ADVERTISEMENT

North Point ranked 672 in max preps poll

Should have scheduled them

Hmmmm??? I wonder why they didn't? Lol

North Point ranked 672 on Maxpreps and FH ranked 448. Even the fake MD Media Poll has NP #9 and FH #12. This basically says everything you need to know about the Maxpreps ranking.

Reactions: cumbfanatic
You haters are right. In this instance max preps got it wrong. no CF we should have scheduled Chestnut Ridge

Where is Friendship ranked this week Boyz? Sour Puss

MaxPreps wrong
State Media wrong
Washington Post wrong

LOL

I was just gonna say that! Alco landed Dunbar. How about Calvert Hall or St. Frances Alco? Talk it up...lead by example!

Reactions: Waggle Pass
Why would a school of 750 schedule a school of 2000?

Lol, you guys play the enrollment numbers game when it's convenient. Usually as an excuse to avoid playing Martinsburg. Why did FH play Walter Johnson 4A (enrollment 2,261) two years in a row? Obviously because WJ does not have a good football program. Yes, the size of the school can be a factor, but it's not as important as the dedication to the program. FH is definitely a dedicated "football" school, but they don't want to play other "football" schools. Tell me one good Maryland school FH has played in the last 10 years? I'll wait, the "they won't play us" line is getting old and actually make you look bad if you're saying you couldn't schedule a game in TEN YEARS. FH is only ranked team that doesn't play any of the other ranked teams. Even the other small schools like Douglass (2A/1A) and Damascus (2A) play ranked schools and don't make excuses.

I was just gonna say that! Alco landed Dunbar. How about Calvert Hall or St. Frances Alco? Talk it up...lead by example!

When in doubt, never miss an opportunity to bash Allegany, your most dedicated, scheduled opponent. There are probably three times more FH grads living in Cumberland than Allegany grads. It gives you a great fan base and the demographics of more prior athletes with children wanting to play football. All the stars are in alignment for FH, but you can't just be humble and grateful about it, you just have to bash Allegany.

Because FH is the school always saying no-one will play them or they can't get games. Trying to help you. ; )

Lol, you guys play the enrollment numbers game when it's convenient. Usually as an excuse to avoid playing Martinsburg. Why did FH play Walter Johnson 4A (enrollment 2,261) two years in a row? Obviously because WJ does not have a good football program. Yes, the size of the school can be a factor, but it's not as important as the dedication to the program. FH is definitely a dedicated "football" school, but they don't want to play other "football" schools. Tell me one good Maryland school FH has played in the last 10 years? I'll wait, the "they won't play us" line is getting old and actually make you look bad if you're saying you couldn't schedule a game in TEN YEARS. FH is only ranked team that doesn't play any of the other ranked teams. Even the other small schools like Douglass (2A/1A) and Damascus (2A) play ranked schools and don't make excuses.

THE BOYZ MDVARSITY CHALLENGE
Can you please find FH a MPSSAA PG County school to play in 2018 and/or 2019 for Week 1, Week 6 or Week 7? Size is irrelevant. FH will compensate in full their travel expenses to come here or will sign a two year home-and-home deal just like the one Walter Johnson did. We can make it public by posting what you find and what those schools have to say.

You are now deputized as the official FH schedule maker for PG County public schools. Looking forward to see what you come up with since I failed after months of trying last winter.

No need to call Wise. I already know Martinsburg wouldn't touch Wise with a 500 mile pole. What little ole 1A FH won't play Wise either? Those Sentinel chickens LOL.

Last edited:
better yet, here's in an easy one. Get Northern to play FH. No travel expenses needed.

Todd, I'll bet you a piece of pizza that you will have no blue blood FH scheduling info by homecoming. Damn, Todd....Talk about the ultimate put up or shut up challenge.

Blue bloods.....you are now on the clock.

Can you please find FH a MPSSAA PG County school to play in 2018 and/or 2019 for Week 1, Week 6 or Week 7? Size is irrelevant. FH will compensate in full their travel expenses to come here or will sign a two year home-and-home deal just like the one Walter Johnson did. We can make it public by posting what you find and what those schools have to say.

You are now deputized as the official FH schedule maker for PG County public schools. Looking forward to see what you come up with since I failed after months of trying last winter.

No need to call Wise. I already know Martinsburg wouldn't touch Wise with a 500 mile pole. What little ole 1A FH won't play Wise either? Those Sentinel chickens LOL.

OH snap, the ole put up or shut up call out. I LOVE IT!!!!!

We already know you hit up every PG County school during the off-season begging for a game. We read it here as it happened. While he is at it see if he can get Alco a game too.

What do u say cumbfanatic? Do you think Alco wants some of this schedule challenge or are you content playing a schedule full of schools that are scared to death of Fort Hill and refuse to play them? Yea that's what I thought. :eek:

Just like certain posters play the Maxpreps ranking game? Sure would like to see Allegany schedule Martinsburg, North Point, Walkersville & Walter Johnson. I'd go to those games. But, I suppose since Allegany played Dunbar this year, that has met your 10 year quota for scheduling though teams.

Why are we talking about just PG County public schools? According to the rankings FH is the 12th best team in the state and last year you were the 8th best team in the state. Here are some schools: Calvert Hall, Georgetown Prep, Bullis, St. Mary's Ryken, Riverdale Baptist. FH is supposed to be better than these teams according to the rankings. Why not play Wise? Douglass just played them 2 years in a row.

And since you're calling me out, what happened with Riverdale Baptist I gave you their contact info last winter?

And just for the record, are you saying in the last TEN YEARS you couldn't make a game with any Maryland school in the Top 25? I have mentioned before the games FH turned down when the Kickoff Classic promoters reached out to you.

Not to speak out of line on Todd's behalf but you now have the power to schedule all the teams you just mentioned. Git 'er done.

Why are we talking about just PG County public schools? According to the rankings FH is the 12th best team in the state and last year you were the 8th best team in the state. Here are some schools: Calvert Hall, Georgetown Prep, Bullis, St. Mary's Ryken, Riverdale Baptist. FH is supposed to be better than these teams according to the rankings. Why not play Wise? Douglass just played them 2 years in a row.

And since you're calling me out, what happened with Riverdale Baptist I gave you their contact info last winter?

And just for the record, are you saying in the last TEN YEARS you couldn't make a game with any Maryland school in the Top 25? I have mentioned before the games FH turned down when the Kickoff Classic promoters reached out to you.

What, you can't find public schools from PG to put on the FH schedule? You want to try Montgomery County? How about Baltimore County and Howard County while you are at it? That's what I thought. Now STFU.

Boo Hoo Hoo, no one will play Fort Hill. Blah, blah, blah.
I ask you a simple task and your only answer to me is private schools and Wise...you sound like a fool who spends all his time annoyed by FH success. Thanks for proving my point. When I tell you few if any schools in Maryland will play Fort Hill...BELIEVE IT!. Done with your 1000 FH schedule obsession posts. Step aside and let people who know what they are doing handle this task.

NOW HEAR THIS EVERYONE.
Not enough MPSSAA schools wants to play Fort Hill. And Fort Hill Football isn't worthy because they won't compensate by scheduling Calvert Hall, Georgetown Prep, Bullis, St. Mary's Ryken, Riverdale Baptist, Martinsburg and Wise. LOL. Do you really have any idea how dumb you sound? Please someone post this at the top of the forum and give Boyz complete credit. What other public school in the entire state of Maryland has such a schedule? That's awesome.

You want to compare FH and all those private schools be my guest as it's a huge compliment. But take your PG County schedule comparison talk elsewhere. I have respect for PG County schools but since none of them will play FH your thoughts on the matter are of no significance.

Let's get Wise!!!

Last edited:
Just like certain posters play the Maxpreps ranking game? Sure would like to see Allegany schedule Martinsburg, North Point, Walkersville & Walter Johnson. I'd go to those games. But, I suppose since Allegany played Dunbar this year, that has met your 10 year quota for scheduling though teams.

Allegany as of today on MaxPreps is ranked 1750 and Martinsburg is ranked 521. With FH being ranked 425, that looks like the match up you should recommend. Pretty much even up between FH and Martinsburg, with FH having the edge. As always with MaxPreps, I say, "For what it's worth."

Reactions: BoyznBlue
No-one was talking about Allegany schedule, doesn't make sense to pull them in it.

I'm talking about the Allegany schedule. You're obviously an Alco fan constantly taking pokes at the FH schedule. That might be the funniest thing I've ever heard, an Alco fan questioning the FH schedule. You have 5 games against teams that wouldnt play FH to save their life.

I just want an answer to my question, damn it (lol).......how come Allegany doesn't seem to have any trouble filling their schedule year in and year out?

Lol. Like cattle to the slaughterhouse. I posted North Points max preps ranking simply to pull the rats out of the sewer and expose the 2 on here that are what TD refers to as "obsessed" with FH football and trying to demean the success of the best program this side of Frederick.

Allegany as of today on MaxPreps is ranked 1750 and Martinsburg is ranked 521. With FH being ranked 425, that looks like the match up you should recommend. Pretty much even up between FH and Martinsburg, with FH having the edge. As always with MaxPreps, I say, "For what it's worth."
"for what's it's worth", Allegany and Martinsburg would be a good game. Without puking up Maxpreps numbers, Allegany beat a comparable school to Martinsburg when they beat all-world Dunbar. Maybe Boyz can make that game happen, too.

That answer is simple SS. You already know the answer. You wouldn't pick a fight with the toughest guy on the block if you wanted a shot to win. You'd pick the average guy.

How come Allegany doesn't seem to have much difficulty in filling their schedule year in and year out?
That has been discussed on here a few times. I'd say the most common answer has been those 8 championships haven't happened lately so there's not the same fear fh apparently puts in people. FH fans - I hate to say it but I've overheard some of the worst most mean-spirited comments made about other teams seating, bathrooms, concessions, ticket takers, parking...etc. It may all be true, but I seriously doubt if you hear Allegany fans(albeit 40 or 50 or whatever it is that shows up for an away game)saying anything of the kind.
I've also heard plenty of talk about coaches resenting having the score ran up on them. I know I know, play harder, score more, quit whining...but that is their perspective and they are the ones who say they aren't interested in playing fh.

No disrespect to Alco here. Hansel is on the right track and alco is very formidable this year but in terms of the past 10 years it's not close.

(4inarow) Well holy shit...... I thought it was a football issue. I didn't realize teams were so sensitive about their pissers.....

(4inarow) Well holy shit...... I thought it was a football issue. I didn't realize teams were so sensitive about their pissers.....
it only takes one athletic director/teacher/principal to overhear some of this nonsense and you'd be surprised how long they'll hold a grudge. you have to be careful whose around when you're mouthing off.

it only takes one athletic director/teacher/principal to overhear some of this nonsense and you'd be surprised how long they'll hold a grudge. you have to be careful whose around when you're mouthing off.
The FH fans are to blame.... that's a new angle. Is this like the Baltimore Orioles fans who voiced their option negatively about Jose Bautista so the Orioles front office didn't sign him. Are the inmates running the asylum?

P,S. Fort Hill fans can really be complete idiots. I will admit that.

On the point of scheduling as I predicted last year, not really predicted, as I was told by a South Hagerstown High School admin, SHHS would not be renewing a contract with FH. It had nothing to do with the fans. He stated that he loved he gate money coming but he had to schedule for the playoffs. I questioned him as to why would he not want to play FH but yet keep Westminster, Urbana, Tuscarora and Linganore on the schedule. It comes down to the belief that they have a better chance of beating those teams year-to-year and that by beating those teams helps their cause more because they are in the same class and region. It doesn't suit them to take a potential loss to 1A school when they could potentially beat 3A schools in their region which helps their playoff goal.

Last edited:
I also spoke to an admin at NHHS who has about 1300 students and was laughed at even when I mentioned that NHHS has a 2-1 record against Fort Hill in the last three games they played. The bottom line is the playoff system and people like Boyz is just down to being a hater. It's that simple. I will say that I want FH to play Martinsburg every year but I can understand why they have not. It's just not the potential loss to Martinsburg, it's the fact the at the same time teams in your Classified Region refuse to play you (except the 2 county teams) and while you play teams like Martinsburg, Melbourne, or FCA, they play all Brunswick, Clear Spring, Hancock, Smithsburg type schools.

Reactions: towpath94
I can understand the last two posts. But they have a fort hill tilt as to why teams will not play Fort hill. My question still is how come Allegany has no trouble filling their schedule?

That has been discussed on here a few times. I'd say the most common answer has been those 8 championships haven't happened lately so there's not the same fear fh apparently puts in people. FH fans - I hate to say it but I've overheard some of the worst most mean-spirited comments made about other teams seating, bathrooms, concessions, ticket takers, parking...etc. It may all be true, but I seriously doubt if you hear Allegany fans(albeit 40 or 50 or whatever it is that shows up for an away game)saying anything of the kind.
I've also heard plenty of talk about coaches resenting having the score ran up on them. I know I know, play harder, score more, quit whining...but that is their perspective and they are the ones who say they aren't interested in playing fh.

That's a great point and you will get no argument from me about the idiocy of a decent sized handful of FH fans.

However let me counter that thought with a question...
If Fort Hill won only 1 or 2 games a year for the next four years or so, would those same athletic director/teacher/principals put FH on the schedule?

My take is they absolutely would be standing in line to add FH on the schedule. So while those same people spit out such things as to why they don't want to play FH such as what type of fans FH has or how they ran up the score, etc. which may be factual, it is only a means to hide the real reason they won't play FH. When you have won 56 out of 57 games and 4 straight titles...BINGO!

And I am talking locally here for the most part because I have said many times the biggest reason FH can't find games throughout the state is more about travel, money and having other teams nearby to play.

What I get from the MPSSAA meetings is that regional teams not playing each other is only a problem in the West. Then they go on to say they don't know why that is except egos and personal hang ups. My reply to them is well, you are incorrect. Teams do play each other in the West. They just don't play the team that has won 56 out of 57 games and 4 straight titles because your playoff system is set up to discourage such match ups.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT