ADVERTISEMENT

Mountain Ridge vs Alco

Ridge 28-13
If allegany can jam the receivers at the line of scrimmage and take away all the short passes then I think they will make this game ugly and sloppy especially if it’s as cold and wet as they’re calling for but I think ridge will be able to keep allegany at arms reach the whole game. Also shimko will be the X factor. Making allegany drive 80 yards will be the difference

Reactions: Tony54
Have to go with Ridge. In big games, it seems the Campers biggest problem is themselves. Inopportune turnovers, false starts, a TFL/sack - things that always keep them behind on the chains. A team like Alco usually needs about 10-15 play drives to score against a team like Ridge. It has to be mistake free. Alco will drive then they get the false start or a TFL and it's 1st and 15 or 2nd and 12 kind of thing. This was a common ordeal the first time they played. Then of course the Campers became a turnover machine in Homecoming.

Back in August we all kind of knew Ridge would be fielding a good ball club. I'm guilty of thinking Alco would really struggle this year with youth and numbers. But Coach Hansel has done a remarkable job of getting this program back on the right track it seems. I like their X's and O's, weight room work and dedication. I truly believe the best 3 teams in 1A this year are all in Allegany County. The points system agrees.

Last edited:
Round #2 will much, much closer.

I will keep my prediction in my hip pocket, but I will say if AHS can avoid “shootin’ themselves in the foot”…

Ridge 28-13
If allegany can jam the receivers at the line of scrimmage and take away all the short passes then I think they will make this game ugly and sloppy especially if it’s as cold and wet as they’re calling for but I think ridge will be able to keep allegany at arms reach the whole game. Also shimko will be the X factor. Making allegany drive 80 yards will be the difference

He can't be an X-factor because he's not playing because Sefa would rather have a 5'8" WR than a weapon 🐵

Reactions: 3rd and goals
#3 has been out for a while now. I haven’t been able to see a MR game live in over a month due to work. I haven’t even been able to listen to one on the radio either for the same reason. Is he injured or is it a coaching decision?

#3 has been out for a while now. I haven’t been able to see a MR game live in over a month due to work. I haven’t even been able to listen to one on the radio either for the same reason. Is he injured or is it a coaching decision?

My understanding is it's an injury due to flawed coaching logic.

If Alco can snap the ball to the QB/Punter without short-hopping it or throwing it high, this will be a close game. That, IMHO, will be what decides this. If Alco can snap the ball well, they can win.

MR just need to play turnover free, themselves, but also throw screens. This will open up the play action. If Bryce Snyder has time to throw, this will be another blowout.

That said, I think:
MR 35
Alco 21

One more thing...

Braylon White is a beast. With good Alco blocking, long enough for him to build up a head of steam, look out. They should throw some screens to him out of the backfield. If he gets some steam, I like his odds one on one (or even two on one) with MR's DBs.

I think the home field, big MR crowd, having beaten them already, it's a MR win, maybe 31-0 again.

These WCBC announcers are a hoot. Before the game it was ALL Allegany like they were the undefeated defending state champion or something. They are rolling, they have been improving every game, they have the best coaching staff, they are ready and fired up!!!!!! By the end of the first quarter the sky is falling, Allegany won't be able to run all game, their backs are being manhandled, and it's basically over....dramatic much!

The commentators did not realize AHS would play without their big fullback.

Also, at 8-2 I think many, including myself, thought AHS had shown improvement since the two teams met early in the season.

Doesn’t seem to be the case.

The commentators did not realize AHS would play without their big fullback.

Also, at 8-2 I think many, including myself, thought AHS had shown improvement since the two teams met early in the season.

Doesn’t seem to be the case.
Did he play in their first meeting?

Allegany offense is pound the fb and control the ball that is what brought them success and the only way they will win.

Last edited:
Where was he all night??
According to the post-game interview with the HC, he suffered an injury during Homecoming that was worsened when he played in the Southern game last week.

Not quite sure why he played last week with an injury when he was most needed last night.

In the end, that is a coach/player decision.

Reactions: Red Dude
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT