ADVERTISEMENT

Mountain Ridge at Frederick

beall02

Franchise Poster
Jun 2, 2006
Cadets score the first touchdown of this game.

Nice scramble by Cadet QB. Found a streaking WR in the corner of the end zone. Extra point is good. 7-0 Frederick, 6:03 1st Quarter.

Frederick cashed in a Miners turnover for the score.

Frederick had a long run for touchdown called back for multiple penalties. Still 7-0 FHS with under a minute to go in the first quarter.

Frederick leads 7-0 at the end of the first quarter.

Miners should be receiving punt to start second quarter.

Mountain Ridge uses a short field following a botched snap on punt to cash in a touchdown. Very short touchdown run, extra point is good. Game tied at 7 with 10:50 to go in the first half.

Reactions: cumbfanatic
Mountain Ridge takes advantage of another Cadet turnover.

Couldn’t get a touchdown however. 27-yard field goal give MR their first lead of this game. 10-7 MR with 2:25 left in the first half.

Frederick only needs a couple plays to get the lead right back.

14-10 Frederick with 1:28 to go in first half.

I know it's only the first half, but so far tonight, the backup sophomore quarterback is looking like a backup sophomore quarterback. Hopefully he can right the ship in the second half.

Reactions: Argox66
Frederick becomes the first team (other than Fort Hill) to defeat Mountain Ridge in nearly 5 years.

Cadets hold on for the 28-23 win over the Miners. Too many mistakes, and the inability to stop the run dooms Ridge.

I know it's only the first half, but so far tonight, the backup sophomore quarterback is looking like a backup sophomore quarterback. Hopefully he can right the ship in the second half.
Quite an effort by MR. Too bad they didn't win against a 4A school that refuses to play all 1A schools and will probably not want to play the miners again either.

And by no means am I putting this solely on the QB, he has played well up until this game and had some decent throws this game. The big uglies up front have struggled on both sides of the ball. Like Beall said, they struggle to stop the run, and on offense the RB is getting hit in the backfield way to often. Nonetheless, it's only one loss. On to next week.

And by no means am I putting this solely on the QB, he has played well up until this game and had some decent throws this game. The big uglies up front have struggled on both sides of the ball. Like Beall said, they struggle to stop the run, and on offense the RB is getting hit in the backfield way to often. Nonetheless, it's only one loss. On to next week.
I can’t remember a time that Mountain Ridge has been dominated on the line of scrimmage as they have been in 2024. Minus their games against Fort Hill.

They will more than likely be 3-3 heading into the final three games of the year against Northern, Williamsport and Keyser.

4-5 or 5-4 is where I see this finishing at the end of the regular season. I hope that I am wrong.

I am very impressed by the resiliency of this group of Miners. They definitely didn’t have the talent that Frederick had on the field last night.

Frankfort has been so dominant this year, their starters have played less than a half in every game, except 1. It isn’t going help when they go against a competitive team

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT