ADVERTISEMENT

No More.........

WeHave8

All State Poster
Sep 26, 2001
Douglass Ducklings, Can't Counties, Havre Disgraces, or Surrattsvilles. With the new play-off system in for the first year, the actual two best teams are playing for the title. The ride to Erie next year looks mighty iffy.

Douglass Ducklings, Can't Counties, Havre Disgraces, or Surrattsvilles. With the new play-off system in for the first year, the actual two best teams are playing for the title. The ride to Erie next year looks mighty iffy.

Classy. Too bad your team didn't earn a chance to participate in this new format.

Wouldn't somebody have to admit they were wrong to schedule them in the first place if they were cancel now? Nobody except me has even hinted it was a mistake, and I'm not making the call. You are probably thinking they'll sneakily get out of it, which is probably a safe bet.

Wouldn't somebody have to admit they were wrong to schedule them in the first place if they were cancel now? Nobody except me has even hinted it was a mistake, and I'm not making the call. You are probably thinking they'll sneakily get out of it, which is probably a safe bet.
Of course they will weasel their way out of it.. FH has one loss already on their schedule for 2020. If another "Mean" Street Academy or a similar team has an opening, ECP is gone.

Reactions: BoyznBlue
*You're;)

Seriously though, when your team doesn't make it into the expanded playoffs where literally almost everyone gets in... It's probably best to not really say much.
Oh Matt, Now we have already been there. We are the ones that have 8, remember? 6in in 2A, not class D.

Reactions: Lagmeister

You obviously don’t know much about local football with this statement. The Ducks were basically Dunbar during their run. They had about 8-9 returning transfers from Dunbar.

You obviously don’t know much about local football with this statement. The Ducks were basically Dunbar during their run. They had about 8-9 returning transfers from Dunbar.

Just enough to make a game of it. Glad they didn't have more, might have won.

Oh Matt, Now we have already been there. We are the ones that have 8, remember? 6in in 2A, not class D.

Small town folk, include me in that proud group, love to reminisce about days gone by. Your timing and comments are obviously spiteful and not about reminiscing. I hope you're in some way relevant in life because you're in no way relevant here. I hope Allegany's football program improves for many reasons. Additionally, I'm thankful you use the number 8 instead of 'ate' as I'm certain that's how you typically spell the number---assumption based purely off your displays of intellectual weakness in this forum.

Reactions: Waggle Pass
*You're;)

Seriously though, when your team doesn't make it into the expanded playoffs where literally almost everyone gets in... It's probably best to not really say much.

That would be really sinking to let JV in. Of course, Alco's JV put up a better showing against FH than FH did against Catoctin... no quit in dem boyz.

That would be really sinking to let JV in. Of course, Alco's JV put up a better showing against FH than FH did against Catoctin... no quit in dem boyz.
I like it when Alco's 'jv fans' come out of the woodwork to rub salt in wounds when a loss occurs or the other school falls short of a championship. Notice I didn't use the term crosstown rival, well, you know why.

Small town folk, include me in that proud group, love to reminisce about days gone by. Your timing and comments are obviously spiteful and not about reminiscing. I hope you're in some way relevant in life because you're in no way relevant here. I hope Allegany's football program improves for many reasons. Additionally, I'm thankful you use the number 8 instead of 'ate' as I'm certain that's how you typically spell the number---assumption based purely off your displays of intellectual weakness in this forum.

His postings over the years are nothing compared to trash troweled out against Allegany.... or, the trash troweled out against Keyser for dropping FH. Hell.... and Southern. He is actually mild by comparison. Alco and the surrounding area are supposed to accept scorn year after year while keeping our mouths (postings) clamped shut when things turn against FH.

Here's a clue: the young men who play football for FH no doubt walk the halls of their school, in fact the town itself, receiving daily accolades year after year - even if they are the ones who never get their uniform dirty. Every now and then those same young men suffer a loss.... but right back to glowing praise they go. The same goes, even more, for their coach.

But Lord save us all, if a post comes in this forum with criticism. It's treated as hating hard working kids.... like they can't handle one day out of 365 without getting praise.... same for the coach. No wonder Appel goes after the fans.... Hey, you're supposed to kiss his ass every day in the year.

There is nothing spiteful here. It's the truth.

I like it when Alco's 'jv fans' come out of the woodwork to rub salt in wounds when a loss occurs or the other school falls short of a championship. Notice I didn't use the term crosstown rival, well, you know why.

I feel no insult. I am a fan of a team that didn't quit under overwhelming odds and a fan of the coach who got that performance out of them. I am not a fan of a coach who refused to take his timeouts and try to score before the half... and thus totally gutting his already demoralized team.

His postings over the years are nothing compared to trash troweled out against Allegany.... or, the trash troweled out against Keyser for dropping FH. Hell.... and Southern. He is actually mild by comparison. Alco and the surrounding area are supposed to accept scorn year after year while keeping our mouths (postings) clamped shut when things turn against FH.

Here's a clue: the young men who play football for FH no doubt walk the halls of their school, in fact the town itself, receiving daily accolades year after year - even if they are the ones who never get their uniform dirty. Every now and then those same young men suffer a loss.... but right back to glowing praise they go. The same goes, even more, for their coach.

But Lord save us all, if a post comes in this forum with criticism. It's treated as hating hard working kids.... like they can't handle one day out of 365 without getting praise.... same for the coach. No wonder Appel goes after the fans.... Hey, you're supposed to kiss his ass every day in the year.

There is nothing spiteful here. It's the truth.

I'm very cool with criticism. But I'm not cool with either side saying things like the original post. I've used the word minimize so many times this yr you're likely tired of hearing it. But I don't like it when adults minimize the accomplishments of kids. When you change previous opponents names to minimize championships, that's childish. Btw, I call out FH fans and get equally disappointed with what they say. Maybe I'm hyper-sensitive

I feel no insult. I am a fan of a team that didn't quit under overwhelming odds and a fan of the coach who got that performance out of them. I am not a fan of a coach who refused to take his timeouts and try to score before the half... and thus totally gutting his already demoralized team.

And you shouldn't, and it wasn't directed toward you, I just thought jv fans would be a good play. You're a regular here....you take beatings (or attempted beatings) and you dish them out. But rubber duckies and Sur Rats Villians, or whatever chucklehead landed on, it's uncalled for. They beat who they played those years, what else do people want?

Reactions: Lagmeister
I'm very cool with criticism. But I'm not cool with either side saying things like the original post. I've used the word minimize so many times this yr you're likely tired of hearing it. But I don't like it when adults minimize the accomplishments of kids. When you change previous opponents names to minimize championships, that's childish. Btw, I call out FH fans and get equally disappointed with what they say. Maybe I'm hyper-sensitive

I am aware of your general fairness. I am tired of having the kids tossed out as a buffer to reality. We do them no favor. But please be sure of one thing: the quit in this team against Catoctin was all Appel. Such as my opinion.

And you shouldn't, and it wasn't directed toward you, I just thought jv fans would be a good play. You're a regular here....you take beatings (or attempted beatings) and you dish them out. But rubber duckies and Sur Rats Villians, or whatever chucklehead landed on, it's uncalled for. They beat who they played those years, what else do people want?

Personally, it sounded so wishy-washy I paid it no mind. I thought the JV fan thing was spot on and gave me an opportunity to respond.

Apparently I am relevant, as you felt the need to reply.

They played in the Balt. City Div. 3 league and FH wasn't playing Dunbar

You ignore the fact that Dunbar players moved over to play under Elwood those years at Douglass-B. Although, Dunbar did not play Douglass-B in the City League those years, both schools played Edmonton-Westside (EWS) with Douglass-B going 2-0 and Dunbar 0-2. In fact, in 2014 Douglass-B blew out EWS and Dunbar was again beat EWS. FH destroyed Douglass-B in the 1A title game. Dunbar played in the 2A title game that year after being defeated by EWS during the season.

I don’t think Elwood was recruiting at Douglass-B, players just chose to jump ship and head over for those years he was there. It was just a good program at the time with the hype.

Last edited:
Reactions: Waggle Pass
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT