rushing attack would be more difficult for the Bears to shut down. That game would be kind of like all the Championship games this year. I team that likes to run the ball first versus a team that likes to pass the ball first. I think it would be a touchdown game either way.

Honestly FH would fare better against the 3A contenders than Oakdale imo and that's not a knock on FH, but honestly who cares, enjoy the championship without the need to compare to anyone else, the kids earned it.

Reactions: PWA Docket 7323
Oakdale's the real deal. FH played their asses off and earned their championship win. However, 9 times out of 10, Oakdale beats FH by four TDs or more. A team that passes that well is practically unstoppable; Especially, at the HS level.

I stayed and watched the Oakdale game. I was impressed. But I don’t think they match up well with Hill. Fort Hills line I think could control them.. If they play Dunbar in the first game next year they are going to be in a lot of trouble

Glenelg was very weak especially they’re line play. I would put them on par with Havre de grace

I stayed and watched the Oakdale game. I was impressed. But I don’t think they match up well with Hill. Fort Hills line I think could control them.. If they play Dunbar in the first game next year they are going to be in a lot of trouble
With all due respect, everyone said Oakdale didn't match up well with Damacus' line as the Damascus line has the class of 2020 number one recruit in the nation, 6"6 290 lb. Bryan Bresse currently being recruited by every major college in the country and they also have another kid, Ryan Linthicum, 6'5 280 lb. with offers from Ohio State, Michigan and Maryland. I don't think Fort Hill has any linemen with this type of pedigree and Oakdale easily handled Damascus.

2a was very weak this year. Glenelg would get steamrolled by Douglass or Dunbar. Fort Hill would put a running clock one Glenelg before half time . Walkersville, and Middletown are down. Sorry if it makes people mad it’s just the truth.

2a was very weak this year. Glenelg would get steamrolled by Douglass or Dunbar. Fort Hill would put a running clock one Glenelg before half time . Walkersville, and Middletown are down. Sorry if it makes people mad it’s just the truth.
Wow!!! If 2A was weak, 3A must have really been weak! Oakdale beat Linganore this year 56 - 7 and Linganore could have easily won the 3A had they taken advantage of opportunities. Oakdale scrimmaged the 4A champ QO in a game simulated scrimmage and beat them too. Oakdale.was.the best public team in the state of MD this year.

Last edited:
The point is. Other posters try to get on here and downplay Fort hill. To say that Oakdale would put 4 touchdowns on Fort Hill is ludicrous. Enjoy this season and don’t get too cocky. Fort Hill is a monster program in Mariland and there is nothing you can say to downgrade it!

The point is. Other posters try to get on here and downplay Fort hill. To say that Oakdale would put 4 touchdowns on Fort Hill is ludicrous. Enjoy this season and don’t get too cocky. Fort Hill is a monster program in Mariland and there is nothing you can say to downgrade it!
Congrats on Fort Hill's championship. I know they have one of the best programs in the state year in and year out. Maybe Fort Hill and Oakdale can play next year. Be nice to see 2 Western MD powers play each other.

All FH has to do is pick up the phone. Helmick already said thanks but no thanks to scheduling Oakdale. Talking a good game is one thing walking it is another. This is the problem I have with fans like you. The first to say what you would do or they would do. But quiet as a church mouse when competition comes knocking. Just enjoy the victory dude and let Oakdale enjoy theirs.

All FH has to do is pick up the phone. Helmick already said thanks but no thanks to scheduling Oakdale. Talking a good game is one thing walking it is another. This is the problem I have with fans like you. The first to say what you would do or they would do. But quiet as a church mouse when competition comes knocking. Just enjoy the victory dude and let Oakdale enjoy theirs.

I'm retired. I think Oakdale and Martinsburg would be a better match up. I would pay $20 to see that game on PPV. Things just don't happen so easily for a multitude of reasons.

I'm retired. I think Oakdale and Martinsburg would be a better match up. I would pay $20 to see that game on PPV. Things just don't happen so easily for a multitude of reasons.

Honestly with what FH has coming through the pipeline I think all three would be helluva games. I believe Oakdale loses their quarter back and Martinsburg loses alot. That's neither here nor there bc we know it's not gonna happen. I know that you're retired but I thought you responded to Oakdale football saying that you doubt FH schedules Oakdale after he stated that Oakdale called FH? Something to that affect. I may be wrong

Honestly with what FH has coming through the pipeline I think all three would be helluva games. I believe Oakdale loses their quarter back and Martinsburg loses alot. That's neither here nor there bc we know it's not gonna happen. I know that you're retired but I thought you responded to Oakdale football saying that you doubt FH schedules Oakdale after he stated that Oakdale called FH? Something to that affect. I may be wrong
I believe Todd said it was somewhat of a mutual agreement to not play, but I could be wrong

Reactions: Waggle Pass
whiners whine and winners win. I’ll say it over and over. If oakdale plays Dunbar next year like a oakdale poster said. We will see how good they are. Glenelg would not have made it to the 1a final
Coach Appel said it many times. Based on the way the system is set up, you get in the playoffs and then beat who is in front of you.
Ok LET THE CRYING BEGIN

whiners whine and winners win. I’ll say it over and over. If oakdale plays Dunbar next year like a oakdale poster said. We will see how good they are. Glenelg would not have made it to the 1a final
Coach Appel said it many times. Based on the way the system is set up, you get in the playoffs and then beat who is in front of you.
Ok LET THE CRYING BEGIN
I don't understand this logic that Douglas is better than Glenlg.. Douglas made the final in 1A and to be honest is a good 1A team but at the end of the day still lost 5 games including the FH loss this year. Glenlg on the other hand was undefeated and wasn't tested all year until they encountered Oakdale. I think Glenlg had like 6 shutouts in the Howard County league this year. Douglas on the other hand lost to 4A Potomac who barely beat Bowie, in OT a team Oakdale was defeating 35 - 0 at halftime. Honestly, in my opinion, Oakdale, would have put a running clock on Douglas at halftime much like they did with 4A Bowie.. Oakdale gave Damascus Liberty, Glenlg and Linganore, up until their 3A Championship game their only losses this season. Not taken anything away from Fort Hill and Coach Todd Appel because I respect their program and what they do year in and year out, especially with their number of students, as much as any in the state but people have to realize that Fort Hill isn't the same 3A size school as they used to be. Sometimes people can't see.the forest through the trees.

Last edited:
Bowie is a terrible 4a team with a losing record. Flowers is 10-1 and beat Douglas by a point. I’m not knocking oakdale as much as I’m responding to the people that made dumb comparisons about oakdale and fort hill. Unless Walkersville and Middletown can bring their programs up. Most of the better 2a teams will be in 1a now. Douglass, lacky and Gynn park

I don't understand this logic that Douglas is better than Glenlg.. Douglas made the final in 1A and to be honest is a good 1A team but at the end of the day still lost 5 games tincluding the FH toss this year. Glenlg on the other hand was undefeated and wasn't tested all year until they encountered Oakdale. I think Glenlg had like 6 shutouts in the Howard County league this year. Douglas on the.other hand lost to 4A Potomac who barely beat Bowie, in OT a team Oakdale was.defeating 35 - 0 at halftime. Honestly, in my opinion, Oakdale, would have put a running clock on Douglas at halftime much like they did with 4A Bowie.. Oakdale gave Damascus Liberty, Glenlg and Linganore, up until their 3A Championship game their only losses this season. Not taken anything away from Fort Hill.and Coach Todd Appel because I respect their program and what they do year in and year out, especially with their number of students, as much as any in the state but people have to realize that Fort Hill isn't the same 3A size school as they used to be. Sometimes people can't see.the forest through the trees.

I'm with you. Oakdale should schedule next year to make the playoffs and Fort Hill should do likewise. Not sure why others have to turn this into fantasy football. The classifications and school populations are what they are....

I stayed for some of the Oakdale game and thought the atmosphere reminded me of NOVA 5A/6A games....hats off to both crowds and student bodies.

Reactions: OakdaleFootball
One more thing. Your point about ft Hill not being a 3a school now makes ft hilli even more impressive . We have about 44 upper class men playing football. That’s more than most 3a schools. We can see the forest and the trees and it’s full of jealousy.

Oakdale scrimmaged the 4A champ QO in a game simulated scrimmage and beat them too. Oakdale.was.the best public team in the state of MD this year.

Using scrimmage results as an indicator of the possible result of a real game is an exercise in futility.

Starters only played a half. QO was rotating in 2 QB's. Their RB played a 1 quarter. QB's were not allowed to be touched. And the scrimmage still ended in a tie.

Oakdale is very good, but best public is debatable.

Using scrimmage results as an indicator of the possible result of a real game is an exercise in futility.

Starters only played a half. QO was rotating in 2 QB's. Their RB played a 1 quarter. QB's were not allowed to be touched. And the scrimmage still ended in a tie.

Oakdale is very good, but best public is debatable.
Agreed that it is debatable who would win. When the starters played, it was 7 - 0 Oakdale. However, that was played early on in the season and many things change during the course of a season. Would be a great game! Mad respect out to QO Asst Coach Marty Higgins! The man is a walking football encyclopedia and knows football better than anyone I know!

Last edited:
If we used the same philosophy on Martinsburg as people use on FH then M'burg's championships aren't really that impressive, nobody is in awe. If somebody challenged them at all them maybe we could consider them great, but as long as they blow everybody out they are just lucky there is no competition for them, don't we all agree?

If we used the same philosophy on Martinsburg as people use on FH then M'burg's championships aren't really that impressive, nobody is in awe. If somebody challenged them at all them maybe we could consider them great, but as long as they blow everybody out they are just lucky there is no competition for them, don't we all agree?
You are the only one I've seen in here judging the value of FH's titles.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT