ADVERTISEMENT

Northern Huskies

everyones-an-expert

Junior Varsity Poster
Oct 9, 2008
Went to see Northern @ Mountain Ridge last night. Was just trying to see the best game in the area and I knew that wouldn’t be at Greenway or in Keyser.

Northern 34-14 over MR. One of MR’s scores was on about a 50 yard strip six.
Big Tre Smith left the game injured also, in the second half I believe. He never came back in the game, hopefully that’s nothing major.
Just not a good night at all for MR in their homecoming game.

Couldn’t get over how small Northern was. I shouldn’t have been surprised I guess, but I just haven’t saw them play since 2017.
All of, or almost all of their speed/skill kids are back next year. The QB used to play Pee Wee for the Saints. He’s small but is so tough, on both sides of the ball. I was also really impressed with Northern’s receivers. They were great at making adjustments and plays on balls in the air.

I just wanted to give Northern some love. They deserve it. They’re almost certainly going to finish 8-1. They’ll probably win a playoff game.

They are very physical! They dominated the line of scrimmage last night on both side of the ball. The Smith kid was a none factor last night. He went out with a injury but I believe he came back in. I also believe all but 1 or 2 linemen will be returning next year, along with all the skills positions. Phil Carr and his coaching staff I believe doesn’t get enough credit. They are no where close to Fort Hill/Catoctin but they are far and away the third best team in the west. I believe they will be hosting a playoff game and getting a win also!

Northern has always been a tough team to deal with due to their coaching and the philosphy on how they play football. They have always been a punch you in the mouth type of team. Those type of teams tend to do well as long as you can punch a team in the mouth. A lot of teams now-a-days aren't used to this type of play. It catches them off guard and it is a very effective way to play football and compete with such low numbers. Phil Carr has always been a great coach and has always done great things with the talent he does get in Accident. I would love to see him with a better pick of talent.

I was one who wrote the Huskies off at the start of the year. I should of knew better. They should finish 8-1 barring an upset. That should get them the #3 or #4 seed in the playoffs and a home playoff game in the first round.

Great job by the Huskies last night in Frostburg.

Reactions: Redwhite90
They are very physical! They dominated the line of scrimmage last night on both side of the ball. The Smith kid was a none factor last night. He went out with a injury but I believe he came back in. I also believe all but 1 or 2 linemen will be returning next year, along with all the skills positions. Phil Carr and his coaching staff I believe doesn’t get enough credit. They are no where close to Fort Hill/Catoctin but they are far and away the third best team in the west. I believe they will be hosting a playoff game and getting a win also!
I'm not so sure that Northern won't beat Catoctin if they meet

Reactions: Wvu21795

Agreed! I can say however that most every single person I talk with in both Allegany and Garrett County have the utmost respect for Phil Carr including myself. I don't know if he realizes this but he does have everyone's respect near and far. Every sport he touches Northern competes regardless of what his numbers might be. Even his worst seasons are something to be proud of. The world needs more Phil Carr leaders.

Agreed! I can say however that most every single person I talk with in both Allegany and Garrett County have the utmost respect for Phil Carr including myself. I don't know if he realizes this but he does have everyone's respect near and far. Every sport he touches Northern competes regardless of what his numbers might be. Even his worst seasons are something to be proud of. The world needs more Phil Carr leaders.
Yes, let's not forget what hes done with the Northern baseball team. I think he might also coach the rec or legion team during the summer. He's impacted the lives of a lot of Garrett County student athletes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT