ADVERTISEMENT

Mountain Ridge 33, Hedgesville 17 Final

beall02

Franchise Poster
Jun 2, 2006
The number challenged Miners' have to overcome a lot of obstacles tonight in order to start the season 2-0 for the first time since 2011. They made so many mistakes I seriously lost count in the 2nd Quarter. As well as they played last week against John Marshall was as bad as they played tonight. False starts, illegal motion, illegal substitution, and off-sides penalties absolutely killed them. At one point, in the third quarter they turned a first-and-goal at the 6 into a first-and-goal from the 26.

Just a side note from this game. For those that know me you will immediately recognize that this is completely abnormal from my regular posts. The officiating at this game was horrendous. Obvious missed calls directly in front of certain officials. Long discussions between officials before calls were made. When Mountain Ridge got out to the 13-0 lead half way through the first, two separate punt returns were called back for illegal blocks killing MR's momentum. And YES I would be fine with it if in fact their was a penalty on the play. One official threw a flag for offensive pass interference as Mountain Ridge's TE brought in a pass and after he dropped it he decided to pick up the flag.

Bottom line... if Mountain Ridge wants to compete in the area... they need to improve on tonight's performance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT