ADVERTISEMENT

North Point ranked 672 in max preps poll

Boyz says he doesn't start these schedule discussions. Someone makes a post about North Point and he immediately starts bashing away. LOL.

By the way thanks for stealing my lines Helmick.

Last edited:
This comes down to envy. The people on here that are continually critical are fueled by their envy of a true winner and they go after the one that has a big role in making it all happen, if I was TD id just laugh. All they would say if he played 5 martinsburg level opponents and lose 3 is laugh at Fh for not making the playoffs while the weak teams in the west like
Northern make the playoffs. Go get 5 in a row then 6 TD and let these people that have no relevance to this program sit back and watch and stew in it just like they have for the last 4.

When people stop hating Fort Hill, then it's time to worry.

I do laugh all the time. A 1A program who is very successful and you get people investing chunks of time to bash the fact they won't play teams like Martinsburg and Wise - the 2 top rated public school programs in all of WV and MD - at the highest classification to boot. All in a playoff system set up to penalize teams hard for playing good comp. FH could add Martinsburg and haters would still cry because they play a team from Pittsburgh. I guess the entire schedule needs to be full of bigger Top 25 teams and good private schools. It never ends. And that's the way we like it.

Can you imagine the depth chart if Alco and FH combined this year and competed as a 3A school? Not only would every starter play one way, but the back ups would be one way players as well. I would put that team up against any team in Maryland public or private. You can compare the D1 scholarships all you want. Just look away from the scoreboard.

When people stop hating Fort Hill, then it's time to worry.

I do laugh all the time. A 1A program who is very successful and you get people investing chunks of time to bash the fact they won't play teams like Martinsburg and Wise - the 2 top rated public school programs in all of WV and MD - at the highest classification to boot. All in a playoff system set up to penalize teams hard for playing good comp. FH could add Martinsburg and haters would still cry because they play a team from Pittsburgh. I guess the entire schedule needs to be full of bigger Top 25 teams and good private schools. It never ends. And that's the way we like it.

Can you imagine the depth chart if Alco and FH combined this year and competed as a 3A school? Not only would every starter play one way, but the back ups would be one way players as well. I would put that team up against any team in Maryland public or private. You can compare the D1 scholarships all you want. Just look away from the scoreboard.

Can't disagree with that.

Just out of curiosity why is it that you care about FH's schedule?
Why is it you keep trying to criticize Todd? I say trying because if you think any FH fan is not grateful for everything he does, you are wrong. There really isn't anything you are saying that is changing anybody's mind so if you are trying to make him look bad or call him out, it just isn't working.
I don't know him, but I know what he does and not just because of this board, thru mutual acquaintances and the FH community. What do you do for Fort Hill?

Please re-read the entire thread. I was responding to a post like I do every day on various forms of social media. I have nothing personal against Todd, but he criticized me first. So yes, if you want to attack me you open yourself up to criticism also. I stand behind every thing I said. I'm pretty sure most people on the board are working hard and trying to improve their community.

And Surrattsville was a home & home deal I'd say. Even Alco vs. Calvert was a home & deal.

Name some Top 20 teams Alco had played in recent years...other than Big Red!

This is incorrect. Alco played at Calvert two years in a row.

I've been equally critical of Allegany's schedule in recent years.

Oh and by the way North Point is one hell of a football team that I foresee in the semis or better in 4A. And FH moved the ball at will on them. Fh just couldn't stop them either. That is what the thread was about.

Great! Then why not schedule them during the regular season? That was my original point. If you can play 4A Walter Johnson enrollment size should not be an excuse why you can't play 4A North Point. I never said FH can't play with those schools, I said FH doesn't play those schools.

Riverdale Baptist
If I had gone out and made this game happen with FH, would certain folks still be critical of the fact Riverdale Baptist has a 2-2 record and is currently not a Maryland Top 20 team? So the one team Boyz sent a contact for is not in the Top 20 either. Despite what it may sound like, I was actually appreciative of Boyz reaching out to help.

But I don't see things the same way. Riverdale lost to Calvert Hall and Oxon Hill. Riverdale is usually pretty good and would have been a solid match up with FH. Forget this Top 20 crap. Yet this is no different than what we will likely see with Friendship Collegiate after they play a stretch of DeMatha, Hun and Spalding. It's pretzel logic.

And in the Post article on the Friendship/Woodson last week they did mention that DC public schools are considered a lower level of football than the suburban schools. But it also says
So a game with teams of this caliber is a special night for the city to celebrate
It's already been pointed out this was conveniently left out of the argument. I'm not a fan of slanted journalism and I believe Boyz knows better. I'm not going to anoint Friendship as a world beater. They are better than Dunbar and Riverdale from what I see on film and paper...debating such I have no problem with.

Reactions: towpath94
Should have scheduled them

When someone has to ask why FH doesn't just schedule North Point, you can only shake your head in amazement.

North Point doesn't have any openings. It's rare they or other teams from Charles or MoCo ever do. They have this really cool idea called playing each other. And there are lots and lots of teams that direction. No need to dig 2+ hours away for games.

Not sure why people have a low comprehension level that teams in Maryland don't want to play FH. I guess some people just don't want to believe it. I have a long, long list. Why would any school drive 2+ hours to play a 1A school when there are teams nearby? No one this far west is going to find a PG or MoCo or Howard or Baltimore or Charles County school to play FH. Period. On an occasion yes, but extremely rare.

So to ask why FH doesn't schedule these teams should be an alarm.

Last edited:
Lol. Helmick this is the 90th post on this thread lol. And the dude 3 posts ago says schedule them about Norhtpoint. Lol. I know you are loving this

Let me just sum this up from the standpoint of your average FH supporter. We want to do 2 things beat Allegany and win state championships. The rest of the bs is peripheral. Appel has done those two things better than anyone. So please quit your attempts to try and distract fh people on here with this peripheral nonsense. Beating alco and winning titles are covered.

Reactions: towpath94
When someone has to ask why FH doesn't just schedule North Point, you can only shake your head in amazement.

North Point doesn't have any openings. It's rare they or other teams from Charles or MoCo ever do. They have this really cool idea called playing each other. And there are lots and lots of teams that direction. No need to dig 2+ hours away for games.

Not sure why people have a low comprehension level that teams in Maryland don't want to play FH. I guess some people just don't want to believe it. I have a long, long list. Why would any school drive 2+ hours to play a 1A school when there are teams nearby? No one this far west is going to find a PG or MoCo or Howard or Baltimore or Charles County school to play FH. Period. On an occasion yes, but extremely rare.

So to ask why FH doesn't schedule these teams should be an alarm.

Just for my own personal knowledge, at any point did any MoCo schools reach out to FH (or vice/versa) for the 2017/2018 schedule? If so, can you say who?

Just for my own personal knowledge, at any point did any MoCo schools reach out to FH (or vice/versa) for the 2017/2018 schedule? If so, can you say who?

No. I always have posts on all the open date boards but rarely get replies.

Reactions: nomad974
No. I always have posts on all the open date boards but rarely get replies.
Obviously you don't have to respond to this Todd but I have a question when it comes to scheduling.

How does the all important $$$ aspect of it go down? What I mean by that is what qualifies Fort Hill (or any school for that matter) to pay another school for coming to their house to play a game? Is it asked as part of the contract from the other school? Would a school such as Mountain Ridge get money for coming to Greenway to play Fort Hill? Being that the school is so close and a county foe would that mean they get nothing?

And again, I absolutely understand if you are not at liberty to discuss such things on a public forum, will appreciate your response anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT