ADVERTISEMENT

Martinsburg Playoff Game

I’m not just picking on Martinsburg either. I’ve said many times that Fort Hill should be ashamed of their schedule also. Fort Hill playing capital Christian and silver oak and Green Street is a disgrace. The fans at Martinsburg and Fort Hill are left to suffer. Maybe Martinsburg could beat wise or quince orchard but we will never know. I’ve said it before but it’s really hard to watch either one of these teams play games that are over in the first quarter.

Duh. Nobody is saying that fort Hill could beat Martinsburg. The truth is Martinsburg won’t play anyone that is as good as them or supposed to beat them. That’s a fact. this thread has really gotten to be stupid
The Thing is if you go back martinsburg has played quality opponents and beat them so it’s just now that they are on the level they are on some people feel they don’t play anybody and never have. I mean quite frankly all y’all have to do is go on wrnr on YouTube and y’all can watch games from last season and this season and see how good martinsburg is or isn’t or see their opponents.

Martinsburg would beat the team from PA FH played. I think that team lost in the PA playoffs
The team that you are referencing was Thomas Jefferson. They are ranked ahead of Martinsburg. Martinsburg would never play them so you might as well stop guessing

I’m not just picking on Martinsburg either. I’ve said many times that Fort Hill should be ashamed of their schedule also. Fort Hill playing capital Christian and silver oak and Green Street is a disgrace. The fans at Martinsburg and Fort Hill are left to suffer. Maybe Martinsburg could beat wise or quince orchard but we will never know. I’ve said it before but it’s really hard to watch either one of these teams play games that are over in the first quarter.
Truthfully I agree with you 100%.

The Thing is if you go back martinsburg has played quality opponents and beat them so it’s just now that they are on the level they are on some people feel they don’t play anybody and never have. I mean quite frankly all y’all have to do is go on wrnr on YouTube and y’all can watch games from last season and this season and see how good martinsburg is or isn’t or see their opponents.
The Redskins would look incredible if they played Martinsburg so what, the fact is the Redskins suck. It all depends on the competition you’re playing as to how good you look

Again I’m not picking on Martinsburg. It’s a shame that Fort Hill does the same thing to. Frankly it’s becoming an epidemic in high school football

I have seen them in person and on stream about 4 times total. They can do pretty much what they want anytime they want. They Honestly could of scored 100 points in the first half about 3 times. They will be lucky to have a Playoff Game this season under 50 point winning margin.
This is the best all around Martinsburg Team I've ever seen.
Like you big, seen them a few times this year. Amazing what they have and do. And there are a few sophomores playing also. The QB is amazing

Reactions: cumbfanatic
The Redskins would look incredible if they played Martinsburg so what, the fact is the Redskins suck. It all depends on the competition you’re playing as to how good you look
Alrighty. Well help me understand this how can you be nationally ranked and not play anybody?if I’m correct martinsburg is ranked 173rd.

Reactions: Blueandgold45
Alrighty. Well help me understand this how can you be nationally ranked and not play anybody?if I’m correct martinsburg is ranked 173rd.
What’s the highest ranked team they’ve played? I’m guessing it’s Salem at 1300. I do pay attention to maxpreps but many times they are grossly wrong. I think Martinsburg is great. I just wonder what the Martinsburg coach is afraid of. I would love to see reporters ask him why he won’t play those teams.

What’s the highest ranked team they’ve played? I’m guessing it’s Salem at 1300. I do pay attention to maxpreps but many times they are grossly wrong. I think Martinsburg is great. I just wonder what the Martinsburg coach is afraid of. I would love to see reporters ask him why he won’t play those teams.
They’re ranked 279 nationally but yes I would like to know also why they don’t play better competition. He’s very humble so I figure he feels they’re not that good to play those schools. Lol

I would actually drive to go see a few games like MBurg/Wise, MBurg/Quince Orchard. I really think they are the only 2 MD Public Schools that would play with them. Now DeMatha, St. John’s, St. Francis, Good Counsel might be a different animal

I thought during the Ty johnson,Graves,Barnes era that Fort hill had a great chance of beating anyone in. Public school md. Those days are gone and now we will never know. I hope Martinsburg starts playing a few of these schools before their time passes. They definitely pass the eye test

Musselman would be tough for them, sherando would be tough for them, and to be honest hd Woodson would be too. At least this year would be tough for FH to play martinsburg schedule cause I see they have a lot of trouble defending the spread but I also see teams have trouble defending the wing t.
Dude woodson is shit come on give me a break sherando musselman would be good games woodson not so much

Dude woodson is shit come on give me a break sherando musselman would be good games woodson not so much
They have size and run the spread, from what I seen out of FH this year if you run the spread decently you’ll have some success.

Also past few years they’ve played with friendship collegiate I wouldn’t call that a shit program.

They have size and run the spread, from what I seen out of FH this year if you run the spread decently you’ll have some success.
They are a dc school most of what I've seen over the year's aside from friendship allot of them are undisciplined and let things get out of hand rather quickly

I would actually drive to go see a few games like MBurg/Wise, MBurg/Quince Orchard. I really think they are the only 2 MD Public Schools that would play with them. Now DeMatha, St. John’s, St. Francis, Good Counsel might be a different animal
Dematha st Francis good counsel would pound them

Dematha st Francis good counsel would pound them
Yes they would, if they didn’t something would be wrong there in my opinion. But I keep telling people on this forum that it’s levels to football. Martinsburg is tristate good meaning they can beat/ compete with every team in the tristate. They prolly could be some other decent teams but don’t know until you see the teams play. I’m martinsburg fan and they’re good but I also know their are levels to football, and when FH fans realize that martinsburg will never be a topic in these forums again with all due respect. just like people hype up martinsburg, people in the mineral and allegany county area hype up FH. Which both teams in their own right are good teams.

Reactions: hbpass2
Yes they would, if they didn’t something would be wrong there in my opinion. But I keep telling people on this forum that it’s levels to football. Martinsburg is tristate good meaning they can beat/ compete with every team in the tristate. They prolly could be some other decent teams but don’t know until you see the teams play. I’m martinsburg fan and they’re good but I also know their are levels to football, and when FH fans realize that martinsburg will never be a topic in these forums again with all due respect. just like people hype up martinsburg, people in the mineral and allegany county area hype up FH. Which both teams in their own right are good teams.
From my experience people from Mineral dont really hype up FH, but point taken

You are naming some of the best teams in the country, a WV public school should not play them. Maybe good MD public schools

The reality with the
The reality with this topic is that it's just people reminiscing. Martinsburg hasn't played Fort Hill for a decade, and probably wont ever again. Which is fine, but that's a fact that needs to be excepted. Would I have liked to have seen that matchup last year and years past? Sure it probably wouldve produced some good games and crowds, but who really knows.

The reality with the

The reality with this topic is that it's just people reminiscing. Martinsburg hasn't played Fort Hill for a decade, and probably wont ever again. Which is fine, but that's a fact that needs to be excepted. Would I have liked to have seen that matchup last year and years past? Sure it probably wouldve produced some good games and crowds, but who really knows.
I agree!!

Yes they would, if they didn’t something would be wrong there in my opinion. But I keep telling people on this forum that it’s levels to football. Martinsburg is tristate good meaning they can beat/ compete with every team in the tristate. They prolly could be some other decent teams but don’t know until you see the teams play. I’m martinsburg fan and they’re good but I also know their are levels to football, and when FH fans realize that martinsburg will never be a topic in these forums again with all due respect. just like people hype up martinsburg, people in the mineral and allegany county area hype up FH. Which both teams in their own right are good teams.[/QUOTE Bottom line to this is Martinsburg is a great football team nobody is disputing that should they beef up their schedule and play somebody like Damascus or Wise Quince Orchard i think they should hell id skip a FH gams and drive down to see a match up like that. But FH could beef up its own schedule as well maybe middletown walkersville oakdale

Martinsburg is a great team nobody is disputing that but could they afford to beef up their schedule and play say Damascus or wise Quince orchard. Sure they could hell I'd skip a FH game and drive down to see a match up like that. That being said FH could definitely beef up its own schedule say walkersville oakdale middletown forget about the playoffs and play ball in the regular season if you lose to many then you didn't belong in the playoffs anyway

Reactions: Argox66 and Tony54
Martinsburg is a great team nobody is disputing that but could they afford to beef up their schedule and play say Damascus or wise Quince orchard. Sure they could hell I'd skip a FH game and drive down to see a match up like that. That being said FH could definitely beef up its own schedule say walkersville oakdale middletown forget about the playoffs and play ball in the regular season if you lose to many then you didn't belong in the playoffs anyway
I agree with you 100%

Reactions: RedPride97
I really wish Martinsburg would play someone at their level or better. Would love to see them play Wise. What a great game it would be.

Very true and it would have to be out of state to do so. With the demographics in the state of WV and the program Martinsburg has built they have no competition.

That part of the state is the fastest growing and if you look at the size of the schools in that area it tells you how deep the well is that Martinsburg can draw from.

Fairmont Senior and Bluefield are strong AA teams but in there is no way they would compete with Martinsburg. However, they would be great games if Fort Hill had the ability to schedule them.

Reactions: RedPride97
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT