ADVERTISEMENT

Oakdale 20 Frederick 17

I bet Frederick is waking up wishing that they had taken the training wheels off their schedule. Got outpointed by a 1 loss team for the 1 seed because of games against 0 win Aberdeen, 1 win Wheaton and 2 win, 1A Catoctin. Instead of a date with Linganore, who they would have easily beaten, they got Oakdale. It will be interesting to see what changes Frederick makes to their schedule after this although I am not convinced they can keep up this level. JV isn't always an indicator of varsity success but they were only 3-6 this year.

I bet Frederick is waking up wishing that they had taken the training wheels off their schedule. Got outpointed by a 1 loss team for the 1 seed because of games against 0 win Aberdeen, 1 win Wheaton and 2 win, 1A Catoctin. Instead of a date with Linganore, who they would have easily beaten, they got Oakdale. It will be interesting to see what changes Frederick makes to their schedule after this although I am not convinced they can keep up this level. JV isn't always an indicator of varsity success but they were only 3-6 this year.
FH needs games.
Everyone else in Frederick County has said no. Never thought I would live to see that day.

FH needs games.
Everyone else in Frederick County has said no. Never thought I would live to see that day.
I don't doubt that one bit. If Oakdale had won the meeting this year, my guess is some of those answers would be different. But that's the world we live in now, we'd rather guarantee an easy win than challenge ourselves and take a chance on a loss. It's especially infuriating considering our current playoff format. There is no need to worry about home field advantage, this is Maryland, not Texas. I've said it before and I'll say it again, in high school football in this state, if you can't beat a team on the road, you aren't going to beat them at home either!

Reactions: ravemwp
I don't doubt that one bit. If Oakdale had won the meeting this year, my guess is some of those answers would be different. But that's the world we live in now, we'd rather guarantee an easy win than challenge ourselves and take a chance on a loss. It's especially infuriating considering our current playoff format. There is no need to worry about home field advantage, this is Maryland, not Texas. I've said it before and I'll say it again, in high school football in this state, if you can't beat a team on the road, you aren't going to beat them at home either!
It all fits this "cancel culture" mindset in society. It all fits this "feelings getting hurt" mindset in society. This frame of mind has been around for a long time but it is far, far, far worse now. Everyone makes the playoffs - doesn't matter. The kids have their feelings hurt when getting beat so cancel it. Or at least fire the coach because he lost and now my kid can't get what he deserves.

It's literally "WE MUST PROTECT OUR CHILDREN FROM GETTING BEAT".

I guess Oakdale losing to Fort Hill didn't cost them anything. May have even refocused them. They are playing in the 3A final.

Damascus is definitely beatable for them. That one will be fun to watch

Common opponent scores don't always mean anything, I know. But Damascus beat Linganore 28-7, Oakdale beat them 28-14. So there's that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT