ADVERTISEMENT

FH line

Red Dude

Blue Chip Poster
Aug 18, 2004
Pre-season it seemed the biggest question mark of this year's team was the OL and DL. After seeing the Hollidaysburg game I think they have come together quite well. They bent a little here and there but I think they deserve lots of credit. The only score the defense allowed was after Hollidaysburg got possession of the ball deep in FH territory. Keep in mind they were facing a high powered offense. Did the weather hurt that offense- possibly. Even still, I think the line will be just fine.

Pre-season it seemed the biggest question mark of this year's team was the OL and DL. After seeing the Hollidaysburg game I think they have come together quite well. They bent a little here and there but I think they deserve lots of credit. The only score the defense allowed was after Hollidaysburg got possession of the ball deep in FH territory. Keep in mind they were facing a high powered offense. Did the weather hurt that offense- possibly. Even still, I think the line will be just fine.
Here's why I disagree. The FH line is strong, but small. A bigger, well-coached, line has their number in the second half, in good or bad weather. The key to beating FH is beating them at their own game and keeping them off the field in the 1st half. Then, make adjustments (put more, fresh beef if you got it) in key positions.

More stunt blitzes on def would help FH a lot. In the second half, move #22 back to mlb against a team that's starting to pound-it-up-the-middle effectively.

Finally, work on defending the option. Heck, with the speed FH has, they should try working on it themselves - out of the wildcat with #5. I bet you'll be seeing it from our friends in Frostburg.

I don't think the weather affected much of anything. This isn't real grass. No slipping. No fumbles tonight. No dropped balls. Not too windy. It wasn't even rain. More of a heavy mist. If there was any affect maybe it was that Hollidaysburg had some difficulty handling the snap in shot gun on occasion. But it never seemed to kill them outside of maybe 1 or 2 snaps. The only turnovers were the 2 INTs that had nothing to do with weather.

I don't think the weather affected much of anything. This isn't real grass. No slipping. No fumbles tonight. No dropped balls. Not too windy. It wasn't even rain. More of a heavy mist. If there was any affect maybe it was that Hollidaysburg had some difficulty handling the snap in shot gun on occasion. But it never seemed to kill them outside of maybe 1 or 2 snaps. The only turnovers were the 2 INTs that had nothing to do with weather.
You don't think the weather affected Hollidaysburg's passing game? They subbed out their center due to the bad snaps. They gave up important downs to those fumbles.

Every little thing adds up in a competitive game. I wish these two could go at it again in dry weather. Unfortunately, all any of us can do is speculate how that would turn out.

And, #3 and #5 scored those TDs on their own. Their respective runs were completed with little to no blocking. How could anyone say otherwise? (#3 is a beast and worked his magic as much as he could but with very little help.)

I will agree that FH's #88 is a sight for sore eyes!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT