ADVERTISEMENT

Martinsburg Playoff Game

bigdawgrefwmd

Hall of Fame Poster
Nov 20, 2004
Did anyone see this?
I know they Won The Game over Preston like 84-0, I heard that was the Halftime Score but watching a little bit now to see how bad Preston really was.
okay so with 8:27 left in the First Quarter, that's just 3 minutes and 33 second into the Game.
Martinsburg is up 21-0 and Their OFFENSE Hasn't Ran a Play.
Martinsburg Returns Opening Kickoff 7-0
Preston goes 3 plays -1 Yard Blocked Punt Recovered in Endzone for TD
Preston Runs a few plays, gets a Penalty and Punt and it's Blocked in The Endzone for a TD
Never Witnessed Anything Like This Before
Okay So Martinsburg kicks off, on that Possession Preston Fumbles and Martinsburg on first and 10 at the 22 Throws a Slant for a TD.
1 Offensive Play and a 28-0 Score with 8:06 left in 1st Q
Martinsburg Kicks off on 2nd down at the 6 Preston Fumbles. 3 Plays Later Martinsburg Scores to make it 35-0 with 7:02 left in first Quarter, 5 TD's in 5 Minutes.
Preston goes 3 and out AGAIN Punts and Martinsburg Returns it for a TD 42-0 4:29 Left in 1st Q
Preston backed up at their own 5 is stopped but picks up a First down by Penalty on Martinsburg, 3 more plays punt and Martinsburg takes over at Preston 30 Yard Line.
1 Hand off later and it's 49-0 With Martinsburg running a Total of 6 Plays in the game and 2:22 left in the 1st Q Still.
Preston on 2nd and 28 throws a pick 6
Martinsburg 56-0 with 51 seconds left in 1st Q

2nd Q with 11 Minutes Left Martinsburg Throws for a TD (WOW) 63-0
another Preston 3 and out.
Martinsburg QB runs a draw for 60 yards and the TD 70-0 with 9:32 left in the first half.
WTF DID I JUST WATCH
at the 7:45 Mark Preston's Punter kicks it off the back of his personal protector and it's recovered by Martinsburg to make it 77-0 with 7:45 left in the 1st Half.
After a long run by Preston and a Penalty on Martinsburg Preston is inside The Martinsburg 20 yard line with 7 Minutes left.
Preston throws an interception in the endzone.
Martinsburg takes over at the 20 yard line 6:35 left in the half and the first play up the middle for 80 yard TD 84-0 with 6:20 left in the half.
Martinsburg looks to be playing the JV's Now.
They go to the Half 84-0
3rd Quarter will be 8 Minutes instead of 12
4th Quarter 8 Minutes as well with running clock the entire 2nd half that was shortened.

Last edited:
I really wish Martinsburg would play someone at their level or better. Would love to see them play Wise. What a great game it would be.

I really wish Martinsburg would play someone at their level or better. Would love to see them play Wise. What a great game it would be.
Wont happen. They'll keep the yearly Sherando game while they beat everyone else on their schedule by 50+, including playoffs

Martinsburg would beat Fairmont Sr, Bridgeport, and Bluefield by a running clock
To many weapons even on 2nd team

That 84-0 could have been 150-0 at half if starters played 2nd, QT
Martinsburg is just that dam good

Reactions: Blueandgold45
Martinsburgs only real competition within 100 miles would be the DC area privates. SFA, Good Counsel, Dematha...and the top couple 4A and 3A schools in MD. My guess is there are 3 or 4 public schools in MD that have even a legit chance to beat them. And no, FH is not one of them lol.

Martinsburgs only real competition within 100 miles would be the DC area privates. SFA, Good Counsel, Dematha...and the top couple 4A and 3A schools in MD. My guess is there are 3 or 4 public schools in MD that have even a legit chance to beat them. And no, FH is not one of them lol.

Well, there are so many people living in the Martinsburg area that commute to work in the DC area. Just a hop, skip and a jump away. It's amazing they don't want to find better games there. I truly can't judge how great they are without measuring them against teams at their level. FH had the same issue for a long time, although at least games like ECP give you an indication.

Everyone keeps giving Martinsburg such praise and they have no idea how good they are. I really have my doubts about them. The coach definitely knows how good they are and he is afraid to play anybody On their level. My gut tells me he knows he can’t beat the 4 a champion from Maryland or the top teams in Virginia and Pennsylvania or he would try. And please don’t tell me it’s about the playoffs because it doesn’t matter who they play in 3a West Virginia football Or where they play them

Reactions: cumbfanatic
Martinsburg handled Salem (VA) this year which is in the 4A playoffs in VA regularly, winning the title two years ago and in the Quarterfinals currently. They 266 Max Preps two years ago.

If Martinsburg wants a better test next year drive the 47 miles to Ashburn VA and test the waters against 5A Stone Bridge or Broad Run. Drop Eastern of DC. Just a hope on my part since I'd like to see one of those matchups.

Everyone keeps giving Martinsburg such praise and they have no idea how good they are. I really have my doubts about them. The coach definitely knows how good they are and he is afraid to play anybody On their level. My gut tells me he knows he can’t beat the 4 a champion from Maryland or the top teams in Virginia and Pennsylvania or he would try. And please don’t tell me it’s about the playoffs because it doesn’t matter who they play in 3a West Virginia football Or where they play them
It goes both ways I would like to know if any of the 3a 4a schools in Maryland are calling martinsburg.

When it comes to martinsburg it seems like FH fans are just like everyone that hates FH in the allegany county and mineral county area. Lol

When it comes to martinsburg it seems like FH fans are just like everyone that hates FH in the allegany county and mineral county area. Lol
I’m a fort hill fan. I don’t hate Martinsburg. I’m just tired of hearing about how good they are. The fact is no one knows how good they are. they refuse to play anybody that’s on a upper level. This is a fact. They dominate West Virginia football and that’s all they want to do. There is no crime in that .

They Beat Salem this year again by 35 and they are a 1 seed in their playoffs
Loudoun Valley in 2017, 2018
They have beaten Tuscarora VA in the past as well.
They play Sherando every year and Win.
they have beaten Patrick Henry VA in the past
I honestly don't see a Maryland Public School hanging around with them at all.
I did go to the Martinsburg at Sherando this year and they are the REAL DEAL, The Most Dominating Public School I've ever seen play

I’m a fort hill fan. I don’t hate Martinsburg. I’m just tired of hearing about how good they are. The fact is no one knows how good they are. they refuse to play anybody that’s on a upper level. This is a fact. They dominate West Virginia football and that’s all they want to do. There is no crime in that .
I want to see them play 3a 4a competition in Md or better competition in general, but the privates in md are way out of their league. Lol I think if FH played martinsburg schedule they would have a little trouble honestly and then maybe martinsburg would have a little of FH fans respect when it comes to scheduling. I would like to see if wise is calling martinsburg.

I did go to the Martinsburg at Sherando this year and they are the REAL DEAL, The Most Dominating Public School I've ever seen play

Salem is at the top of VA 4A and Martinsburg handled him. Martinsburg is fine with what they are doing. I haven’t watched much Martinsburg football on the past decade but I have see. More than one person State this is their best team in their historic run and history. I have also heard rumors, and they are obviously unsubstantiated, that the HC Walker may retire after this year.

Fort Hill beat Sherando every year too. Salem is ranked 1300 and something on MaxPreps. Fort Hill has had years in the past where they’ve been ranked 700 on MaxPreps. Martinsburg is great there is no doubt but they won’t play anyone on their level.

What are you on. Martinsburg is the real deal. They are big and fast. I promise you no one in this area wants to play them

I want to see them play 3a 4a competition in Md or better competition in general, but the privates in md are way out of their league. Lol I think if FH played martinsburg schedule they would have a little trouble honestly and then maybe martinsburg would have a little of FH fans respect when it comes to scheduling. I would like to see if wise is calling martinsburg.
I don't know anything about academy park or Salem. But the rest of the dogs schedule i believe FH could handle without many problems

Martinburg's second team would put a running clock on FH and give a good game to most MD teams. if you've watched any of their games I don't know how anyone could dispute this.

Martinburg's second team would put a running clock on FH and give a good game to most MD teams. if you've watched any of their games I don't know how anyone could dispute this.
We'll never know. Like what was said earlier, until we see them consistently playing teams at or above their level then judgements cant really be made regarding Martinsburg and what they would do against team X or team Y

I don't know anything about academy park or Salem. But the rest of the dogs schedule i believe FH could handle without many problems
Musselman would be tough for them, sherando would be tough for them, and to be honest hd Woodson would be too. At least this year would be tough for FH to play martinsburg schedule cause I see they have a lot of trouble defending the spread but I also see teams have trouble defending the wing t.

We'll never know. Like what was said earlier, until we see them consistently playing teams at or above their level then judgements cant really be made regarding Martinsburg and what they would do against team X or team Y
Lol well I guess we all can say the same about FH vs keyser too then? Lol

Pretty much. I can say that FH was probably better than Keyser this year, but I dont really know seeing as how the two didnt play.
Very understandable. So question to people on this board what would be a better game to watch Parkersburg south vs martinsburg or fort hill vs Catoctin asking so I know what game to go to? Lol

Fort Hill beat Sherando every year too. Salem is ranked 1300 and something on MaxPreps. Fort Hill has had years in the past where they’ve been ranked 700 on MaxPreps. Martinsburg is great there is no doubt but they won’t play anyone on their level.
Other than Private Schools there is Nobody on their Level within 3-4 hours.

I have seen them in person and on stream about 4 times total. They can do pretty much what they want anytime they want. They Honestly could of scored 100 points in the first half about 3 times. They will be lucky to have a Playoff Game this season under 50 point winning margin.
This is the best all around Martinsburg Team I've ever seen.

Dont forget they beat a decent State College Team a few back also and correct me if I’m wrong put it on Urbana which was a Maryland power and won some titles and is also 4A. The Dogs resume of teams is pretty ligit. Actually they are 2-0 against State College, and 1-2 against Urbana. Last game was 29-28 I think back in 2014

Last edited:
I think Urbana or linganore beat them like 5 or 6 years ago. Not 100%. But I do remember something like that. Could have been longer than that.

I think Urbana or linganore beat them like 5 or 6 years ago. Not 100%. But I do remember something like that. Could have been longer than that.
It was Urbana, Posted a thread on the teams they played, pretty interesting. I dont know how far it goes back. The FH games are a little inaccurate. Just has 5 Gomes listed, goes back further than that

Reactions: Roaders87Fan
It was Urbana, Posted a thread on the teams they played, pretty interesting. I dont know how far it goes back. The FH games are a little inaccurate. Just has 5 Gomes listed, goes back further than that
I know Westminister beat them in 2012.

Duh. Nobody is saying that fort Hill could beat Martinsburg. The truth is Martinsburg won’t play anyone that is as good as them or supposed to beat them. That’s a fact. this thread has really gotten to be stupid

Martinsburg would beat the team from PA FH played. I think that team lost in the PA playoffs

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT