ADVERTISEMENT

MDMO /Potomac

TEFB

Junior Varsity Reader
Sep 28, 2006
Hello MDMO,

When you look back at that 2004 Potomac offensive and defensive line that averaged around 328 pounds and many went on to play college ball, have you ever seen a better line before or since that 2004 team? I, myself, was impressed with the 375 pound nose guard. I also still remember those two 4 down td's at the mud bowl.

Good luck tomorrow.

Hello MDMO,

When you look back at that 2004 Potomac offensive and defensive line that averaged around 328 pounds and many went on to play college ball, have you ever seen a better line before or since that 2004 team? I, myself, was impressed with the 375 pound nose guard. I also still remember those two 4 down td's at the mud bowl.

Good luck tomorrow.
Sorry I don't come on here to often, This coming year will be my 27th and that was probably my best line as a unit ever they were some really great kids to work with and just a side light a few of them coach at Potomac now, nothing like having your kids end up coaching others and carrying on the tradition. Yeah that was a really good game I loved the atmosphere of that game it was a friendly battle!!!! all folks got along and everyone respect everyone!!! I will be back up at Greenway this year with my Wilson team !!! come down and talk with me!!

After the game, Barry described them best as a "mountain of humanity", They were the key to the win that day, and no, I can't remember a team with better line play.
I'm taking that back, that huge line was the second key to that game. The first was their coaching staff. I remember them coaching up their kids on the sideline from start to finish. When a kid came off the field, most of the time there was a coach taking him aside. You don't see much of that at the High School level.

Last edited:
Reactions: MDMO
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT